It was 18 years ago today ...

that Maurice Johnston appeared like a ginger/peroxide apparition in the blue room :ohmy:.

So the question is what is your most vivid memory of that day? For me it's the big argument I had with the RC girlfriend I was dating at the time ... she said that it's about time we signed one of her co-religionists and I told her to mind her own business (needless to say the relationship was never quite the same after that :rolleyes:).

After the initial disbelief of signing someone who apparently hated us, a little bit of devilment in knowing that the scum were in utter turmoil and hating the idea far more than we were.

Remember being at work and two mates complete with RFC tops on, and black arm bands......( looking back you couldnae fault their sence of theatre..... ;) came up to tell me the " good " news.....fecken shocked doesnae come close to describing it......remember standing in the Rangers end at the tattiedome wondering how to react to what felt like an unreal situation.....he did stick it right up the mhanks on more than one occasion....but to this day still do not know what to make of what can only be described as a bizzare episode in our history.

on holiday, brother-in -law, up early to buy papers told me, that dog never ever forgave me for the horrendous boot up the arse it got, and nowlook at us, taigs runnin all over ibrox, no ibrox church parade, god how i wish we had a shitey season but 11 glesga prods running their guts out for us, och well, walter and ally might bring it back

on holiday, brother-in -law, up early to buy papers told me, that dog never ever forgave me for the horrendous boot up the arse it got, and nowlook at us, taigs runnin all over ibrox, no ibrox church parade, god how i wish we had a shitey season but 11 glesga prods running their guts out for us, och well, walter and ally might bring it back

doh

I was only 12 so can't really remember it too well.

No matter the lies and half-truths told about our inclusivity over the years the signing of Johnston certainly ruffled a few feathers at the time.

doh

doh

Aye, I remeber it alright! Was sitting at work battering away on the keyboard when I got a telephone call from my wee sister saying that it was on the news, MJ has signed for Rangers. Told her not to be so silly, or something like that, but she insisted it was true. Clocked out of work and went up to the bookies to check and fuck me it was true. Gutted.

Nothing but a knuckle dragger mate.

I remember being excited about it and watching some supporters on tele burning their scarves and wripping up their season tickets.

I was shouting at the tele to give them to me lol

Was only 3 at the time so cant say much about it really. But cant wait to see some of the opinions on it, certainly something that polarises opinions.

What would your reaction be today if an Ex-Celtic player signed for the club (religion did have a part with MJ but I doubt it would play a part this time round)? What if it was a straight transfer from one end of the city to the other.

They've signed a few former Rangers players in Pressley, Miller and Brown but what would your reaction be if it was one of their old players coming to us? (not sure who would fit into this categorie not many ex celtic players wed take nor want really).

Was only 3 at the time so cant say much about it really. But cant wait to see some of the opinions on it, certainly something that polarises opinions.

What would your reaction be today if an Ex-Celtic player signed for the club (religion did have a part with MJ but I doubt it would play a part this time round)? What if it was a straight transfer from one end of the city to the other.

They've signed a few former Rangers players in Pressley, Miller and Brown but what would your reaction be if it was one of their old players coming to us? (not sure who would fit into this categorie not many ex celtic players wed take nor want really).

I wouldn't mind an ex celtic player so long as he was good enough and would improve our team.

Again I wouldn't mind buying a player from Celtic, again if he was good enough and would improve our team. However I see that scenario very very far away in the distant future

If we signed a Tim anywhere near as pish as those three then I'd be furious.

Religion did play a large part in it then but it was also that he was well known to hate us that also added fuel to the fire. He was a real bigot in much the same style as Lennon.

If we signed a Tim anywhere near as pish as those three then I'd be furious.

Absolutely mate, I would be fuming too.

Not sure out of the tic mob who I would/would've taken.

If he was still young I would have taken Larrson. I'd even consider him now :D

Not sure who, if any, I would take from the current team. Maybe Brown but that is about it

I'd have Naylor and Nakamura in a minute.

Naylor, just because he's a good player. Naka...well we have no threat whatsoever from set pieces, so that's his job.

I think Boruc is wildly over-rated.