Official Rangers Pub

They could even have a restaurant type pub with food like King Billy Burgers, Hello Hello Hot Dogs, and you could have the ol Bangers and Mash while getting up to yer knees in chips n cheese

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how much that pub can take in on a match day.

It would surprise you how viable it is even only for games.

I lived in Copland road for 25 years and remember how much that shithole stadium bar made

Yeah mate I agree.

I was replying to a poster talking about bars closing daily and the problems for a bar that is only open once a fortnight or so.

My Louden example was proof to him it must be sustainable and profitable otherwise it wouldn't be here.

• 2 weeks later...

You would think they could put some of their profits into improving the places - the WRC is an absolute shit hold and The Louden is getting a bit tired too.

No we aren't. We're constantly renovating the premises.

To say we are tired in the weeks after we have renovated the Lounge and expanded the bottle bar is untrue and unfair.

GM

I agree, it's a waste of time going to the WRC or the louden pre or post match. Just spend half your time waiting to get served.

I also think that is wrong in our case - we have plenty of staff and three separate serving areas.

I really don't see how you would spend "half your time" waiting to be served.

GM

The club should look into some sort of franchise style partnership with known Rangers pubs/owners.

That way we get something relatively official and Rangers supporters livelihoods are protected.

We were The Official West of Scotland Public House Partner of Rangers FC ;)

The pub you are talking about on broomloan road at the esso garage was the ibrox house

Went in there before my first game at Ibrox in 1973!

Remember there was a metal 'D' around the bar & you weren't able to cross that line without getting a real earful from the staff!

Haha I know.

I can't mind waiting long for a drink the last time I was in.

Quick service is what we are geared up for - we always try to ensure we have lots of staff and are well prepared to get people served.

It drives me nuts going to clubs and stuff and seeing them understaffed and waiting 10 minutes for a drink as I compare it how we run.

GM

Its amazing the stuff that gets said about us mate - one of the lads that works for us was at a walk a few months ago and had a guy telling him that we are season ticket holders at parkhead :lol:

GM

Fucking hell ! :lol: why would someone say that , strange mate. I couldn't see anyone running a pub like your and how it's decked out , supporting any other club let alone them , laughable mate (tu)

Quick service is what we are geared up for - we always try to ensure we have lots of staff and are well prepared to get people served.

It drives me nuts going to clubs and stuff and seeing them understaffed and waiting 10 minutes for a drink as I compare it how we run.

GM

Aye it can be a big queue but it goes down pretty fast.

Pubs like that do my tits in, feel like throwing a pint glass at the bar staff just to grab their attention as they go from one side of the bar to the other.

Normally that's what Wetherspoons is like.

No we aren't. We're constantly renovating the premises.

To say we are tired in the weeks after we have renovated the Lounge and expanded the bottle bar is untrue and unfair.

GM

Been in recently and the bottle bar is looking good (tu)

Maybe the Lounge was in process of being done up when I was in.

No mention of my suggested improvements though! :lol:

Been in recently and the bottle bar is looking good (tu)

Maybe the Lounge was in process of being done up when I was in.

No mention of my suggested improvements though! :lol:

Well we had a flood light installed 2 weeks ago (described as being like the sun in a facebook post by a longtime regular :lol:) as its now getting to the winter months and as far as I'm aware TV's aren't allowed outside due to licensing restrictions - but I'm going to be checking that up prior to the work being done on our extension that we recently got planning permission through for.

GM