Born Under A Union Flag : A Response

D'Artagnan

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-20/stiglitz-says-u-k-would-drop-denial-of-pound-to-scotland.html

Also, do you really think the English threats to uproot all the banking sector jobs in Scotland and move them to England will actually be carried out? Of course not, it would cost England a fortune to do that, and they're not going to cut off their nose just in spite.

Same goes for the scaremongering regarding the MOD shipbuilding contracts. The MOD have contracts all over the world, do you seriously think they're going to shoot themselves in the foot in pure spite if Scotland votes Yes? It would cost them a huge fortune. They're not going to damage themselves just spite.

Project Fear.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28929433

A Noble Prize winning economist calls out the Fear and Bluffing of the No campaign.

Or you could ignore him and listen to Archie instead :lol: . But I think it's too important for that.

Well its a BIG NO for me, and as ive told them at work, watch what you Vote for, cos ye canny reverse it in 4 years time.

Well its a BIG NO for me, and as ive told them at work, watch what you Vote for, cos ye canny reverse it in 4 years time.

So you accept the poor state of things as they are rather than try to make things better? You've just quoted Project Fear's Big One "You canny go back!!!!"

"Scots are incapable of living intelligently!!! We'll take care of you, there's a good boy. Now just watch your football and drink your beer and everything will be fine."

Do you know any nation that wants to go back to life as it was before independence?

http://www.bloomberg...o-scotland.html

Also, do you really think the English threats to uproot all the banking sector jobs in Scotland and move them to England will actually be carried out? Of course not, it would cost England a fortune to do that, and they're not going to cut off their nose just in spite.

Same goes for the scaremongering regarding the MOD shipbuilding contracts. The MOD have contracts all over the world, do you seriously think they're going to shoot themselves in the foot in pure spite if Scotland votes Yes? It would cost them a huge fortune. They're not going to damage themselves just spite.

Project Fear.

Scaremongering ?

http://www.express.c...land-by-EU-laws

I told you a while back if you are not aware of the issues then at least do us the honour of availing yourself of them.

So

(a) Its not "scaremongering" nor

(b) Is it "English threats".

Though your allegation as at (b) really tells us all we need to know about you.

No Thanks

Scaremongering ?

I told you a while back if you are not aware of the issues then at least do us the honour of availing yourself of them.

So

Though your allegation at at (b) really tells us all we need to know about you.

No Thanks

Now. now D'art, don't upset him with all theses pesky informative facts, it will bring back his insecurity and trigger the headaches..... :7325:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-20/stiglitz-says-u-k-would-drop-denial-of-pound-to-scotland.html

Project Fear.

How many warships are built outside the UK?

Edit - here's a clue

http://m.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/independence-bae-hint-at-clyde-shipyard-closures-1-3304301

Do you seriously think the MOD will shoot themselves in the foot and stop using Scotland's shipbuilders just because of independence? Utter bollocks. Scaremongering. It's primary school-age threats.

Nope. It's MOD policy. Name one warship built outside the UK

Do you seriously think the MOD will shoot themselves in the foot and stop using Scotland's shipbuilders just because of independence? Utter bollocks. Scaremongering. It's primary school-age threats.

Are you still butting into a subject that has fuck all to do with you

It's a fact that no foreign country has ever built a Royal Navy ship why would that change if independence happens ?

All the work will go to Portsmouth and Plymouth - it's cheaper and it's in the UK

Ranting about school age threats shows your mask slipping further

Scaremongering ?

So

Though your allegation as at (b) really tells us all we need to know about you.

No Thanks

The express link is exactly scaremongering. They "may" have to take jobs south. It "could" happen. Classic Project Fear.

As I posted earlier, the Nobel Prize winning economist has called out the No campaign for their fear and bluffing regarding moving jobs out of Scotland and not allowing Scotland to use sterling. But keep reading the Unionist papers; you don't want your blinkers to come off.

Also, as I said earlier, I like to get my information from economists as they're going to be honest, not politicians and biased newspapers.

Are you still butting into a subject that has fuck all to do with you

It's a fact that no foreign country has ever built a Royal Navy ship why would that change if independence happens ?

How dense are you? I'm Scottish so it has everything to do with me. Just cause I currently live abroad doesn't mean I don't care what happens in my country.

It benefits the MOD to use Scotland for their warships. If it didn't they would go elsewhere. It's more Project Fear "You'll lose all the jobs!!!" Bullshit.

Have the No people told you how many new jobs would be created? No, of course not.

How will it benefit the MOD to stop using Scotland's shipyards? How much money will it save them? Is it another bluff to instill fear? Yes, it is.

Firstly it'll protect/create jobs within the remainder of Britain. Secondly it'll protect information which may fall under the official secrets act or be relevant to national security. Thirdly it'll be a boost to the r/UK economy. Would you like a fourth? Well here it is anyway. It is existing MOD policy and has been for a long time.

How dense are you? I'm Scottish so it has everything to do with me. Just cause I currently live abroad doesn't mean I don't care what happens in my country.

It benefits the MOD to use Scotland for their warships. If it didn't they would go elsewhere. It's more Project Fear "You'll lose all the jobs!!!" Bullshit.

Have the No people told you how many new jobs would be created? No, of course not.

In what ways does it benefit the MOD to build warships in a foreign state?

How will it benefit the MOD to stop using Scotland's shipyards? How much money will it save them? Is it another bluff to instill fear? Yes, it is.

It will stop BAE from closing Portsmouth

Do you think they will close Portsmouth and send work to the Clyde?

In yer dreams Hamish

I'm sure the Scottish MOD could have ships built. There you go, just saved you thousands of jobs.

Have you any clue at all what you are talking about?

Ferguson's closed cos the Natz gave the CalMac work away to Johnny Foreigner cos it was cheaper

Their track record isn't too good in the shipbuilding field

In what ways does it benefit the MOD to build warships in a foreign state?

The special relationship between England and Scotland will still be there. We will still be unified if GB comes under threat. You seem to think England will erect another Hadrian's Wall. I don't think that much will actually change.