Jump to content

Fallout - All Versions


Jakes Pal

Recommended Posts

With the upcoming TV show which initial reports suggest is going to be faithful to the lore, and the hopefully impending release of London, I have been inspired to fire up 4 that I have never finished, going for a BoS play through to purge The Commonwealth of synth and mutant scum. My previous game I was Mr nice guy which was fair enough but this time it is power armour and gatling gun time. Going with the Sim Settlements mod along with numerous other excellent mods via Nexus, should be a blast.

 Strange as it seems, although it has been sitting in my Steam account for years I have never played New Vegas, so any recommendations for the best Mods for this, from what I have read is considered to be the best in the series, would be most welcome.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only played New Vegas vanilla, but heard a lot about Tale of Two Wastelands (if you want to merge NV and Fallout 3) and Viva New Vegas. If not Viva New Vegas then you'll definitely want the community patch at a minimum as New Vegas is probably the most buggy of the series - but it's also the best Fallout for me by quite some margin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 31/12/2023 at 19:28, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Don't think it's available on console us it? I don't have a pc though I'm going to pick up a steamdeck this year when the new one comes out.

As far I am aware it is PC only I am afraid, I do not know enough about Steamdeck with regard to its Mod capability, however given that FOL is a full game sized mod, on top of another full sized game, storage would probably be an issue on a handheld anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

As far I am aware it is PC only I am afraid, I do not know enough about Steamdeck with regard to its Mod capability, however given that FOL is a full game sized mod, on top of another full sized game, storage would probably be an issue on a handheld anyway.

That's a point i hadn't considered to be fair the storage but London looks incredible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

As far I am aware it is PC only I am afraid, I do not know enough about Steamdeck with regard to its Mod capability, however given that FOL is a full game sized mod, on top of another full sized game, storage would probably be an issue on a handheld anyway.

Modding on the Steam Deck is possible - even beefy mods. However you are basically stuck with Bethesda's own mod portal which is limited.

Beyond that modding on the SD can be a pain in the ass since it runs Linux. If modding is a priority then Windows based device like the ROG Ally or Legion GO is a better option.

Upgrading storage in all of the above handhelds is very easy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Iakona said:

If modding is a priority then Windows based device like the ROG Ally or Legion GO is a better option.

As we are talking about Fallout and therefore Bethesda  in this thread then modding has to be a priority as history has shown than every open world RPG they have released has been riddled with bugs that the community had to sort with unofficial patches, but most of all improved almost beyond recognition with mods. F4 for example, We are the Minutemen & Militarised Minutemen, Ad Victoriam, SIm Settlements 2, Vivid landscapes, and True Storms are basically required for a play through now IMHO, sadly not all available on console, a decent gaming PC is really the only way you can get the most bang for your buck when it comes to the benefits of mods.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a massive Bethesda geek. Isn't a fallout I don't like and can't wait for the show. Bought a Xbox just to play starfield though and although I like it early, it's starting to feel too repetitive. Not giving up yet just haven't played it or had the will to play it in about 2 months. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Isn't a fallout I don't like

What about 76? I have basically ignored it from the start when it was announced as a MMO. I know that there has been some additions to the game since release, and I read very recently that Bethesda are going to be working on the game into 2024, however if it remains free from a distinct single player campaign then it is a no go for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

What about 76? I have basically ignored it from the start when it was announced as a MMO. I know that there has been some additions to the game since release, and I read very recently that Bethesda are going to be working on the game into 2024, however if it remains free from a distinct single player campaign then it is a no go for me.

Never really got into 76 mate. Was potentially good but just not quite a fallout game. Was surprised how much I was able to do playing it online solo but only goes so far. Still had the base building which was introduced in fallout 4 which honestly I spent most of my time on. Best thing they added. Apparently with all the new downloadable content there is a decent game in there now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2023 at 10:19, Jakes Pal said:

With the upcoming TV show which initial reports suggest is going to be faithful to the lore, and the hopefully impending release of London, I have been inspired to fire up 4 that I have never finished, going for a BoS play through to purge The Commonwealth of synth and mutant scum. My previous game I was Mr nice guy which was fair enough but this time it is power armour and gatling gun time. Going with the Sim Settlements mod along with numerous other excellent mods via Nexus, should be a blast.

 Strange as it seems, although it has been sitting in my Steam account for years I have never played New Vegas, so any recommendations for the best Mods for this, from what I have read is considered to be the best in the series, would be most welcome.

 

Absolutely love Fallout 4.

Never played the others, the concept of 76 just didn’t do it for me.

Series looks great, but not sure if it’ll live up to my own expectations, bit like Last of Us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/01/2024 at 21:18, graeme_4 said:

Series looks great, but not sure if it’ll live up to my own expectations, bit like Last of Us. 

Yeah, the track record of Movie & TV spin off's from video games is not great, we can only hope that the upcoming series does justice to the Fallout World. I realize that we are only seeing a few choice cuts in the trailer, but it does look as though they have nailed the look of the World at least. The vault is spot on, the ghoul make up job on actor Walton Goggins is superb and just how bad ass do those Brotherhood Knights look? If they can combine a decent adventure with the dark Fallout humour then they could be on to a winner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/01/2024 at 15:13, CR3 said:

Would absolutely love if they had an old radio playing the classic radio stuff from the games on the TV show and even small things like someone saying ‘war, war never changes’. 

The Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 soundtracks are absolutely incredible. It's between those games and GTA 3 and GTA Vice City for the most iconic soundtrack in a game for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Second trailer for TV series. I only hope that they have a story/adventure that does justice to how good this looks. The producers are obviously working very closely with Bethesda, and it seems that they have not skimped on the production costs either.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 08/01/2024 at 14:05, Jakes Pal said:

What about 76? I have basically ignored it from the start when it was announced as a MMO. I know that there has been some additions to the game since release, and I read very recently that Bethesda are going to be working on the game into 2024, however if it remains free from a distinct single player campaign then it is a no go for me.

76 is my favourite of the series actually and I play entirely solo aside from events.

 

It feels like a genuine survival game until you team up for tougher events then everyone goes their separate ways again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WilliamMunny said:

That's all episodes on Prime now

Critical reviews are mostly very positive, might get a few beers in later and have a binge watch. Although it may also be an idea to just do one a day to help pass the time until London goes live on the 23rd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

just realised it’s Christopher Nolan’s brother who directed a few of the episodes, ideal. Should be in good hands. Only watched the first episode and enjoyed it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Read a report today that Fallout London will be bigger, size and game play wise than what is planned for F5. Do not know if that is actually the case of course, but if it is true then I hope that Bethesda take this on board with regard to their plans for F5.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Read a report today that Fallout London will be bigger, size and game play wise than what is planned for F5. Do not know if that is actually the case of course, but if it is true then I hope that Bethesda take this on board with regard to their plans for F5.

It's been delayed indefinitely with the Fallout 4 update.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...