Rangers pub in Edinburgh for Sunday

5 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

The Northern Bar on George Street used to be a Bear friendly bar once upon a time.

Cheers mate. Will give that a look. 

I've been up there now and again recently and ended up in a pub near Union square shopping centre which happened to the same day the Aberdeen must've played away and as I was sitting with my GF enjoying a drink, loads of the fuckers came in off a bus.

Was brutal listening to them talk shite about their club shit little club. Couldn't cope with that again on Sunday! Hope to bump into some bears up there!

4 minutes ago, GaryMc said:

Cheers mate. Will give that a look. 

I've been up there now and again recently and ended up in a pub near Union square shopping centre which happened to the same day the Aberdeen must've played away and as I was sitting with my GF enjoying a drink, loads of the fuckers came in off a bus.

Was brutal listening to them talk shite about their club shit little club. Couldn't cope with that again on Sunday! Hope to bump into some bears up there!

I'm sure one of the RSCs used to leave from or meet in there. That was a couple of years ago, mind. You might want to double check.

Northern Bar is long past being a Rangers pub, OF games are a pretty mixed bunch between sheep and them. Unfortunately, Aberdeen is not a great place to watch Rangers games in pubs - having lived there for years I struggled to find any dedicated Rangers bar. Indeed, it was a struggle to find pubs which would show Rangers games in preference to simultaneous EPL games.

24 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Go to The Three Sisters in the Grassmarket area.

It's a decent enough bar, has a huge screen in the beer garden as well as numerous TVs inside and it's full of rugby-loving, football-hating students who won't bother you.

that's totally correct, always mobbed with your rugby and artisan types

11 hours ago, GaryMc said:

Any in Aberdeen? Unfortunately I'll be up there instead of in Glasgow.

Generally, most of the pubs on and around Belmont Street are ok. Ma Camerons is usually pretty mixed, but has quite a few TVs and a Projector.. Triple Kirks was ok, although they've done the place up recently and there aren't as many TVs.

Just stay away from Coopers Bar on John St. Fucking hell hole.

2 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Go to The Three Sisters in the Grassmarket area.

It's a decent enough bar, has a huge screen in the beer garden as well as numerous TVs inside and it's full of rugby-loving, football-hating students who won't bother you.

Avoid three sisters, has always been dogged with trouble.

3 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Avoid three sisters, has always been dogged with trouble.

The only trouble in The Three Sisters is when one of the rugby "lads", surrounded by other "lads" singing shite drinking songs, tans a pint in 13 seconds, then sits the empty glass upside down on his head.

Full of "lads" called Fraser, Euan and Alistair.

7 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

The only trouble in The Three Sisters is when one of the rugby "lads", surrounded by other "lads" singing shite drinking songs, tans a pint in 13 seconds, then sits the empty glass upside down on his head.

Full of "lads" called Fraser, Euan and Alistair.

Don't forget Gregor, who's filming the shenanigans on his phone 

10 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

It's decent during the festival to be honest

That is when it is at its worst. If I have tickets for a show there I would rather drink at somewhere nearby. There was a nice wee pop up place over the road from it last year called Slanjevar or something. Much much better than the idiots you get in 3. Terrible terrible pub. 

Stick with the Globe mate.  I've been in once or twice for a game and there's been at least a few bears in.  The three sisters is indeed a pile of steaming shite.  Full of wankers and ready to go home stag pricks on a Sunday.