Jason Koumas

Guest The Brown Brogue

This would be a great signing imo. This guy has good passing skills, good shot on him and he can play anywhere across the midfield. I hope that this rumour is true but I don't see it happening :unsure:

this would really make up for my disappointment over faubert. This guy is a class act i have seen him play many times, once in the flesh when northern ireland played wales. He is a top class player and the only reason he is still at west brom is that he didnt want to jump ship as soon as they got relagated and wanted to stay to try to get them promoted again. Not too many players like going about with a great attitude like that. Hes the one player i hoped celtic didnt sign as he would immense in the spl.

this would really make up for my disappointment over faubert. This guy is a class act i have seen him play many times, once in the flesh when northern ireland played wales. He is a top class player and the only reason he is still at west brom is that he didnt want to jump ship as soon as they got relagated and wanted to stay to try to get them promoted again. Not too many players like going about with a great attitude like that. Hes the one player i hoped celtic didnt sign as he would immense in the spl.

Sorry mate but I have to disagree with you there.

Koumas is known to have a stinking attitude. Gary Megson dropped him and made him train with the club's youth team because of his attitude and Bryan Robson transfer listed him at the end of the season when they somehow managed to stay up. His was his main reason for doing so:

"I've been disapointed with his attitude at a time when other midfield players have moved above him in the pecking order"

He, like Megson and also Frank Burrows (who took over as caretaker manager for a spell) were all also critical of his work rate and defensive capabilities. Burrows stated:

"if he gets his head round working hard to back up his talent then WBA will have one of the best midfielders in the Premiership"

He was then farmed out to Cardiff, where to be fair he was immense. However the following summer he refused to train and did not show up at pre season training with WBA because he wanted a full time move to Cardiff and they would not match the 2 million asking price of WBA.

He signed a new 3 year deal in August, was recalled in Spetember and to be fair stepped up to the plate and was good this season at WBA.

However I can't help but ask these questions about him:

Has he really been so good that his asking price has more than doubled within 10 months?

In a time where guys like Buffel and Boyd are lambasted for lacking in effort then would he be the best option around considering 3 managers have dumped him for being workshy?

Does two good seasons in the Championship mean he is capable of by dictating games at Champions League level?

For the money I can't help but think that he is too much of a risk in a time when we must get every signing spot on.

He's a good player but I'd rather we went for someone else. Srna, Rommedahl, Gera, Feindouno(sp)....

I've never seen Srna or Feindouno, but I don't want Rommedahl.

Gera I would take in a minute.

Srna is a bit like Faubert as he can play RB and RM/W. Got a bit of pase, skill, solid in the tackle, fit and has a great delivery along with a good shot and set-piece.

Like you said Muff, he is similar to Faubert in every way, except he can also strike a mean free kick (one discription is read labelled himn the Croatian David Beckham in terms of dead ball skills)

Hopefully if we have been watching Rat, as he has claimed then Smith will also be aware of Srna. And with anywhere between 4-5 million earmarked for a quality player he will hopefully be on Smith's radar.