The days

The side I watched with my first proper season ticket. Absolute joy to watch. Took it for granted that this was the standard we would always be. Should have treasured it more, don't think we will see a team as good as that again at Ibrox.

Albertz was always the favourite for me, yet Mols, Gio and DeBoer were arguably better players. Quality in every position.

I could go on all day about some of the players that played for the little General.

Mols is the best striker I have seen in a Rangers jersey. Reyna was a brilliant midfielder as was Barry during his first spell. Numan was a truly world class left back and look at the career Gio went on to have. Its a pity the de Boers and Cannigga arrived so late in their careers as they were all fantastic footballers. Then we have der hammer, Amo, McCann, and Fernando.

We had some fantastic players in that era.

We had some fucking talent in our club back then! 

The best days of our life, how any of the diddy teams in Scotland managed to keep the score down is a mystery.

We dragged Scottish football, kicking and screaming, into a new era, with better players from the continent signing for Scottish teams, because of how we performed on the big stage. The players weren't quite good enough to play for Rangers, so they did the next thing, signed for a club who played against Rangers 4 times a season, and playing in front of 50 000, twice a year.

Great nights!!!

Hard to remember some of them though as we would arrive at the 'Brox around 5pm after a couple of hours (pints & chasers) in the bar on the boat, a few on the bus, over to the Neptune for a few more.....or if we weren't hungry down to The Kensington.

Sometimes having to phone work early next morning 'cos the boat hadn't sailed and we hadn't got home.....The sheer luxury of being stuck overnight in the Stranraer Terminal.....

AND ....we kept coming back......cos this is Rangers!!!

Those were the days!

Now....off the bus, catch the tube, down to City centre grab a meal ( maybe 2 pints) back to the ground watch the game back on the bus......

a wee bit older now.......

But....when Europe comes calling, It might just buck my ideas up!!!!!!

'Mon the Gers!!!

Never Forgive Never Forget