Official Rangers Pub

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the club will be looking at this in the future as Dave King said they're wanting to improve the fan experience in and around the stadium. There definitely is an opportunity to make a bit of money for someone who is willing to put it in.

Edmiston house building is riddled with asbestos. The cost of licenced asbestos removal, and treatment of the rest of the building outweighs the cost of demolition. Even with demolition, the asbestos would still have to be removed safely first - so there would be extensive costs involved in doing that too.

This aside - a pub folds every day in the UK. That's pubs that can open 365 days a year. Potentially - we could have as little as 19 or 20 home matches in a season. That's only 19 or 20 packed days for any facility. How would you keep staff and beer in that case? With one winter postponment - we can easily go three or four weeks without a home match. Not a business case that I'd like to fund.

Any facility would only be viable if it was getting trade on at least five or six days a week. A function suite would probably sell itself for weddings, funerals, nirthday parties etc - but the main bringer of cash is drink sales, and a huge turnover would be needed to be viable.

Edmiston house building is riddled with asbestos. The cost of licenced asbestos removal, and treatment of the rest of the building outweighs the cost of demolition. Even with demolition, the asbestos would still have to be removed safely first - so there would be extensive costs involved in doing that too.

This aside - a pub folds every day in the UK. That's pubs that can open 365 days a year. Potentially - we could have as little as 19 or 20 home matches in a season. That's only 19 or 20 packed days for any facility. How would you keep staff and beer in that case? With one winter postponment - we can easily go three or four weeks without a home match. Not a business case that I'd like to fund.

Any facility would only be viable if it was getting trade on at least five or six days a week. A function suite would probably sell itself for weddings, funerals, nirthday parties etc - but the main bringer of cash is drink sales, and a huge turnover would be needed to be viable.

How does the Louden survive as a primarily match day only boozer?

Not a fan of the Louden or the Wee Rangers Club tbh ...much better in the likes of the Grapes or Red Lion but I agree with the gist - said for years Rangers should have an official bar in the vicinity for match day - make an absolute killing.

Is the old Stadium bar still standing? If it is that might be an option for the club to buy it and reopen it on match days.

OK it is technically at the wrong end of the stadium but that would only be a problem twice a season.

How many years is it since you've been to Ibrox?

How does the Louden survive as a primarily match day only boozer?

I know how much that pub can take in on a match day.

It would surprise you how viable it is even only for games.

I lived in Copland road for 25 years and remember how much that shithole stadium bar made

Not a fan of the Louden or the Wee Rangers Club tbh ...much better in the likes of the Grapes or Red Lion but I agree with the gist - said for years Rangers should have an official bar in the vicinity for match day - make an absolute killing.

Id rather drink in one of the pubs along PRW but since i get a supporters bus to games so there's no time to get anywhere else other than WRC

Id rather drink in one of the pubs along PRW but since i get a supporters bus to games so there's no time to get anywhere else other than WRC

Yeah I appreciate that. It's really handy.

I tend to take my chances of a £40 on the spot and get a cargo :lol:

Just a trip down memory lane regarding pubs close to ibrox ( sorry it's getting away from the topic regarding an official Rangers bar near the stadium) what was the name of the pub where the Esso filling station is now it was always mobbed on match days, ps sorry it was at the top of Broomloan road on the right hand side.