Bdo World Darts Championship 2016

I actually can't handle watching the BDO...it's absolutely rotten!

I know where you coming from m8, after watching the pdc the bdo is just poor fair, I'm watching durrant and waites here and most legs are around 18 darts although the standard has git better in the last 2 sets.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sick of cunts ridiculing this every year. Yes, its not the same standard of the PDC but if you think its pub level then you're off your mind. Its still a high level of arras and fairly watchable.

Don't get me wrong I prefer the PDC but the Lakeside is still a great tournament.

I do struggle to watch the early rounds much the same as I can't be arsed with the first round of the pdc, anyway I only saw the waites game today and while the standard was ok it was an entertaining enough game, unfortunately the top 12 players in the pdc are streets ahead of what the bdo has to offer.

But credit to the lad Norris who looked more than comfortable on the pdc stage after switching from the bdo.

The standard is nowhere near as bad as some make out. Also, the BDO looks after the interest of darts at all levels and is not just a subsidiary of Sky Sports.

That's not true the PDC have made huge strides in other aspects of darts other than the pros. They have a brilliant youth set up and have invested heavily in it also they offer up tour cards in Q school each year so anyone can try and join there is also a challenge tour where players not quiet good enough for the top top they can still do the challenge tour and make some money and get used to playing on the tour.

That's not true the PDC have made huge strides in other aspects of darts other than the pros. They have a brilliant youth set up and have invested heavily in it also they offer up tour cards in Q school each year so anyone can try and join there is also a challenge tour where players not quiet good enough for the top top they can still do the challenge tour and make some money and get used to playing on the tour.

I have not watched darts in years and caught the other thread for pdc and while watching this match on now both are just as exciting just another offers more money.

This is an amazing match!

I have not watched darts in years and caught the other thread for pdc and while watching this match on now both are just as exciting just another offers more money.

This is an amazing match!

Both matches today face been of a good standard am right into darts have been for years watch a lot of it and av slow seen the bdo getting worse and worse a lot of the decent players leave and go to the pdc only the hardcore bdo players like waites and Martin Adams have stayed as they like playing for there counties and England. Good thing for bdo is they have announced another few big tournaments which is good for them they only had the masters and worlds. BBC and olly ruined bdo but hopefully with euro sport and bt sports picking up there tournaments they get more exposure and the players make more money. The loser in the pdc final gets more money than the winner of the bdo haha it's crazy

Both matches today face been of a good standard am right into darts have been for years watch a lot of it and av slow seen the bdo getting worse and worse a lot of the decent players leave and go to the pdc only the hardcore bdo players like waites and Martin Adams have stayed as they like playing for there counties and England. Good thing for bdo is they have announced another few big tournaments which is good for them they only had the masters and worlds. BBC and olly ruined bdo but hopefully with euro sport and bt sports picking up there tournaments they get more exposure and the players make more money. The loser in the pdc final gets more money than the winner of the bdo haha it's crazy

After years of not watching and seeing the pdc final the crowds are bigger and the venue but Anderson never got past the 1st round at Lakeside so I think he should go prove his metal on there for shits and giggles :D as it seems even the best freeze on that stage which makes its so unpredictable.

Sick of cunts ridiculing this every year. Yes, its not the same standard of the PDC but if you think its pub level then you're off your mind. Its still a high level of arras and fairly watchable.

Don't get me wrong I prefer the PDC but the Lakeside is still a great tournament.

Completely agree, slate the BDO or the shite atmosphere all you want, but slating the players is unfair, the PDC guys are full-time pros, these guys are amateurs and guys who play part-time around a full-time job. I'm not saying the top 25 or so in the PDC or so are miles better though.

Besides, outside the top 50 or so the PDC is shite as well.

3-dart averages for the Preliminary Round for this years World Championships from both events.

PDC: 79.69

BDO: 84.32

Number of 3-dart averages below 70 in both events

PDC: 3

BDO: 0

Number of 3-dart averages below 75 in both events

PDC: 4

BDO: 3

Number of 3-dart averages below 80 in both events

PDC: 12

BDO: 10

Number of 3-darts averages below 85 in both events

PDC: 26

BDO: 31

After this the stats get really skewed in the PDC's favour

Number of 3-dart averages above 90 in both events

PDC: 84

BDO: 26

Number of 3-dart averages above 95 in both events

PDC: 51

BDO: 4

Number of 3-dart averages above 100 in both events

PDC: 18

Sure they don't shoot 95+ averages in the BDO but it's not the players fault, they're guys who have jobs for a living and play darts part-time. Criticise the BDO's management for promoting it as a world champs, sure (and for being a bunch of twats) but criticising the players is unfair.

After all, most of the BDO's guys I'm sure would be able to elevate their game to a higher level if they went to the PDC and turned pro (now I'm not saying everyone would turn into an Anderson or MVG), and seeing as most of the PDC guys are ex-BDO it's pretty much fact. It's just common sense really, that more time to practice = better player. And that's what the PDC gives you.

Completely agree, slate the BDO or the shite atmosphere all you want, but slating the players is unfair, the PDC guys are full-time pros, these guys are amateurs and guys who play part-time around a full-time job. I'm not saying the top 25 or so in the PDC or so are miles better though.

Besides, outside the top 50 or so the PDC is shite as well.

3-dart averages for the Preliminary Round for this years World Championships from both events.

PDC: 79.69

BDO: 84.32

Number of 3-dart averages below 70 in both events

PDC: 3

Number of 3-dart averages below 75 in both events

PDC: 4

BDO: 3

Number of 3-dart averages below 80 in both events

PDC: 12

BDO: 10

Number of 3-darts averages below 85 in both events

PDC: 26

BDO: 31

After this the stats get really skewed in the PDC's favour

Number of 3-dart averages above 90 in both events

PDC: 84

BDO: 26

Number of 3-dart averages above 95 in both events

PDC: 51

BDO: 4

Number of 3-dart averages above 100 in both events

PDC: 18

Sure they don't shoot 95+ averages in the BDO but it's not the players fault, they're guys who have jobs for a living and play darts part-time. Criticise the BDO's management for promoting it as a world champs, sure (and for being a bunch of twats) but criticising the players is unfair.

After all, most of the BDO's guys I'm sure would be able to elevate their game to a higher level if they went to the PDC and turned pro (now I'm not saying everyone would turn into an Anderson or MVG), and seeing as most of the PDC guys are ex-BDO it's pretty much fact. It's just common sense really, that more time to practice = better player. And that's what the PDC gives you.

There was 72 players played in the pdc worlds and there's 27 in The bdo ?? they stats don't sound that good

There was 72 players played in the pdc worlds and there's 27 in The bdo they stats don't sound that good

Not the brightest are we bud? :lol: 72 in the PDC and 48 in the BDO.

The extra round, if anything, skews the stats in favour of the PDC not the BDO. Extra round means more matches to throw 95+ and 100+ averages, especially so when you consider the most talented players are the ones that will go further in tournaments, it's actually the PDC's stats that should be boosted by the extra round.

Same with the 180s count. I've heard people say, "the PDC's thrown 350 more 180s than the BDO". Yep, again, because of those extra matches.

As I said before, this doesn't change the fact the top 25 in the PDC are miles ahead of the BDO.

After years of not watching and seeing the pdc final the crowds are bigger and the venue but Anderson never got past the 1st round at Lakeside so I think he should go prove his metal on there for shits and giggles :D as it seems even the best freeze on that stage which makes its so unpredictable.

not true m8, Anderson got to the semis once, I'm sure he got beat by the eventual winner who was an Aussie called Tony David......I think.