1973 Scottish Cup Final

My first Cup Final, what an unforgettable day. 

Would it be fair to say that was the last truly colossal Old Firm game, with the last of the six-figure crowds? 

I don't think I ever experienced that particular atmosphere again, I know there have been big games since but nothing approaching that one. Crowds fell away in the late 70s and 80s then all seater stadia just changed it for ever.

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I take it you never watched the clip then? :lol::lol:

:lol: 

What the fuck did I watch ! ! 

It must have been one of the ones straight on after that clip , and then I took a brain freeze and forgot what I was originally watching. It was a silent , colour one at Hampden where Willie Johnston missed a sitter , it missed the goals but caught the celebrations. 

doh 

1973 my first cup final and my first old firm game  and I remember being at the pictures a wee while later and this was the newsreel they showed in between the two movies, you certainly found out who was who in that picture house that night,  the cheers told its own story 

Remember it well! Drove up from England overnight and after the game and a few refreshments slept in the car near ibrox overnight and drove back down the road the next morning! Seem to remember meeting a few Sunderland fans on one of our stops back down and they all seemed happy with our win! Great weekend! 

2 hours ago, gmcf said:

:lol: 

What the fuck did I watch ! ! 

It must have been one of the ones straight on after that clip , and then I took a brain freeze and forgot what I was originally watching. It was a silent , colour one at Hampden where Willie Johnston missed a sitter , it missed the goals but caught the celebrations. 

doh 

The Willie Johnston sitter was in the 1971 cup final. A mate of my old man's was at a house party that night and Willie Johnston and Colin Stein were there. The TV highlights were put on, and when that miss was shown,  Bud was thrown out the house :D

1 hour ago, harlands plater said:

The Willie Johnston sitter was in the 1971 cup final. A mate of my old man's was at a house party that night and Willie Johnston and Colin Stein were there. The TV highlights were put on, and when that miss was shown,  Bud was thrown out the house :D

I wouldn't have let him in after missing that :D