Brenda for england!

I know fine well what embarrassing means and it's embarrassing. Thanks for the lecture though.

Go read any thread the bears den about him he can do no wrong in most peoples eyes. 'If Warburton says this/does that then I trust him' has been the saying all season.

England Manager's job is a poisoned chalice.

No-one worth their salt would touch it!  Don't recall one single manager in the last 40yrs whose career has went upwards after being in the role, because of the crazy levels of expectation.  Everyone (possibly with the exceptions of Robson & Venables) has left as 'tainted-goods'. 

15 hours ago, wullyRFC said:

I know fine well what embarrassing means and it's embarrassing. Thanks for the lecture though.

Go read any thread the bears den about him he can do no wrong in most peoples eyes. 'If Warburton says this/does that then I trust him' has been the saying all season.

So people trusting Warburton's signings, after last season winning the league at a canter, the Petrofac and reaching the Scottish Cup final, is embarrassing?  Should we trust you instead?

1 hour ago, BF2 said:

So people trusting Warburton's signings, after last season winning the league at a canter, the Petrofac and reaching the Scottish Cup final, is embarrassing?  Should we trust you instead?

Sorry mate, but like it or not our league win was as much about Hibs capitulation as it was about Warburton's magic hat. In the end it may have seemed like a canter, but there was some squeaky bummage along the way when we started dropping points at home and Hibs closed the gap on us. Not quite as perfect as some like to remember.

12 minutes ago, FSM said:

Sorry mate, but like it or not our league win was as much about Hibs capitulation as it was about Warburton's magic hat. In the end it may have seemed like a canter, but there was some squeaky bummage along the way when we started dropping points at home and Hibs closed the gap on us. Not quite as perfect as some like to remember.

Again, I've never once seen or heard any bear say Warburton is perfect.  Are you saying Warburton is a bad manager?  He has brought a style of play that Rangers fans have wanted to see for years.  We did win the league at a canter.  Whether Hibs got close to us at some point or not, we won the league by 11 points. We didn't lose a home league game all season.  We also outplayed the so-called top SPL teams in the cup on route to the final.

I can't speak for everyone obviously, but I think last season was a success, and that was largely down the signings Warburton made in the space of only a few weeks.  Some people will never be happy unless we're out spending millions or have an under 23 years of age only signing policy.  Those people need to get with the times IMO.

21 minutes ago, BF2 said:

Again, I've never once seen or heard any bear say Warburton is perfect.  Are you saying Warburton is a bad manager?  He has brought a style of play that Rangers fans have wanted to see for years.  We did win the league at a canter.  Whether Hibs got close to us at some point or not, we won the league by 11 points. We didn't lose a home league game all season.  We also outplayed the so-called top SPL teams in the cup on route to the final.

I can't speak for everyone obviously, but I think last season was a success, and that was largely down the signings Warburton made in the space of only a few weeks.  Some people will never be happy unless we're out spending millions or have an under 23 years of age only signing policy.  Those people need to get with the times IMO.

Aye, but we also dropped points at home to teams that shouldn't even be fit to lace our boots. Nobody is saying he's a bad manager, and the style of play is generally great (albeit it a bit frustrating at times when we're chasing a goal but still trying to walk the ball into the net), but I think there's still a fair bit of cause for concern in certain areas i.e. Obvious problems being our defence and set-pieces, but also Warburton's reluctance to change his tactics to suit different opposition. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for now though.

12 minutes ago, FSM said:

Aye, but we also dropped points at home to teams that shouldn't even be fit to lace our boots. Nobody is saying he's a bad manager, and the style of play is generally great (albeit it a bit frustrating at times when we're chasing a goal but still trying to walk the ball into the net), but I think there's still a fair bit of cause for concern in certain areas i.e. Obvious problems being our defence and set-pieces, but also Warburton's reluctance to change his tactics to suit different opposition. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for now though.

We only dropped 4 points at home all season! :lol: Yes his style of play can be frustrating at times, but it's worked a lot more often than it hasn't, and it's much more preferable to McCoist's hit and hope 'tactics'.  Our defence was a big concern last season, but we've already signed 2 centre half's and have another training with us currently, so that surely suggests he's well aware of last season's defensive issues.

8 minutes ago, BF2 said:

We only dropped 4 points at home all season! :lol: 

I was sure we had lost more points at home, but just checked and you're right, my mistake. However, some of our home wins were much harder than they should have been (conceding too many goals against shite teams) and we dropped 20 points over the course of the season which was more than I thought we would (was sure we'd get to 100 points easy). Still, roll on next season...

1 minute ago, FSM said:

I was sure we had lost more points at home, but just checked and you're right, my mistake. However, some of our home wins were much harder than they should have been (conceding too many goals against shite teams) and we dropped 20 points over the course of the season which was more than I thought we would (was sure we'd get to 100 points easy). Still, roll on next season...

We hit the ground running last season, blowing teams away every week, which probably made the dips in form seem worse than they were.  I agree we did concede far too many cheap goals and the cup final definitely put a slight dampener on the season.

10 hours ago, BF2 said:

Learn to read posts  

28 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Learn to read posts  

I suggest you do the same. You're the one claiming everyone thinks Warburton is perfect.

28 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

He signed 3 defenders who can't defend and the 3 of them are still here. Mentioning the Petrofac cup and that final that he got away with because the pitch invasion in a debate however is embarrasing.

So reaching the Scottish Cup final whilst in the lower divisions isn't an achievement? Would you rather we hadn't won the Petrofac again?

2 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I suggest you do the same. You're the one claiming everyone thinks Warburton is perfect.

So reaching the Scottish Cup final whilst in the lower divisions isn't an achievement? Would you rather we hadn't won the Petrofac again?

No I suggest you go back and read the thread. Not at any point did I say that winning any of we did was embarrassing.

With the second highest budget we should be looking to be in every final. The way we lost it was embarrassing. Should Stubbs be in contention for the England job?

1 minute ago, wullyRFC said:

No I suggest you go back and read the thread. Not at any point did I say that winning any of we did was embarrassing.

I didn't accuse you of this. There's really no point in arguing with you if you're just going to make stuff up.

5 minutes ago, BF2 said:

I didn't accuse you of this. There's really no point in arguing with you if you're just going to make stuff up.

11 hours ago, BF2 said:

You're right it was his signings you mentioned not the trophies one. Either way no one said that.