Paddy Power And William Hill

2 Portuguese league titles,2 Portuguese Super Cups,1 League Title and 1 Greek Cup with Olympiacos....how is he a shite manager? Look at the style of play Porto have been playing the last few years...what has Warburton done compared to Pereira?

To be honest if Davie Weir wasn't with him would we even be looking at him in the first place?

What the fuck has Cathro done compared to him and you said he was your first choice.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's one of the most talked about prospects in Spain at the minute,somebody is going to take a chance on him sooner rather than later and I wish it was us.

Fine but you've asked what Warburton has done compared to Pereira. Yet you've placed someone with no managerial experience ahead of him.

Would rather Warburton was joining without Weir tbh.

Think if we trust the guy to be our manager we should trust his judgement in hiring his own assistant manager. If we said to him he couldn't bring Weir he'd probably tell us to do one.

As manager ....assistant is far different, just look at Ally.

So why do people think Cathro would a good appointment when he's never been a manager? As you say, being a good assistant is evidence of nothing if Ally MCCoist is anything to go by.

2 Portuguese league titles,2 Portuguese Super Cups,1 League Title and 1 Greek Cup with Olympiacos....how is he a shite manager? Look at the style of play Porto have been playing the last few years...what has Warburton done compared to Pereira?

To be honest if Davie Weir wasn't with him would we even be looking at him in the first place?

Nothing leagues. Couldn't win anything in Qatar. Would rather have mccoist back

So why do people think Cathro would a good appointment when he's never been a manager? As you say, being a good assistant is evidence of nothing if Ally MCCoist is anything to go by.

Cathros an unknown quantity. But the people 'in the know', rate him very highly.

Warburtons only been head coach for one season aswell. So in that respect, Warburton can be seen as a gamble aswell.

Would rather Warburton was joining without Weir tbh.

I agree with this. Don't get me wrong, Warbuton has the right to choose his own assistant but there's better guys out there to help him.

I'd guess in the way he's came across in interviews and how hes viewed in Spain...only speculating mind, I've not really pushed for Cathro ,although he has came across well in what i've read.

I'll be perfectly honest and say I don't know a great deal about the main 3 that have been mentioned and I think this is probably the most crucial managerial appointment weve made since Souness.....a man who had never been a manager!!!

Fine but you've asked what Warburton has done compared to Pereira. Yet you've placed someone with no managerial experience ahead of him.

I know where you're coming from but I want the club to be brave and go for him,said in another thread that Warburton's the safest option out of the 3.

He's not coming as a manager.

First of all we don't know if he is coming at all.

His performance as a manager is relevant. It shows his capability. He failed as a manager.

Being no 2 to a successful Warburton previously gives us no indication of his ability.

Would rather it was someone else.

I think we agree we need a manager who will work like fuck, first in the last away at night, pay attention to detail and lead a re-build of our club, not just our senior team.

We need a manager who can identify young hungry players on low wages, make them better and sell for a profit.

That man is Warburton I believe, Cathro and Pereira are very exciting but just feel it's the wrong time for us to appoint either one of them

Really hope he's in post very soon,