John Fleck

Hopefully will have the chance to feature in the 1st team sqaud at some point this season. (tu)

Agreed. We need to play these players at an extremely young age so they'll be experienced by the time they're 20. Look at Fernando Torres - captain of Atletico at 19.

IMHO, we cannot afford to take the gamble with youth in what is such a crucial season.

We cannot afford the inconsistancy that comes with it.

In what way do you mean?

This is the probable first team so far

McGregor (24)

Hutton (23)

Weir (37)

Webster (25)

Papac (27)

Ferguson (28)

Hemdani (29)

Thomson (22)

Burke (22)

Boyd (23)

Darcheville (28)

That doesn't look very young to me. Be fair we aren't going to throw six or seven into the first team to play every week.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully will have the chance to feature in the 1st team sqaud at some point this season. (tu)

Agreed. We need to play these players at an extremely young age so they'll be experienced by the time they're 20. Look at Fernando Torres - captain of Atletico at 19.

IMHO, we cannot afford to take the gamble with youth in what is such a crucial season.

In what way do you mean?

McGregor (24)

Hutton (23)

Weir (37)

Webster (25)

Papac (27)

Ferguson (28)

Hemdani (29)

Thomson (22)

Burke (22)

Boyd (23)

Darcheville (28)

That doesn't look very young to me. Be fair we aren't going to throw six or seven into the first team to play every week.

No thats a fairly decent average age for a team... about 26.

But none of them are particularly young. When you throw in a kid like Fleck... now THATS young. I would wait a few years before throwing the likes of Lennon, Furman and Fleck into the first team.

what i heard was that you need to be 16+ to play in the reserves, more likely he'll spend the entire season playing reserves then depending on how he does i would expect him to go to a lower league team for a year then we'll see him starting to be integrated when he's about 18 into the first team (obviously depends if he develops at same rate as he is now tho)

In what way do you mean?

McGregor (24)

Hutton (23)

Weir (37)

Webster (25)

Papac (27)

Ferguson (28)

Hemdani (29)

Thomson (22)

Burke (22)

Boyd (23)

Darcheville (28)

But none of them are particularly young. When you throw in a kid like Fleck... now THATS young. I would wait a few years before throwing the likes of Lennon, Furman and Fleck into the first team.

Can't be bothered doing the maths but isn't JDC 32??? On top of that where is Beasley, or is it supposed to be Beasley and not JCD?

what i heard was that you need to be 16+ to play in the reserves, more likely he'll spend the entire season playing reserves then depending on how he does i would expect him to go to a lower league team for a year then we'll see him starting to be integrated when he's about 18 into the first team (obviously depends if he develops at same rate as he is now tho)

I think Fleck will be one of the few players who will never go to a lower league, but will be integrated (over time) into the first team.

I've mentioned in other threads a good place to blood some of these youngster would be in the League cup, have a mixture of the youth with a spattering of more experienced players.

Look at Arsenal last season, and yes I know they're not the same quality, but it is just an example.

I just hope that the youngster is afforded more patience than Alan Hutton was earlier in the season if he does get the nod.

Though I reckon due to the hype surrounding him, he may get the 'untouchable' status from early on, I hope so anyway.

Encouraging that the lad can generate such excitement at such a young age.

A really good prospect will force his way in, regardless of age.

Eh? Rangers have bought a house that John Fleck and his family are living in...apparently they are going to give this to JF or his family when he is 16 in August, and signs for Rangers (according to the OP).

A really good prospect will force his way in, regardless of age.

Definetly.

However, I would be reluctant to introduce him to the first team at such an early age.

In what way do you mean?

McGregor (24)

Hutton (23)

Weir (37)

Webster (25)

Papac (27)

Ferguson (28)

Hemdani (29)

Thomson (22)

Burke (22)

Boyd (23)

Darcheville (28)

Can't be bothered doing the maths but isn't JDC 32??? On top of that where is Beasley, or is it supposed to be Beasley and not JCD?

you just saying that coz they are both black :pipehorse:

Racist.

i think the situation will turn out..

smith will rather spend 2million on someone with the same prospect as fleck in 2 year time..from say hibs

and say byebye to fleck..

Spend £2 million...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

More likely to replace him with a bosman from Falkrik or Kilmarnock.

I thought he was from Glasgow <cr> why did they have to get him a house

He lived in pollock i think and rangers didn't want him to be near all the neds, I don't know why he lived in pollock considering his dad is robert fleck he must have a bob or two.

Its Knightswood he stayed he use to or still does go to Knightswood secondary and if a remember correctly the club bought him a house near Murray Park so he would keep away from neds etc as he is a player the club regards very highly. I have seen him a couple times and has been very impressive didnt look out of place playin against older boys but i dont think he will break through this season maybe the season after but not this season to much pressure on Walter this year to win the league

Will be offered a three year contract when he turns 16 on the 24 August.

When he signs his contract the house that Rangers bought for the family will be transferred over to them!

Trust me mate this will end in tears ! To much to soon and proved nothing ! :sherlock:

When he signs his contract the house that Rangers bought for the family will be transferred over to them!

Trust me mate this will end in tears ! To much to soon and proved nothing ! :sherlock:

Well, he must have impressed in order to get a house!

Don't you think it's a bit strange allegedly giving the young guy a dream contract and a house but won't spend a few bob extra to sign Naismith, I smell sheeite ! :sherlock:

Don't you think it's a bit strange allegedly giving the young guy a dream contract and a house but won't spend a few bob extra to sign Naismith, I smell sheeite ! :sherlock:

Not really. Im sure the people that matter know a HELL of a lot more about the innards of professional football than we do. Given this, if they feel Fleck has much more potential than Naismith (which they seem to do), I'm happy with that in the knowledge that we have the player they seem to rate higher.

Not really. Im sure the people that matter know a HELL of a lot more about the innards of professional football than we do. Given this, if they feel Fleck has much more potential than Naismith (which they seem to do), I'm happy with that in the knowledge that we have the player they seem to rate higher.

Think it's just a move to make it look as if they are doin something for the future as they are doin heehaw about the present day problems. A smother, just another one to con us daft fans ? :sherlock:

John Fleck is'nt even 16 YET!... he was born on 24.8.1991 and the reason Rangers bought his Family a house, Was to make sure he did'nt sign for Man Utd last year.

I heard that Man Utd wanted 1st option on him as part of the loan deals to bring Lee Martin and Phil Bardsley here.