*** Christmas Presents For Erskine Veterans.

govanblue

That's me posted 4 cheques out to Erskine....

Ersk_Xmas_Chqs_zpsgwbikgy4.jpg

Total: £800

Along with our usual instructions that this money must be spent on enhancements to their Christmas Dinner/Celebrations

Last year, our cheques did quite a bit...

And this year, there's a bit more money, so hopefully they'll get even more out of it.

Bishopton get a larger amount, because they're a larger Home - and Edinburgh get a small amount too, because it's Christmas, and because we suspect there are probably a few Bears Lurking within their walls too. ;)

ps - This money is not from the current Erskine Christmas Presents Fundraiser - this is money already pledged from the November Fundraiser. (tu)

:clap:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.facebook.com/ProudtoCare/posts/865303123586576

Our veterans got a huge surprise this weekend with the delivery of Christmas gifts - but they didn’t come from Lapland - they came all the way from Ibrox!

Rangers Supporters Erskine Appeal have been busy elfs collecting presents for our veterans. This festive time will be made brighter by this donation. A huge thank you to RSEA and everyone who contributed towards the presents. It means a great deals to us. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

12347670_865299053586983_556799388283189

12346320_865298986920323_803019161139117

:thumbup:

So I guess they'll not need any more presents, so I'll just keep this cash :P

Our Christmas Presents donation is progressing slowly but surely. So far, I've wrapped 24 training tops, 8 polo shirts and 8 Home shirts. Only another 90 or so to go.

I also bought a few stocking fillers today. About £40 worth. I'll get more tomorrow.

And I found these online, and thought they were very appropriate, so I've bought one for each of the 3 Homes...

sweetshop1427224144_408.jpg

So anyway,

I was picking up some stocking fillers today, and I saw some cute cuddly santa toys. Only £2 each. I wasn't really paying attention, so I just grabbed a few. Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention on the way home either, and we were involved in a very serious "accident".

But don't worry, the santas have come out of it relatively unscathed, no serious damage done, and they're feeling much better already.

They should count themselves lucky - on any other day they could have lost a finger or two. :D

santa_zpsk0fukt6t.jpg

Oh btw - I got this email reply from Erskine Glasgow the other day...

... Thank you once again for the very generous donation. We will definitely put it to good use. We have our Christmas Party in the Home tomorrow evening, so I will make an announcement that the evening has been sponsored by the RangerMedia Erskine Fund.

The residents of the Home are fortunate to have such generous supporters – I know they appreciate all you do.

Oh and that's all the Christmas Collection Money spent now too. :(

I'll give you the full breakdown when I get a chance.

But roughly it's this:

Clothing from Mrs Eagle's Shop - £650

Clothing from Asda - £200

Sweets from Asda and Morrisons - £250

Total - £1100

I'll give you a full breakdown of what we've got when I get a chance, but in the meantime, here's a pic of the sweets we've bought for Erskine Bishopton Home.

We have a pile for Erskine Park and Erskine Glasgow too (both a bit smaller, because they're smaller homes).

If you remember, we bought some of these sweet shops online...

sweetshop1427224144_408.jpg

- which got us to reminiscing about sweets in general.

And since reminiscing is an important part of Erskine's programmes, we thought that going somewhat overboard on sweets for them was probably a good thing.

So in addition to the sweet shop, we're also providing each of the 3 homes with a big pile of assorted sweets.

here's Erskine Bishopton's Sweet Collection...

Erskine_Sweets_zpsixkgqvos.jpg

I imagine they'll already be quite well stocked for Christmas, so that lot will hopefully last them well into 2016. (tu)

Well done to all who have donated. Unfortunately i dont have spare funds till after xmas day but im well over due for a donation to some of GBs Erskine causes so im vowing here now to make a donation by NY day. If i dont GB can ous5 me :lol:

Well done to all who have donated. Unfortunately i dont have spare funds till after xmas day but im well over due for a donation to some of GBs Erskine causes so im vowing here now to make a donation by NY day. If i dont GB can ous5 me :lol:

Good Man Willis. (tu)

Although I'm a bit disappointed to see you putting your family first this Christmas. :P

PS - After New Year, our Official Club Merchandise at Crazy Prices will be available to all good Fund Members like yourself. :D

So that’s all the presents bagged up for the 28 Erskine Veterans. I’ll deliver them tomorrow or Thursday, along with the 3 piles of sweets we’ve bought for the 3 Homes.

Erskine Park tell me they’ll use some of the sweets as prizes in their New Year Bingo Night. Apparently ‘big’ prizes such as these will go down a storm with the residents, compared to the usual prizes (freddo bars apparently!)

