Ally is at it!

SteveJ

Hopefully.

I'm pretty sure no matter how good hindsight is, we wouldn't have accepted a team built on part time players. Let alone if those guys would have had the mental and physical strength to handle the pressure of playing for us every week. We have seen that they can raise their game as the 'underdogs' would they have handled being the 'big dogs'? I'm not convinced.

It's irrelevant now though. We can't change the past and see how that would have worked. We had one chance, and this talk of another season outside the top flight is ludicrous. It was and is imperative we get back asap!!

QotS stayed full time in division2 but i get your point, however they showed that 700k a year could still do the job, we could have spent 4x that and still saved a few bob in the process

IF we had spent 2.1m to get there then we may never have got here. Lets not forget TUPE was responsible for bringing a nice back whack of wages across.

Infact four players would have eaten up that 2m. Jig, Boca, Goian and Alexander. That's not even bringing guys like Edu, Broadfoot and Wallace into it.

yup, but say we spent 3mill a year on wages, now if 700k can canter the 2nd division, imagine how many points 3mill would have won it by and we'd have saved a fuck ton of cash in the process

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QotS stayed full time in division2 but i get your point, however they showed that 700k a year could still do the job, we could have spent 4x that and still saved a few bob in the process

yup, but say we spent 3mill a year on wages, now if 700k can canter the 2nd division, imagine how many points 3mill would have won it by and we'd have saved a fuck ton of cash in the process

Possibly but then we'd likely have got to buy more great things like Edmiston House. Whatever money we saved on the football side would have been spunked against a wall on other shite. Ed House, Albion Car Park, Million Quid WiFi etc.

Possibly but then we'd likely have got to buy more great things like Edmiston House. Whatever money we saved on the football side would have been spunked against a wall on other shite. Ed House, Albion Car Park, Million Quid WiFi etc.

(tu)

We haven't had a competent board the last 5 years so this talk of saving money is redundant till we sort that mess out.

(tu)

We haven't had a competent board the last 5 years so this talk of saving money is redundant till we sort that mess out.

I've seen many clubs that have been a clusterfuck on the pitch continue to operate as normal in the boardroom. I rarely see a club thats a clusterfuck in the boardroom operate normally on the pitch.

I've seen many clubs that have been a clusterfuck on the pitch continue to operate as normal in the boardroom. I rarely see a club thats a clusterfuck in the boardroom operate normally on the pitch.

the thing is, on the park has been one of the most consistent parts of the last 2 and a half years, ally has spent 7mill a year all 3 seasons (including this one) so its not like he has had to chop and change his targets for budget reasons every season

the boardroom has been an absolute disaster, but with regards to on the park they have been pretty solid in giving ally more than enough

the on field issues come from the management team and their inability to both coach and control the players, for example, Ian Black's betting scandal, after his suspension he walked right back into the team, we won most if not all the games he was banned for (7 games was it), how demoralising for squad players seeing that and its the type of thing that causes divides in the squad (something like peralta mentions)

the utter refusal to drop off form players from a certain clique might very well have damaged this squad beyond repair, nicky clark was flying this season but dropped for miller and then dumped behind daly for no reason other than what ally gave to himself

Black and Law have been atrocious in most games this season, but have started every game they have been fit for, aird was atrocious in the same games and was dropped, same for templeton

our on field problems stemmed from the management downwards, the board are too busy fucking things up upstairs to even bother about the on field matters

you asked what evidence there was, i was implying there wasnt any but they still managed to turn it around

however when we made a rip roaring cunt of it (pick your time, the hearts home game, the alloa away, the hibs home game) we have gotten worse, not better

The evidence (or warning sign) was when they played us off the park in the Petrofac, with only lack of a cutting edge preventing them dumping us then, despite them playing half a match with 10 men.

It took one of the most ludicrous bits of defending I've ever seen to give us the ET winner in that one.

Lessons should have been heeded, but weren't.

A good number of guys in here have been saying 'Hivs are pish'.

Doesn't say much for us if that is true.

The money spent does not equate to what "other clubs spend" The desire of other teams to beat QOTS is far removed from the high of playing Rangers. When has how little we have spent ever came into the equasion? How do you go from a club that has always spent big to a club that spends nothing and gain promotions against teams who are still playing to beat that blue jersey. I know Walter tightened the spending with his "free transfer' years but the wages were still big

How many times you seen a player performing out his skin against Old Firm ,only to fade later. God knows, a few got signed to disappoint when they pulled on the jersey.

Young kids and teams find it highly motivating against Rangers ..........everything to prove. In our team the pressure is on them kids . Less you are a Barry F or Bobby Russel, most find the pressure intimidating. The other point is guys. Our fans are impatient. Wait 2 years in div 3 for kids to develop? Mindboggling. We can hardly give guys time to take a throw in. The press and the pressure would have been ruinous apart from lowest income we ever had.

Hibs have been good at building young teams anyway. They had to be, needs must. We have not needed to or been used to it. We don't get the time. Finance and pressure see to that. Not great of course but that is the business we were in. We need to look at these things for sure as a way forward.

If you look at the East End, they are bringing little through as they buy ready made second rate players from abroad. :thumbup:

an admin on here said we'd pump hearts and walk the league :lol:

I thought we'd end up cruising it by 10 odd points.

I expected it to be battle between us and Hearts but the "strength" of our resources in terms of strength in depth would eventually see us pull away in spite of McCoist.

That prediction is exactly why I'm not a betting man :(

I tell you what!!

The guy should be hanging his head in shame not flouting his wealth around

Yes he has his life to live but while many worry about their Xmas bills when this ratbag(my opinion) is raking in some 15 grand a week from us ----probably around 1500 season tickets have to be sold to foot this bill ---

This photo was leaked as a two finger gesture towards us all -make no mistake the guy wants to do damage and was probably gloating over the Hibs result

A huge part of where we are lies at his feet while he was coining it and despite his failures -still is--with no conscience whatsoever

The enemy within is my call

Took advantage of board turmoil purely for self interest and when found out has decided to try to bring us down

I don't agree with boycotts but any money I part with going to him makes me sick at the thought

I tell you what!!

Yes he has his life to live but while many worry about their Xmas bills when this ratbag(my opinion) is raking in some 15 grand a week from us ----probably around 1500 season tickets have to be sold to foot this bill ---

This photo was leaked as a two finger gesture towards us all -make no mistake the guy wants to do damage and was probably gloating over the Hibs result

A huge part of where we are lies at his feet while he was coining it and despite his failures -still is--with no conscience whatsoever

Took advantage of board turmoil purely for self interest and when found out has decided to try to bring us down

I don't agree with boycotts but any money I part with going to him makes me sick at the thought

I tell you what!!

I tell you what!!

hysterical tripe.

I tell you what!!

This. The club is on its knees and this leech is sitting at home bleeding us dry for £15k a week we can barely scrape together all while the more loyal, longer serving staff are getting bumped with two weeks wages as a 'goodwill gesture'. Sickens me to my stomach and the fact he's a so called 'legend' shouldn't hide the fact that he's also a money grabbing, self serving wanker.

Some fucking Rangers man.

You ask people for proof when they tell you what pay off Ally wants?

He says Ally would walk for nothing bar the confidentiality thing. Well where is he getting this from? Because from where everyone else is sitting he's quite happily taking every penny.

Ally should have held his hands up and walked after RR shambles if not sooner. He obviously doesn't give a fuck about the club I've thought that for years.