Rangers Looking Rosy Under Warburton - Shoot

The Dude

Good article.

I do still believe waghorn will get 20+ this year but not in the SPL perhaps. He missed a couple of chances last night but they were on target while Clark added nothing when he was on. I made the same point last night that we do need another striker but not because waghorn won't score that many but in case he gets injured and we're left with an over the hill Miller or a below par Clark leading the line. I don't think hardie has what it takes physically to play the lone striker role and Gallagher perhaps more suited out wide.

It's night and day to the last 3 years though......loving it.

Think Waghorn is more than capable of banging in 20plus this season, but I don't think he will, he'll work the backline well and create chances for others just as much as getting on the end of chances himself.

The biggest thing that impressed me last night, was his ability to understand a press, his curved run cut out the simple ball back to the other centre half, it limited their options and made the press much easier, some very smart play despite only being here for a day. He has the intelligence IMO to play that role very well. It makes the midfielders job much easier when he does that, Law, McKay and Halliday I'm sure all nipped in with tackles as a result of Waghorn's movement across the back line, cutting out potential passes.

bit of a sidetrack to the thread, but good article IMO.

It's Townshend, not Townsend.

Take the 'h' you always thought was in Entwistle and swap it.

Ah! The same 'h' you get in 'the bhoys'?

Didn't realise it was an indicator of anything. Every day's a school day.

I'm astounded 'SHOOT' is still going after all these years. I had the very first issue of SHOOT until a few weeks ago when I threw it out. I've still got the SHOOT Soccer quiz book 1982 and the SHOOT ANNUAL 1985, both in mint condition and there are some memories in those two books. :pipe:

I'm astounded 'SHOOT' is still going after all these years. I had the very first issue of SHOOT until a few weeks ago when I threw it out. I've still got the SHOOT Soccer quiz book 1982 and the SHOOT ANNUAL 1985, both in mint condition and there are some memories in those two books. :pipe:

Getting annuals at Christmas was the fucking business.

And Summer Specials for the Glesga Fair.

Shoot, Match, Roy of the Rovers, Oor Wullie, The Broons, Whoopee, Whizzer and Chips, Eagle, Scream and a smorgasbord of Marvel.

2419120-whizzer_and_chips_annual_v1969_1