Did Zenit Cheat ?

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

No. We lost to a better team who set out to attack and score. Close case.

Easy to do when you know the opposition have had to play as many games as Rangers had to prior to a Euro final. I doubt that any other league in the world would have done that when you consider how much publicity the league would have got from a Rangers victory. Tbh, I for one wouldn't be surprised if something went on behind the scenes, especially after the mind numbingly bad decision that was made by the Scottish football authorities that season.

We all know that Scottish football has been run for the benefit of one club in recent years, just look at the recent statement regarding call ups to the national squad by Strachan and you'll see that it is still going on. When we were demoted to the bottom of the leagues we all witnessed the out pouring of hate against us via a well organised campaign from within certain clubs and their support. Money was drained from the club and from the Old Co. by the football authorities which may or may not have been used to prop up a regime that had allegedly been trading while insolvent so why would it be so unpalatable to accept the possibility that funny business went on before Manchester?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

No. We lost to a better team who set out to attack and score. Close ne.

We played far too causious and were frightened to open up as they had the tools to rip a hole In us And they did. We should have started high tempo for the first 15min and tested their bottle but never.

22 hours ago, Follow Follow 1690 said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1066544/Russian-mafia-paid-Bayern-Munich-millions-throw-UEFA-Cup-semi-final-judge-claims.html

This is another article whicy would explain the weird 4-0 over bayern munich 

I genuinly beilive this has been swept under by UEFA 

PM me your name and addrees and I'll check out your family tree

RM

I was at the final in Manchester and my view is that our tactics contributed to our demise. It looked like our players were trying not to attack. We were hardly crossing the half way line much of the time. I would far rather the team had gone out and given it a go. They seemed to be trying to contain the Ruskies & hoping for penalties.

Whether there was any cheating to get to the final they won against us by playing football.

I much preferred my only other European final which I attended in Barcelona in 1972. Great day out (as was Manchester) and a superb result.