Targets for next season

Surely our target for this season is to win every game we play but whether we achieve this or not will depend on circumstances that are too early to call such as player injury, opposition strength and stupid refereeing decisions plus that old joker Lady Luck is certain to show her face a few times when least expected, however as the season progresses we will be in a better position to judge what the eventual outcome will be.

4 hours ago, 908 said:

40 points - survival. Achieve by Xmas.

60 points - top Six. Achieve by Easter.

80 points - European football. Achieve by end of April.

90 points - the Title. Achieve by end of May?

Now, realistically what does Mark Warburton have to achieve in 2016/17 to keep his job? Would 3rd place be enough?? Would 2nd place??

The ONLY target any rangers player/manager should have is to beat the tattie munchers 

That scum squad is bloated and stale, their captain is arrogant fuck face with no talent to back it up so if we apply the same attitude and energy like we did last year and try and get the defence tighter we should realistically be making the scum worry every week 

At the end of the day we have the better squad but they cunts have the experience in the top flight and tend to win most of the time so we need to start with a bang and put real pressure on them

I think our target for this season should realistically be to stay within touching distance with the dark side come April next year. If we are within 3-4 points at that stage (hopefully better), they will come under immense pressure from their fans to avoid their nightmare scenario, us winning the league on our first season back.  History shows that when they come under pressure, they are a team who doesn't welcome the chase.

I see no reason why we can't win the league, absolutely none. We've easily got the best squad and manager in Scotland by an absolute distance. The tims will obviously be the main challenge but a massive rebuilding job is needed over there and they've just spunked their load on an absolute failure of a manager. I'm even tempted to say not winning the league would be a complete and utter failure despite this being our first season back with the talent we have in the squad. 

It seems from this thread then, that if we're not in contention for the title then the gaffer will be under pressure. After today I'm not sure that's realistic. Any decent team could take a few goals off us, yet the consensus seems to be that there aren't any decent teams in the SPFL. However a few teams scored 3 against us in the championship. I just think we need to be a lot more defensive. Warburton is in for a culture shock if he thinks we'll accept 3rd place just cos we play good football, it seems. Yet at most clubs in England, even big ones like Spurs and Newcastle, it would be enough. But if you are going to win titles then you need that Plan B..

Guest Lloyd72
35 minutes ago, 908 said:

It seems from this thread then, that if we're not in contention for the title then the gaffer will be under pressure. After today I'm not sure that's realistic. Any decent team could take a few goals off us, yet the consensus seems to be that there aren't any decent teams in the SPFL. However a few teams scored 3 against us in the championship. I just think we need to be a lot more defensive. Warburton is in for a culture shock if he thinks we'll accept 3rd place just cos we play good football, it seems. Yet at most clubs in England, even big ones like Spurs and Newcastle, it would be enough. But if you are going to win titles then you need that Plan B..

What makes you think he'll accept third, he's said countless times that Second isn't good enough at Rangers.