What do we actually KNOW of Cuellar?

Danny

All I know are the following facts:

• We played against him in the Uefa Cup - but I don't remember him at all
  • He's been regarded as the next big thing in Spain - yet has no caps for his country at 25
  • We've actually paid what Osasuna asked for - rather than losing out like we normally do
  • He is gonna cost £15,000 a week - which is a decent wage but nothing massive

The above has some mild conjecture on my part. To a degree.

Anyway, put simply I know less than hee haw about Cuellar. He's Spanish and a defender, and I didn't notice him when we played Osasuna.

So, without googling, can anyone tell me what they personally know of this guy? Had any of you heard of him before we played Osa? In fact, did any of you recall him from those games specifically?

This is not a thread for yer Wikipedia researchers; I mean fans who have watched him play and know him even slightly.

Tell me about him.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I never knew much about him before now. However, when we started getting linked to an Osasuna defender I immediately thought the boy who kept Boydy in his pocket for the full 90 minutes and it was him!

What i do remember about him in the games against us is that he f**kin strolled thru the game at Ibrox. Admittedly we were terrible but he was at least 2 yards quicker to everything than we were.

I also remember him getting too much space in our area at set pieces - again could be just down to how bad we were, but it may be doing him a dis-service.

If Walt has had him watched, and RFC have been prepared to spend £2M + to get him (not just linked) then thats good enough for me

His was a critical signing in my eyes, i think we really needed a CB. Anything else would be a bonus now - i think we could go to war with what we have now if we had to

Well, apart from Weir he is probably better than anything that we have at the moment, in the defensive postition.

He scored in the first minute against Bayer Leverkusen in the quarter finals of the UEFA cup the season just past.

Apart from that haven't got a bloody clue to be honest.

I had recorded the game on my PVR and decided to watch the home game against Osasuna again to see how he did.

Admittedly, I was having a few beers with a mate while watching it but generally he did very well. As we'll remember we didn't play well that night - only equalising out of the blue via a late Hemdani beauty - and in part that was due to the performance of Cuellar.

He didn't give Boyd a sniff and also dealt with with Prso when he came on in the 2nd half. Good on the ball and physically strong I was very impressed.

He didn't play in the 2nd leg as the Spanish coach rested some first choice players because they were so confident.

Well, apart from Weir he is probably better than anything that we have at the moment,

we paid 2million pound for someone that isnt better that a 36 year old defender we signed on a free?

please tell me your talking about expierience wise? :rolleyes:

Yes I was, with regards to experience and ability (reading the game etc) I wouldn't say he was better than Weir, I wouldn't say he is any worse either though.

We know that Rangers were the only club in for him

He had a release clause of £4 million, But Osasuna let him leave for £2.8million

He signed a 4 year deal with Rangers........ So he cant have any ambition to go to the Premiership and is here for the long haul whether he is a success or a failure

Has had at least 3 good games this season (We watched him against Bordeaux and in the 2 Rangers games) (Although wasnt really tested in either game against Rangers)

Well, apart from Weir he is probably better than anything that we have at the moment,

we paid 2million pound for someone that isnt better that a 36 year old defender we signed on a free?

Yes I was, with regards to experience and ability (reading the game etc) I wouldn't say he was better than Weir, I wouldn't say he is any worse either though.

Weir is under rated, especially when you consider how he has basically strolled through games for us at the age of 36!

Has had at least 3 good games this season (We watched him against Bordeaux and in the 2 Rangers games) (Although wasnt really tested in either game against Rangers)

He didn't play in the 2nd leg mate.

Weir is under rated, especially when you consider how he has basically strolled through games for us at the age of 36!

I agree mate, the stick that was given when WS signed him, and then towards the end of the season most of the fans were hoping he would sign on for longer. Hopefully end of this season he can be persuaded to join Rangers in some form of coaching capacity.

Me personally.....hee haw.

None of youz had ever heard of him tae until he wiz mentioned after the Rangers game

We will see :pipegreen:

None of us had really heard of Michael Mols, no-one had really heard of Henrik Larsson when he signed for Celtic etc etc.

I agree mate, the stick that was given when WS signed him, and then towards the end of the season most of the fans were hoping he would sign on for longer. Hopefully end of this season he can be persuaded to join Rangers in some form of coaching capacity.

I don't think that will happen.

His family are settled in Liverpool, it was a big ask of him to sign here for one more year as it is!