better with or without

cameron1873

Simple question, is the club in a better place for having McCoist as a manager or not.

For me absolutely yes, even though the state we are in now as a CLUB I think we would have been worse of without having someone like McCoist in a position of power.

I may follow the same team as a few fickle people on here but we definitely don't follow the same club and ethics

I admire loyalty. But not blind loyalty.

Yes Ally McCoist did an amazing job post Craig Whyte. But there it ended.

You mention following the Club and ethics. Ally McCoist is not Rangers Football Club. Ethically there is much Ally has done that is questionable.

In many supporters opinion Rangers Football Club would be far better off if Ally McCoist and his now over £700k salary were gone at a time the club clearly cannot afford Ally McCoist to remain both in terms of Footballing Results and our Financial situation. Most of those same fans genuinely wanted Ally McCoist to succeed. However he has failed to create a Rangers team capable of meeting the aspirations of the Club and it's support.

Simple question, is the club in a better place for having McCoist as a manager or not.

For me absolutely yes, even though the state we are in now as a CLUB I think we would have been worse of without having someone like McCoist in a position of power.

I may follow the same team as a few fickle people on here but we definitely don't follow the same club and ethics

Yes, I think you're right. But what a pity he couldn't have been there in a general management role rather than as the team manager. He brought much needed strength and confidence at a time when we were assailed from all sides, but that should not deflect from his abysmal performance as team manager. He simply does not 'have it' as a coach/manager and he really needs to go now, but I would dearly love to see him in a meaningful role at Ibrox in the future, although that seems unlikely.

Rangers are a shambles and a laughing stock on and off the park.

Whilst McCoist is not responsible for the nonsense that has hap​pened by those running the club he has benefited financially with ridicous rewards for his 'loyalty' to the club when I would argue he has been more loyal to himself.

Regardless of our well publicised financial problems he has never questioned whether his salary and those of his staff and players are fair and proportionate given the level of football being played. It has always been the view that they are Rangers staff and not 2nd, 1st or Championship division staff.

He is an intelligent man and has been quite happy to line his pockets whilst those on the board have done likewise during his tenure. A real Ranger like Struth or Wallace would have taken those above them to task.

As for the football side. The football and results, particularly in the various cups, has been nothing short of embarrassing it has been so poor. It only rubs salt in the wound when you consider the vast sums that have been wasted. It is hypothetical to say whether another manager could or would have delivered more.

We can only deal in facts and McCoist has not delivered. He may have got us promoted and won 2 titles but at what cost financially and football wise? He has lost fans in their thousands whilst he is still the highest paid manager in the country.

I have no respect for him. A real Ranger would have worked for a living wage with pay rises and bonuses deferred until we were financially healthier and playing at a competitive level.

McCoist has always been more concerned about ensuring he gets his share of the money with no regard for the club's future.

I have no respect for him as a man, manager or Ranger.

Many of us continue to defend the club as being a continuation of that formed by the Gallant Pioneers. whilst at the same time failing to recognise it as our club.

I support Rangers not McCoist and Ally has undoubtedly been good for himself but not Rangers in his time as manager.

Indeed his presence has muddied the waters and a lot of the support still have some sort of misplaced loyalty to him. From a football point of view I really wonder whether they actually watch the football because that is ultimately what he should be judged on, whether it is any good and whether him and his team represent value for money.

Rangers are a shambles and a laughing stock on and off the park.

Whilst McCoist is not responsible for the nonsense that has hap​pened by those running the club he has benefited financially with ridicous rewards for his 'loyalty' to the club when I would argue he has been more loyal to himself.

Regardless of our well publicised financial problems he has never questioned whether his salary and those of his staff and players are fair and proportionate given the level of football being played. It has always been the view that they are Rangers staff and not 2nd, 1st or Championship division staff.

He is an intelligent man and has been quite happy to line his pockets whilst those on the board have done likewise during his tenure. A real Ranger like Struth or Wallace would have taken those above them to task.

As for the football side. The football and results, particularly in the various cups, has been nothing short of embarrassing it has been so poor. It only rubs salt in the wound when you consider the vast sums that have been wasted. It is hypothetical to say whether another manager could or would have delivered more.

We can only deal in facts and McCoist has not delivered. He may have got us promoted and won 2 titles but at what cost financially and football wise? He has lost fans in their thousands whilst he is still the highest paid manager in the country.

I have no respect for him. A real Ranger would have worked for a living wage with pay rises and bonuses deferred until we were financially healthier and playing at a competitive level.

McCoist has always been more concerned about ensuring he gets his share of the money with no regard for the club's future.

I have no respect for him as a man, manager or Ranger.

Many of us continue to defend the club as being a continuation of that formed by the Gallant Pioneers. whilst at the same time failing to recognise it as our club.

I support Rangers not McCoist and Ally has undoubtedly been good for himself but not Rangers in his time as manager.

Indeed his presence has muddied the waters and a lot of the support still have some sort of misplaced loyalty to him. From a football point of view I really wonder whether they actually watch the football because that is ultimately what he should be judged on, whether it is any good and whether him and his team represent value for money.

Exactly spot on.

McCoist has made us a joke.

Motivation has a big part to play in it, the manager can be blamed for that of course but I feel its only natural that players need to be challenged to get the best out of them and for 2 years they've had a complete non event to contend with, this year of course has been different but after two years I'd imagine its hard to suddenly regain that focus, particularly when you all of a sudden are facing full time players

Isn't playing for Rangers motivation enough? It certainly should be and a real Rangers Manager would have ensured this happens.

It's the stuff of fantasy to make a claim any which way on the matter, we'll never know.

My suspicion is that Ally is one of few people who could have lead us transitioning from the top of the game to the bottom, had some no-mark been in charge it could have alienated the support, bare in mind Ally would have to have left along with the players that did. I'm not sure the vast number of fans who rallied round our club would have had some new guy been appointed that no one knew, especially with all the off-field issues that have rumbled on since.

With regards to football, Ally is at this moment a disaster, his time was up following the Raith defeat among the fans and failure to win the division we're in will be a legacy that McCoist and our club/support do not need.

With regards to the business refer to the football, shite football with short-sighted actions has decimated the support and our finances in turn, McCoist should however not be used as a deflection or scapegoat for the simple fact that we as a business have been shambolic for years and the board has swallowed/misappropriated the vast bulk of our finance while being neglectful of the business model.

Conclusion - Had Ally handed in his resignation at the end of the 4th tier and had left during the Summer just-past stating that the task was beyond him and that the Cup Final performance would have got him the sack in better years, then he would have left the building 'legend status' intact. Sadly that actually required him to be a fortune teller and hindsight is wonderful (assuming McCoists only way out the door is to see his notice). He had to go at the end of last season, if it's the case the board are unwilling to release him then it tells you a lot about our board and what they are up to. If it's the case Ally's issue is a whopping pay-off and he won't leave without it then he's degraded everything I think of him. I suspect we'll find out going forward but for everyone's sake Ally has to go this instant because our finances and aspirations are depleting by the game. Being there through the transition and seeing us out of the two lowest tiers is something you can't take away from the man, it's up to this board now to salvage this season our aspirations going forward and our finances, the ball is in their court and failure to release/sack McCoist is on their head not Ally's.

Some really good points.

Plenty have said why would this board not want McCoist gone. Makes me wonder what they'll do when he is gone and there's no one for them to hide their own ineptness behind...

History is littered with people who over stayed their sell by date. Unfortunately for Ally he's not only outstayed his welcome, he's proven that he's also not up to the task. Reputations can take a life time to build, and be lost in a heartbeat. One of the hardest things in public life is knowing when to go, get it wrong and a life times reputation just crumbles to dust!

Some really good points.

Plenty have said why would this board not want McCoist gone. Makes me wonder what they'll do when he is gone and there's no one for them to hide their own ineptness behind...

And when he's gone, while we'll be trying to find a place to hide our ineptness, you and the gallant few will be crying like Jessie's. Pass the sick bucket ffs.

Would of been interesting to see where we would be if an unknown manager came in. Chances are we would not be in the same league but we might of been financially more sound. I just dont think fans would be happy at being in the 4th or 3rd tier for a number of seasons even if we were making money.

Lol wit. You trying to say another manager wouldn't of got us out of those part time leagues even without being able to sign overrated shite?