Anyway, here’s what we’ve managed to pull together. It's all 2011/12 and 2012/13 Umbro Kit, which as everyone knows, is the best kit we've had for decades. (tu)

Donald, George, Ian, Kenneth, Joe, John, Robert and Robert:

• Training Top 1/2 Zip - Blue
  • Training Top 1/2 Zip - Navy
  • Home Shirt 2012/13
  • Polo Shirt
  • hat & gloves (Asda)

Bill, Charlie, Glen, Jimmy, Jimmy, John, John, Maurice, Willie and Wullie:

• Taining Top 1/2 Zip – Blue
  • Training Top - Blue s/s
  • Training Top - Navy
  • Home Shirt 2012/13
  • Polo Shirt - Navy
  • Training Jacket - Navy Stripes

Charles, Dougie, John, John, and Stevie:

• Training Top - Navy
  • Home Shirt 2012/13
  • T Shirt (Blue)
  • Hoodie (Navy)

Bob, Dinger, Donald, Jim, Mick:

• Training Top – Navy
  • Training Top – White s/s
  • Rangers Baseball Cap
  • Fleece (Asda)
  • Sweatshirt (Asda)

All in all, that’s 144 items of Rangers Official Clothing. (and 24 items from Asda (all blue) - just to balance things up a bit where we didn’t have enough of some items in the right sizes.

Oh and everything we’ve provided still has the tags on, so if anything doesn’t fit or isn't suitable, Erskine can easily get it swapped for something that does fit. (tu)

thumb_Trg_01_halfzip_Navy_7_zpspdmhpgzk.thumb_polo_01_zpsquzsg33w.jpgthumb_Hoodie_01_Navy_zpsfc9nonoz.jpgthumb_Trg_05_blue_74005U_zpsmpnzks3m.jpgthumb_home_shirt_12_13_zpsu4whgsof.jpg

And we also got Dinger a bigger Padded Jacket, because he can’t get into the ones they have.

And we got Bomber Bill (he’s probably 102 by now!) some bags of toffees, and a wee jar to keep them in - in the hope that we can help him reform his ways while he’s still young…

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=285741

toffee1_zps06h47da2.jpg

So that’s all the presents bagged up for the 28 Erskine Veterans. I’ll deliver them tomorrow or Thursday, along with the 3 piles of sweets we’ve bought for the 3 Homes.

Erskine Park tell me they’ll use some of the sweets as prizes in their New Year Bingo Night. Apparently ‘big’ prizes such as these will go down a storm with the residents, compared to the usual prizes (freddo bars apparently!)

Anyway, here’s what we’ve managed to pull together. It's all 2011/12 and 2012/13 Umbro Kit, which as everyone knows, is the best kit we've had for decades. (tu)

Donald, George, Ian, Kenneth, Joe, John, Robert and Robert:

• Training Top 1/2 Zip - Blue
  • Training Top 1/2 Zip - Navy
  • Home Shirt 2012/13
  • Polo Shirt
  • hat & gloves (Asda)

Bill, Charlie, Glen, Jimmy, Jimmy, John, John, Maurice, Willie and Wullie:

• Training Top - Navy
  • Home Shirt 2012/13
  • Polo Shirt - Navy
  • Training Jacket - Navy Stripes

Charles, Dougie, John, John, and Stevie:

• Training Top - Navy
  • Home Shirt 2012/13
  • T Shirt (Blue)
  • Hoodie (Navy)

Bob, Dinger, Donald, Jim, Mick:

• Training Top – Navy
  • Training Top – White s/s
  • Rangers Baseball Cap
  • Fleece (Asda)
  • Sweatshirt (Asda)

All in all, that’s 168 items of Rangers Official Clothing. (and 24 items from Asda (all blue) - just to balance things up a bit where we didn’t have enough of some items in the right sizes.

Oh and everything we’ve provided still has the tags on, so if anything doesn’t fit or isn't suitable, Erskine can easily get it swapped for something that does fit. (tu)

thumb_Trg_01_halfzip_Navy_7_zpspdmhpgzk.thumb_polo_01_zpsquzsg33w.jpgthumb_Hoodie_01_Navy_zpsfc9nonoz.jpg

And we also got Dinger a bigger Padded Jacket, because he can’t get into the ones they have.

And we got Bomber Bill (he’s probably 102 by now!) some bags of toffees, and a wee jar to keep them in - in the hope that we can help him reform his ways while he’s still young…

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=285741

toffee1_zps06h47da2.jpg

:clap: