Fowler

McBoyd

im of the opinion that if we were going to sign him, we would have signed him already in time for pre season training. Dont think we will be getting him now but you never know.

im of the opinion that if we were going to sign him, we would have signed him already in time for pre season training. Dont think we will be getting him now but you never know.

Thats what i was thinking, i hope we do get him. But.. i wouldnt be TOO bothered if we didnt.

Smith denyed any interest about a month ago.

McCoist had informal talks with his agent a while ago. A deal of £10k a week plus £5k per game played was mentioned but Rangers haven't been back in touch. His agent wasn't too impressed with the offer given what Fowler has done in the game and the fact players like Scott Brown are earning so much more.

McCoist had informal talks with his agent a while ago. A deal of £10k a week plus £5k per game played was mentioned but Rangers haven't been back in touch. His agent wasn't too impressed with the offer given what Fowler has done in the game and the fact players like Scott Brown are earning so much more.

Source ?

Source ?

A relative of mine!!.... who is friends with his agent. His agent is from glasgow, George Scott.

I heard the same thing (except the exact figures) but that the door is still open - it depends on our other transfer activities.

Fowler himself was up here a couple of weeks ago playing golf in Lochwinnoch.

£15k a week not including win bonuses and trophies.

Not bad for a guy who has no-one chasing him,but you can see his agents point,he is there to get the best for his client and feels someone of Fowlers stature could command more....that would be my final offer for a 32 year old though.

Fantasy guys, would not enhance our team. Sounds good to be associated with Robbie but he's not what we need im sorry to say.

(tu)

Considering the other clubs he is linked with

Teams from Australia and the USA doh

I still think he has a couple of seasons left in him, especially in our league, and I think he could do a job for us.

What I don't understand is the worry about the wages as he doesn't need it, he has stated all he wants to do is play and could come within our wage structure??

Robbie Fowler admits he has yet to receive any offers since being released by Liverpool.

The former England international did not have his contract renewed by Rafa Benitez after scoring seven goals in 23 appearances last season.

The 32-year-old is keen to find a new club, but concedes he is still waiting for the chance to discuss a move to another team.

"I'm between jobs," Fowler told Sky Sports News. "I actually thought I'd have a few options, but at the minute I've not, nothing has happened as yet.

"There should be interest in a few weeks for me, I think. Obviously I don't want to blow my own trumpet, as in this day and age, lots of players are in my situation and not everyone can get a club.

"I'm in that boat, so we'll just have to wait and see.

"I'm confident in what I can do. I'm 32 and not past it by any means. I feel as though I'm capable of still doing a job, I'm just waiting for that phone call to get any offers."

Fowler wonders whether any interested clubs are being deterred by his past injury troubles, but he insists he is currently in good shape.

He added: "I've not got a bad record in the Premier League. I know I've had a few injuries and people might be scared off by that, I don't know.

"I never played as much as I wanted to last year, but I kept myself in good shape and I think I'm as fit now as what I have been for a long time.

"I don't think I need to prove myself to anyone, my record speaks for itself. I'm not going to stand here and say 'come and get me' because I've played at the top level for 10 or 15 years now and I think that says it all."