Whatever Happened To Rosettes? And Rickety Rattles?

Maybe I'm showing my age here but I haven't seen a rosette or heard a rattle in many years. Nobody wore strips to the games when I started going to Ibrox and you'd often see jacket, shirt and tie with a scarf round the neck on the men. Very few wimmin went in those days. Big brown bags filled with cans of pale ale and wee haut bottles too, by the way, an' that.

Maybe I'm showing my age here but I haven't seen a rosette or heard a rattle in many years. Nobody wore strips to the games when I started going to Ibrox and you'd often see jacket, shirt and tie with a scarf round the neck on the men. Very few wimmin went in those days. Big brown bags filled with cans of pale ale and wee haut bottles too, by the way, an' that.

Im sure your not that old...!

Never see rosettes any more, probably dissapeared mid 70's. Dont know why.

I remember the 'kerry oots' but too many of the bottles were getting thrown I think!

I bet the picture of your first day at school is a painting.

I painted my rattle Red/White/Blue and my pal who lived across the road ('Tic fan) decided to paint his Green/White. I told him he had to give it 2 coats of Lacquer when finished or the paint would peel :D

Green/White rattle no workie,Tam the bam :mutley: