The Polish keeper.

Blackandra

5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I've seen him play once in the u20s against Falkirk and gifted them the winner - he's a good size and commanding but don't think he will ever be more than back up 

He certainly dropped that long range shot from Hippolyte but to be fair, big Gostek hadn't played much football since leaving Lech Poznan and he saved our arse several times in that game.Believe me Jim; Gostomski will push Wes all the way if he settles in to life in Scotland; and I have rated Foderingham ever since he arrived at Ibrox.

6 hours ago, Big Al II said:

He only signed so he can send family allowance back to his kids in Poland.

I believe it is @Ozblue who has seen a lot of him and Polish football, he rates him very highly.

I do indeed rate him very highly,Al. He invariably has a clanger at times but in the main he's a very good 'Keeper. I'm a Legia Warsaw fan and I watched Gostomski be MOTM against us TWICE; not forgetting this was the Legia who destroyed the Scum in both games of the CL qualifiers. I don't think there is much in it between Wes and Maciej to be honest.

46 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I do indeed rate him very highly,Al. He invariably has a clanger at times but in the main he's a very good 'Keeper. I'm a Legia Warsaw fan and I watched Gostomski be MOTM against us TWICE; not forgetting this was the Legia who destroyed the Scum in both games of the CL qualifiers. I don't think their is much in it between Wes and Maciej to be honest.

Cheers for the info mate ?

13 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

13 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

Happy to help,mate! He's a lot similar to Foderingham in many ways but where Wes has it over Maciej is in concentrating during periods of inactivity, so if he gets a contract for next season he will have to sharpen up that aspect of his game to challenge for the number 1 position, which in my mind he certainly has the ability to do if he can settle down to life in Glasgow. I was at a Wisla Krakow V Lech Pozan match in 2013 and Gostomski played a blinder ande there was one save in particular he had no right to make,but he did it,which left me shaking my head in disbelief.

Here's (hopefully) a few snippets of what the big fella is capable of.

https://youtu.be/l0Pkksm_UqU

I think he's been brought in primarily to push Foderingham and with a view to Bell leaving at the end of his contract or sooner. No reason for him to play currently as Foderingham has been pretty solid. Perhaps next season he could play in the League Cup or something, similar to what we have done previously. 

I think longer term Liam Kelly is viewed as a decent prospect hence why he is on loan to get experience.