Potential Transfers And Loans (in And Out)

When we finally get to a position where we are able to build a scouting network again I think it's vital we find somebody who can monitor the lower leagues in Scotland.

Dundee Utd have really carved out a niche in that regard over the past few years - Dixon, Douglas, Robertson, Paton, Spittal & Morris have all come from the lower leagues and they are about to sign a 22 year old with 18 goals so far this season from Arborath for £50,000.

Ok a lot of them maybe wouldn't work out but if one or two did then we get a really good player for the here and now who can also make us money down the line too.

It's a low risk strategy that has high rewards when it works as Dundee Utd are finding out.

We should be scouting the lower English Leagues.

There are some decent young players down there.

Sort that with our Training / Coaching and fan PR and we will recover both on and off field.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When we finally get to a position where we are able to build a scouting network again I think it's vital we find somebody who can monitor the lower leagues in Scotland.

Dundee Utd have really carved out a niche in that regard over the past few years - Dixon, Douglas, Robertson, Paton, Spittal & Morris have all come from the lower leagues and they are about to sign a 22 year old with 18 goals so far this season from Arborath for £50,000.

Ok a lot of them maybe wouldn't work out but if one or two did then we get a really good player for the here and now who can also make us money down the line too.

It's a low risk strategy that has high rewards when it works as Dundee Utd are finding out.

It's actually frightening that these are the teams we've played against. Yet we can't pick up one player that we've actually faced.

We could do worse than to get someone with 'Rangers contacts' shoehorned into a Queens Park capacity.

Right enough DBBTB we have to be able to spot potential. Andy Robertson for example,he may have played against us 4 times in Div 3 but none of our coaching staff noticed the guys potential.Why because they were and still are to a digree blinkered by experience.FFS the guy must only have been yards away from the Rangers dugout at times but no-one could see what he might become ie 2.8 million pounds worth but Utd who didnt even play in the same league spotted it. This is where we have to focus a lot of our energy in the futurs finding the next generation of Rangers greats not a bunch of has beens and over the hill guys topping up their pensions.

We should be scouting the lower English Leagues.

There are some decent young players down there.

Agree with this too.

A lot of Scottish clubs have picked up really good players from lower league English clubs or from the academies of clubs competing in the better leagues down there.

We could probably pick up Scott Allan for 250/300k and he's the one signing I'd look to persue this window or the summer.

From what I've heard Allan was scunnered with how he was treated by us prior to signing with Hibs, was told that we would be in touch with him to table an offer and heard nothing. Really can't see him signing for us which is a shame as he has been brilliant for Hibs.

Agree with this too.

A lot of Scottish clubs have picked up really good players from lower league English clubs or from the academies of clubs competing in the better leagues down there.

Correct I would rather have them than some of the small minded Scottish lower League players who are quite happy to sit in Nandos all day.

We might really benefit from having a friendly EPL club willing to give us a hand.. The two youth guys that went on loan from Man City to "them" have been brilliant so far.

Not sure I'd call Guidetti youth. I'd be flattered though as he's the same age as me.

Most people knew about him due to his time in the Netherlands. Was always going to do well in this Country.

It's actually frightening that these are the teams we've played against. Yet we can't pick up one player that we've actually faced.

We could do worse than to get someone with 'Rangers contacts' shoehorned into a Queens Park capacity.

To only notice or identify one player with talent playing in your own country in almost 100 games of football against these teams is just another damning indictment on the people who have been managing us.

I know people who defend it will say aye but we are Rangers not Hibs, Hearts or Dundee Utd but that argument doesn't really count for much when you consider the circumstances we have been in since Summer 2012 and the environment we have been playing in.

We need to sort out the management from top to bottom first. We signed the very best of lower league strikers for nothing - Clark - yet he has seen bugger all game time.

Correct I would rather have them than some of the small minded Scottish lower League players who are quite happy to sit in Nandos all day.

(tu)

It simply has the be the model for us going forward and no amount of people yelling but we are Rangers is going to change that fact.

There's no way we can afford or run above board if we buy the finished article like we have done in the past (even in the past couple of years is still been the mindset albeit on a far lower "scale" of talent when compared to what we were spoilt with for the 90's and most of the 00' so far).

Totally agree.We have to get back to the basics of developing a team not just buy buy buy which is the main reason we are in this shit in the first place. We have become lazy with regards to scouting,training,tactics the full package has been a shambles for years and not just the past few years.For to long we just bought our way out of trouble and now we have no money we dont know how to fight our way out of trouble.

To only notice or identify one player with talent playing in your own country in almost 100 games of football against these teams is just another damning indictment on the people who have been managing us.

I know people who defend it will say aye but we are Rangers not Hibs, Hearts or Dundee Utd but that argument doesn't really count for much when you consider the circumstances we have been in since Summer 2012 and the environment we have been playing in.

Forgot Clark played against us in the Challenge Cup. Even then it was hardly surprising seeing as he scored an obscene amount of goals and then we still don't give him a chance.

I'm totally with you mate. Talking about this just depresses me because the time for it was before now. And if, by some small miracle we get promoted, it'll be hard to rebuild with the pressure of challenging them (which I believe to be totally unrealistic anyway).

(tu)

It simply has the be the model for us going forward and no amount of people yelling but we are Rangers is going to change that face.

There's no way we can afford or run above board if we buy the finished article like we have done in the past (even in the past couple of years is still been the mindset albeit on a far lower "scale" of talent when compared to what we were spoilt with for the 90's and most of the 00' so far).

Correct we never caught up with the change in Football.

Even some of the English clubs changed their way of spending big massive amounts of cash, and started bringing in younger players from abroad, we need to stop splashing cash on old outdated players who played for us before.

Some on here have been saying this for 3 years now.

Our Training, scouting, Coaching needs fixed asap before buying Players with shitty attitudes.