Another Year, Another Rangers Record?

Nope, Dumbarton are currently the only team that has done it. That will change on Tuesday when we beat them!

Premiership: 1890–91, 1891–92

1st: 1910–11, 1971–72

2nd: 1991–92

3rd: 2008–09

In a way, we can be proud of it because it shows that we went through a lot of trouble and managed to return to where we belong. Also, looking at Dumbartons wins they have got worse over their existence. In the 19th century they were a premiership team but over the course of the 20th century/early 21st they've dropped to the very bottom. Now, they are back in the 1st division so yeah they have improved in the last few years or so. With us we have been a premiership team all our existence and when we look back at it years from now it will be but a blip. See this image:

mTxqiOt.jpg

Some may not think of it something to be proud of because we could and really should been celebrating our 57th premiership title right now but we can't change what happened so we need to go after our 55th. This will be a fact mentioned during a game years from now "Did you know that Rangers & Dumbarton are the only two teams in Scotland to have won all 4 divisions in scottish football?". That's all it will be. These league wins will be recorded and marked against our list of honours but we only really count premiership titles.

58 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

After we win The Championship on Tuesday, we will have won all 4 division titles in Scotland.

What I'm wondering is, will we be the 1st, and only, team to win ALL 4 Division titles in Scotland?

Would it be a record to be proud of?

For me it's not so much the record of us winning the lower league championships that makes me proud, as I expect us to win whatever league we happen to be in, but what has made me proud is the way we as a support have been there backing our club over the troubled times in the last 4 years no matter what gets thrown at us, again it's something that was never in doubt but to see the Bears pack out every place we have been on our journey back to the top has been absolutely superb and my favourite memory of the last four years.  Still absolutely gutted we didn't finish the job yesterday but I guess it will be good to secure the title at Ibrox on tursday night. 

Our name is already  on all 4 league trophies. Due to the fact the championship trophy being the old 1st division trophy before the premier league came to being in the mid 70's. Dumbarton have never won the old premier league or premiership. There is no way any other team will have their name on all 4 trophies.

We should celebrate as if we'd won the CL.What happened to us was not the fault of the Fans or the players.

How many clubs could have continued after that clusterfuck?

I won't thank AMcCoist for his brand of football or that he financially 'milked' the Club but I will always be grateful to him for holding this great Club together.

So Bears celebrate,be proud,be very proud,WATP.