Unreal

stewaj3

Comparatively to past Rangers squads it wasn't a fortune.

Totally Irrelevant. We are not talking about European nights but playing against the dregs of the SPFL/SFL. McCoist should never have needed a squad the size it is or players on the money they are on to beat the likes of Queens Park, Elgin City, East Stirlingshire, etc.

As it is we should have been romping this league and probably would have under another manager..

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the point is hes out his depth as a manager and needs to move on. Hanging on for a payoff is the worst thing possible. He needs to leave and if need be fight through the courts to get his due (wether we feel he deserves it or not). Its only the team that will suffer if we drag this out and i hope the one thing we would all agree on is the team is the most important thing here

He has had the backing of every board and a budget that all but one club in Scotland can only dream of. There are many managers who have had to deal with far worse than Ally has been faced with. If he thinks its tough he should have a look at managing at a lower level with no budget and no training facilities. Its a very very poor excuse when the manager should be the leader to use that as a defence.

I am amazed you think he will 'come good' when there is no evidence of this (if anything he's getting worse). There is optimism, which most of us had at one point, and then there is a complete inability to see the uncomfortable truth.

I hope you are right and he will leave with dignity and retain the respect of the majority. The 'guesses' are, in some ways, based on the evidence of his trying to hide his wage and some of the ways he has tried to shift the blame for his, and the teams, failures rather than hold his hands up and accept that there are major problems.

It isn't just Allys fault but he has bought the players and coaching team in and his must be the ultimate responsibility.

He has had transfer embargoes, no transfer fees, bosman and out of contract signings only, had to attract players down the leagues - but so easy to belittle all that cause of 'second highest budget' - anything to beittle what he has to achieve and how he has had to achieve it - did ANY board back him with a scouting system? His ONLY tools were cash and the Rangers name! Oh and forget he had to rebuild.

Much better to just be as negative as posible!

I think some really need to deal with the reality that McCoist is not acting in the club's interests right now

Those 'some' have blindly backed McCoist and his actions during a near 4 years. They are not going to change their view point now the end game is here.

Thnakfully most are seeing through the 'rangers man' barrier and the next few days will make or break McCoist for some.

Those 'some' have blindly backed McCoist and his actions during a near 4 years. They are not going to change their view point now the end game is here.

Thnakfully most are seeing through the 'rangers man' barrier and the next few days will make or break McCoist for some.

Absolutely, if he refuses to at the very least agree a vastly reduced severance then he's finished in my eyes

You cant take away Allys goal scoring achievements of years gone by but the trouble perhaps for some is separating AM the player and AM the manager.Its pretty obvious he has not been the success it was hoped he would be.Some seen it from the start of his campaign as manager some have stuck with him although now its staring them in the face.Just about every manager in Scottish football has to deal with problems,lack of money,lack of investment,unstable boards,poor training facilities,poor and dropping attendances unfortunately these are all part and parcel for just about every manager in Scottish football. The point is no one said the job was going to be easy,surely these experienced men in the dug out knew this as well.Regardless of what they may or may not have been paid im pretty sure everyone on all of these threads would agree that the RANGERS MANAGEMENT team have been very well paid for what they have achieved. What they have achieved was done by Gary Bolan at Livingston who no doubt had to face a lot of the same trials and struggles as our management team.Only difference being GBs budget was far far less than the current Rangers one but he still managed to get his team over the line.

He has had transfer embargoes, no transfer fees, bosman and out of contract signings only, had to attract players down the leagues - but so easy to belittle all that cause of 'second highest budget' - anything to beittle what he has to achieve and how he has had to achieve it - did ANY board back him with a scouting system? His ONLY tools were cash and the Rangers name! Oh and forget he had to rebuild.

Much better to just be as negative as posible!

Yet he's attracted players with SPL experience and still has failed to produce a team that play to their abilities. As I said if he (or you) think its 'tough' then you have no concept of what tough really is. Ally has a problem (like you) in that he has no grasp on what it is to have it tough. He has the best training facilities, bar none, in Scotland and you seem to forget the embargo was only in place after he had spent money on players.

You know that most lower league managers have to 'rebuild' pretty much every season? I think you need to understand the level at which we have been playing when you come up with the paltry list of excuses for Ally. The advantages he has had over every other manager in the previous two leagues (and most in this) far outweigh any disadvantages that you claim.

I know of one manager who built a team with few resources and had them competing but was forced to give up because he was losing money as he was travelling over 100 miles 3 times a week to manage the club, as well as having a full time job. He did this because of his huge affection for the club and it gutted him to have to give up when the paltry budget was cut yet again. Please don't try and talk about 'problems' when I can show you countless managers in a far worse position than Ally could dream of.

We've seen three massively different Rangers teams when if comes to personnel and the cost of assembling those teams during the past three years and every single one of them have served up the same route one, slow, turgid, unimaginative, defensively poor football while being mentally weak and lacking both character and composure.

The one constant throughout those three seasons is McCoist and his management team. That isn't a coincidence.

If he doesn't take it, some vulture in the boardroom will.

I'd guess we'd use it to stay afloat...Ashley can't keep loaning us a million or two to keep us going.

In any case saying Ally should get it on the off chance another vulture get's it is hardly a good enough excuse.

I had a look at the AGM and final results thread in boardroom. I looked through the link of the accounts. Don't know if I'm daft but can't see anything there about 53 players. 57 players between u14 and u21 played internationally though. In that thread you were the first to mention 53 players.

took it from here

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=276429&hl=%2Bplayers+%2Bbooksalso i got it from the accounts

2d6wm79.jpg

scroll down to the part where it says "notes to the financial statement (continued),

worse thing is that ally has added 3 players to the books since the last audited accounts, and we are worse off on the park :anguish:

took it from here

http://forum.rangers...yers +booksalso i got it from the accounts

2d6wm79.jpg

scroll down to the part where it says "notes to the financial statement (continued),

worse thing is that ally has added 3 players to the books since the last audited accounts, and we are worse off on the park :anguish:

Cheers. However 29 of those 53, 54%, are professional youths.

Similar to your definition. Does your dismay ease knowing the playing squad of 53 is made up from a majority of young teenagers?

well given that out of the 53 only 24 players have played a competitive first team game, and 6 of them have made 5 or under appearances, i think its fucking dreadful seeing as how pish we have played

and how demoralising for the younger players that no matter how shite the older guys have been, they will play every game they are fit for

well given that out of the 53 only 24 players have played a competitive first team game, and 6 of them have made 5 or under appearances, i think its fucking dreadful seeing as how pish we have played

and how demoralising for the younger players that no matter how shite the older guys have been, they will play every game they are fit for

Is it not a good thing we have these young, potential superstar players contracted? I think it is.

only if ally goes, yo've seen his feelings to youth in the last year and a half

Well, we hope so. However plenty managers are reluctant to rely on youth.

Listen, he has given youth games. He's given debuts to 16 year olds and based his squad on 2 teenagers the last 3 years. I know it's not been enough, and games after winning the league were wasted. But youth has played under McCoist.