Youth Development Under Warburton

govanblue

I got a letter from the Rangers Development Fund today, and this part caught my eye...

... We've certainly experienced a rollercoaster ride over the past 3 seasons. The appointment of Mark Warburton and Davie Weir is fantastic for the Rangers Development Fund (RDF) as both Mark and Davie place great emphasis on developing from within our Youth Programme. The average age of their Brentford team was 23 and was created largely from lower league players with hunger and potential. They almost made it to the English Premiership.

This increased focus on youth development will lead to our role at the RDF receiving a higher level of interest from within and outwith the club. We are the main sponsors of our Youth Programme, which our new management team will rely heavily on. A great opportunity for us all. ...

I think that' makes very encouraging reading. (tu)

More than ever, now is the time to be supporting the Rangers Development Fund in all their efforts to finance our Youth Setup.

The RM Fund will certainly be doing its bit this season, and I hope every individual fan will also support RDF as much as they can.

To remind you - RDF raise most of the money for our Youth Development. They raise it through sales of:

Rising Stars Half Time Raffle tickets - £2 each. available online always, or by phoning the RDF office, or from programme sellers before kick off.

Rangers Lotto - £1 a week per ticket (each ticket is entered into the Wednesday & Saturday draws. The Draw uses the UK National Lottery draw numbers. If you win anything, RDF contact you, so you won't miss a winning prize). You can join online or by phoning RDF (easier)

Stadium Bricks - £50 each normally (currently on sale at £40 from RDF, or only £30 for Fund Members!! )

Summer Raffle - On sale now! £1 a ticket. Win £1000, 2 Season tickets, etc.

RDF Fundraising nights - the last one at Ibrox was absolutely fantastic, so they are definitely going to do one again in the future. You should go.

You can buy most of their stuff online, but you might find it easier, and more enjoyable to simply phone the RDF office directly - they're always happy to hear from you. 0141 427 4914

http://www.rangerslotto.co.uk

Govan Blue. I know you're not doing this for any personal gain but it's people like you who should be a face of a fans group.

You're enthusiasm and passion is a credit to the club.

Keep it up mate.

This. And a really nice genuine guy as well or so my wife tells me.

Govan Blue. I know you're not doing this for any personal gain but it's people like you who should be a face of a fans group.

Keep it up mate.

You love him dont you :wub:

Keep it up mate.

Cheers for the Kind words BG, but I've found my niche, and my level right here. (tu)

Being an official face for an official Fan's Group brings with it a whole different set of problems - problems I don't fancy tackling. :P

And anyway - who would run the Fund while I was at all those Lunches???

Cheers for the Kind words BG, but I've found my niche, and my level right here. (tu)

Being an official face for an official Fan's Group brings with it a whole different set of problems - problems I don't fancy tackling. :P

And anyway - who would run the Fund while I was at all those Lunches???

You being the FACE of a fans group - shudders!

:pipe:

No pint in getting carried away, but it's about time we had this approach from a manager and one that knows what he's doing helps a lot. Looking forward to seeing young guys playing for Rangers in future years as I still hold with my 'theory' that they can give us good service for a number of years, and/or be sold for a healthy profit. Which provides us with money to start again. A perpetual footballing machine. I like the sound of that.

I think when Dick Advocatt wanted Murray Park built his idea was that of copying teams like Ajax. Developing young players and if the time was right selling them on. The whole point of having a "youth academy" is to develop youth.When clubs like Ajax sell a player on its not before they already know that they have a replacement already waiting to take his place.Yes they still bring in players from outside and I don't think any right minded Rangers fan will ever believe that we will turn out a starting 11 all from our youth teams but it would be great if 5 or 6 of our first team starters were developed in this way.Unfortunately the whole " youth academy " idea has been neglected one way or another by previous management and boards so lets hope MW can turn this round and give us more of a long term outlook for developing our future Rangers stars.

I think when Dick Advocatt wanted Murray Park built his idea was that of copying teams like Ajax. Developing young players and if the time was right selling them on. The whole point of having a "youth academy" is to develop youth.When clubs like Ajax sell a player on its not before they already know that they have a replacement already waiting to take his place.Yes they still bring in players from outside and I don't think any right minded Rangers fan will ever believe that we will turn out a starting 11 all from our youth teams but it would be great if 5 or 6 of our first team starters were developed in this way.Unfortunately the whole " youth academy " idea has been neglected one way or another by previous management and boards so lets hope MW can turn this round and give us more of a long term outlook for developing our future Rangers stars.

Aside from Auchenhowie being a training ground rather than a youth academy i like your post