Individual moments at Ibrox....

JR

There are countless episodes that i could recount about what happened at Ibrox that i was there to see. Gazza skipping thru the whole sheep team to win us the league....Arteta smashing the penalty home in the 6-1 demolishing of the Pars to take the flag.....Chris woods missing the penalty against Valetta then bottling taking the next awarded one in the same game...

But the one moment over the years that really stands out was Richard Goughs equaliser in the 2-2 OF game that had Butcher, Woods & frank Macca sent off.

The noise when Gough stooped to poke the ball home in injury time will never leave me and still to this day raises the hair on the back of my neck.

Which moment at Ibrox does that for you?

I think my best Ibrox night was when we beat Bayern 2-0 to get to Barcelona, 80,000 plus seemingly to a man singing 'Barcelona here we come' (to the tune of 'Jack McConnell's wife's a whore' ;)).

I've got a shiver down my spine now.

6-1 season when arteta scored and proberly when we reached last 16 vs Inter at Ibrox, am fairly young so cant really remember much of the oldies that u r all saying but it thought the atmosphere at Ibrox that night when we pld Inter was electric!

A few stick out.

Parma was the most incredible match involving us of my lifetime. The atmosphere was incredible, given we were up against a side considered, back then, as one of the greatest in Europe. When the ball landed to Reyna, you were just anticipating the ball hitting the back of the net as he thumped it home, and the crowd went mental. But it was Vidmar's which sent us into blue heaven. It was so unscripted - a utility left back going on a mazy run, cutting inside and smashing the ball home (with a slight deflection) with his right boot - the look on his face summed it all up - pure ecstatic joy - we were 2-0 up over PARMA!

Another would be the 45 or so minutes following PL's goal in Villarreal. For those 45 or so minutes, we were in the CL quarter finals. That was just incredible. And we deserved to go through.

One last one might just be the cream of the crop though, in terms of raw emotion and hairs on the neck. 2-0 down to Marseille and dead and buried. They had utterly gubbed us for 70 minutes, and how it was only 2-0 was beyond any of us. Cue Gary McSwegan with one of the greatest headers I have ever seen, and cue the most amazing comeback before Hateley made it 2-2. Stunning stuff.

Parma game was superb.

The Sturm Graz game, where we won 5-0 or 5-1..they were a bit of a diddy side, but made the CL every year and we totally thumped them that night.

Most standout in my memory was 6-1 Dunfermline though, 2nd best day of my life behind Helicopter Sunday.

The Sturm Graz game, where we won 5-0 or 5-1..they were a bit of a diddy side, but made the CL every year and we totally thumped them that night.

5-0 I'm sure. RdB gave one of the best performances I have seen in Rangers jersey.

And the 'diddy' team beat us 2-0 when we went over there :rolleyes:

The day, for me, that really made the hairs stand up, was one which probably no other Ger will remember much about.

It was a miserable, wet night on the 14th Nov 1982 that saw us gub St Mirren 4-1. The stadium was only about half full but I will never forget it as long as I live.......

.....My first ever viewing of the Mighty Glagow Rangers at Ibrox.

one of the best days has to be when hatley scored to beat the sheep at ibrox, the noise was unreal.

The bears were so wound up for that one, the atmosphere was truly mental.

I really believe some of the younger Aberdeen players were scared shitless.

one of the best days has to be when hatley scored to beat the sheep at ibrox, the noise was unreal.

The bears were so wound up for that one, the atmosphere was truly mental.

I really believe some of the younger Aberdeen players were scared shitless.

manticore your right as the sheep thought they would win the title that day, my 3 sons were with me at that game and they said they had never heard noise like it.

when we beat them 3-2 in the scottish cup final when lovenkrands scored in injury time, ill never forget that day as long as i live.

Off topic - the threads about Ibrox.

But there you go :classier_than_pipeguy:

3-2.jpg

I have 3 that stick out.

1.the noise against Dynamo Kiev in 87 when we scored the second and actually during the whole game

2. When Walters scored to make it 5 in August 88

3.When the teams walked out at Ibrox in 92 when we played Leeds.....

3.When the teams walked out at Ibrox in 92 when we played Leeds.....

dyou remember how quiet it went when they scored - then almost to a man the roar of defiance that went up straight afterwards just before the restart?

poignant moments indeed