Ticket Collections v Dumbarton

Inigo

1 hour ago, andyhrfc said:

The Club should issues smartcards to all fans, when you buy a ticket for the first time you get a card and it is then activated every time you buy a ticket after that, farcical that 8500 are having to queue up for paper tickets.

Great idea, however I think there would possibly be some sort of administration cost involved towards managing any database plus the purchase would have to include some sort of downloadable transaction record that could be printed off and taken to the game to save any confusion during seat location.

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

They never used to give you two or more at one time always gave you one and a paper ticket they have changed this now.

Think you need to register in different names but not sure.

I got me and my boys cards no bother and its saved a load of time and hassle both waiting on tickets getting delivered and queing up on the day.

The pre season game vs Burnley was the only time they fucked up,mines activated online but his didnt so had to go to ticket office and missed the first 20 mins.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Think you need to register in different names but not sure.

I got me and my boys cards no bother and its saved a load of time and hassle both waiting on tickets getting delivered and queing up on the day.

The pre season game vs Burnley was the only time they fucked up,mines activated online but his didnt so had to go to ticket office and missed the first 20 mins.

I wasn't sure if I could've used the ST for burnley game so me n the 2 boys missed the KO by 10 minutes as we were waiting on tickets. The smart card is a good idea and would save the club loads on postage. All pre season games in future I will be in really early,hate missing the start  of games 

10 minutes ago, Fabric said:

I wasn't sure if I could've used the ST for burnley game so me n the 2 boys missed the KO by 10 minutes as we were waiting on tickets. The smart card is a good idea and would save the club loads on postage. All pre season games in future I will be in really early,hate missing the start  of games 

Be nice if the savings were passed on to fans tho.

You pay the same web sales fee whether you are uploading your smartcard or having tickets posted (i usually buy for my mates and their kids etc)

Last season i happily missed the start of games as it got me closer to the best part of the day,going for a couple of asda pizzas.

Not this season tho,tomorrow i will try get up well early to let my girlfriends wee boy savour every minute of his first game experience.

58 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

Great idea, however I think there would possibly be some sort of administration cost involved towards managing any database plus the purchase would have to include some sort of downloadable transaction record that could be printed off and taken to the game to save any confusion during seat location.

You can already print off a receipt /confirmation when you buy tickets from the site, give you all the info you need.

4 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Hopefully the extra tickets relate to the usual segregation seats being used up. Fucking joke there is that many seats left unused.

Don't think they do. The segregation has already been limited to less than normal. Some of the extra tickets from there went on sale a few days ago.

When sales went offline earlier today from t'interweb site, it was restricted view and club deck seats still available.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

You can already print off a receipt /confirmation when you buy tickets from the site, give you all the info you need.

Yes, this is true but the confirmation which contains financial details relates to the same seat for each payment as it's your season ticket seat but if your smart card is being used to purchase random seats throughout the stadium it could maybe cause some confusion if you don't have a hard copy of the seat you have been allocated.

It's bad enough with the existing system with stewards sending people into the wrong location blocking the view for others well after the game has started.    

21 minutes ago, allcinaye said:

Yes, this is true but the confirmation which contains financial details relates to the same seat for each payment as it's your season ticket seat but if your smart card is being used to purchase random seats throughout the stadium it could maybe cause some confusion if you don't have a hard copy of the seat you have been allocated.

It's bad enough with the existing system with stewards sending people into the wrong location blocking the view for others well after the game has started.    

Had smart card for some time pick seat on website pay club sends confirmation e-mail with  stand row and number  of seat also the turnstiles  to use it's  easy enough  to take note on slip of paper  if need be never  had a problem 

1 hour ago, my shepherds said:

Had smart card for some time pick seat on website pay club sends confirmation e-mail with  stand row and number  of seat also the turnstiles  to use it's  easy enough  to take note on slip of paper  if need be never  had a problem 

That's excellent, but it's the people that are not as sensible as you that I would be a wee bit concerned about.

Like your dogs by the way, I had one for twelve years, he was the biggest wain in the family

4 hours ago, 50ShadesofBlue said:

Can see kick off being delayed...

Was thinking this myself. Tickets probably not picked up yet by people who can't get here until on the day.

Then the fans that decide to go last minute looking for tickets. Midweek, it is last minute for a lot of fans.

Hopefully not too much of a delay if there is one?

22 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Wow.

Pretty speechless tbh.

You can't remember the nick of our performances last season?

I still went to every home game,i just didn't enjoy the half arsed efforts of our team.

Glad to say that the motto of "send them home happy" has been well enforced by the gaffer and team this season.

3 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

In which case these should be made mandatory for next season, will save the Club loads on postage.

For someone like myself who collects old tickets, I hope that will never happen 

10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You can't remember the nick of our performances last season?

I still went to every home game,i just didn't enjoy the half arsed efforts of our team.

Glad to say that the motto of "send them home happy" has been well enforced by the gaffer and team this season.

I wasn't happy walking to the car on Saturday, nor were many around me. I think it was because we had it then we didn't, Plus some wee fools walking by shouting we spoiled your party. As I've aged my self-control got better.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

I wasn't happy walking to the car on Saturday, nor were many around me. I think it was because we had it then we didn't, Plus some wee fools walking by shouting we spoiled your party. As I've aged my self-control got better.

Fair enough mate,i watched it online and we really should have seen it out.

After Fod's save i thought that was it and it would have been good for big Wes to be the hero on the day as his efforts are often overlooked.

It wasn't to be but we will have our party tomorrow hopefully.

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Fair enough mate,i watched it online and we really should have seen it out.

After Fod's save i thought that was it and it would have been good for big Wes to be the hero on the day as his efforts are often overlooked.

It wasn't to be but we will have our party tomorrow hopefully.

The crowd seemed nervous like we knew they would score again, we should have buried them with the chances we had, they have improved as a side since we last played them though but got a bit lucky.

May struggle to make the game tomorrow but still might hopefully.

The first goal was lucky but the other 2 i thought we could have prevented.

Too many times we try to play out of defence when clearing the lines would make more sense.

Hopefully you manage to make it tomorrow,we are due to give someone a hammering 

6 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

The Club should issues smartcards to all fans, when you buy a ticket for the first time you get a card and it is then activated every time you buy a ticket after that, farcical that 8500 are having to queue up for paper tickets.

The club used to hand out a ready card which was for the purpose you are moaning about . I'm surety can still get a card .