Can we change this board?

papaguy51

Any chance of the hierarchy changing this board?

I get frustrated, as I'm sure many of you do, coming on here and seeing names that people want us to sign, but not that we are officially linked with. Could we not have a bit for players who we are officially linked with and actively pursuing, and one section for players who people know are available who they'd like the club to sign?

Would be much better IMO.

that sort of bugs me as well, you read a thread someone made about a player , but it turns out we arent even linked with them, its a suggestion.

dont get me wrong, i think its a great idea to throw in your own thoughts, christ i could write a book about people i think we should and could get.

I just finished posting my thoughts on another thread. I've copy pasted below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rangers Transfer Talk" is me favourite part of the whole forum when the transfer window is open and therefore the very first I visit. But it's annoying coming in seeing new names that I'd love to see sign only to find that a member is simply "recommending" to the forum.

You could still sub categorise two boards within the Rangers Transfer Talk to seperate both transfer targets and pure member speculation.

"Sourced" (meaning players that have been linked with us and posters have a source). Such as the papers, internet, teletext, sky sports news etc should be classed as real transfers speculation "Sourced". Such as:

• Steven Naismith
  • Lee McCulloch
  • DaMarcus Beasley
  • Carlos Cuellar
  • Andy Webster W
  • Scott McDonald
  • Petter Hansson
  • Lee Hendrie
  • Roy Carroll
  • Grzegorz Rasiak
  • Pizarro
  • Faubert
  • Koumas
  • Sidwell
  • Whittaker
  • and so on

"Unsourced" could be the rest such as:

• Romeo Castelen
  • Juan Arango
  • christian wilhelmsson
  • Bellamy
  • and so on

...are just members speculatative suggestions. I understand if this is only me that would like this, so I'll zip it. :rolleyes:

I get frustrated, as I'm sure many of you do, coming on here and seeing names that people want us to sign, but not that we are officially linked with. Could we not have a bit for players who we are officially linked with and actively pursuing, and one section for players who people know are available who they'd like the club to sign?

Appreciate the suggestion and it has been debated for some time - however it has also been deemed unnecessary by all the Staff as we already have complaints about too many sections on the go as it is.

What i will suggest by way of a compromise is that the poster of a Thread should use the "Sub-heading" part of the post to indicate whether his/her post is ....

1) *Officially Linked*

2) *Paper Talk*

or

3) *Poster Speculation/Suggestion*

Or words to that effect.

That would prove useful for the other members to decide if they want to participate in the thread or not.

What dyou think?

Appreciate the suggestion and it has been debated for some time - however it has also been deemed unnecessary by all the Staff as we already have complaints about too many sections on the go as it is.

What i will suggest by way of a compromise is that the poster of a Thread should use the "Sub-heading" part of the post to indicate whether his/her post is ....

1) *Officially Linked*

2) *Paper Talk*

or

Or words to that effect.

That would prove useful for the other members to decide if they want to participate in the thread or not.

What dyou think?

It's worth a go, would be a bit harder to implement though.

Is there not a section we could remove in place of either an 'officially linked' or 'poster suggestion' area?

1) *Officially Linked*

2) *Paper Talk*

or

Or words to that effect.

What dyou think?

Or *Sourced* and *Unsourced*. :craphead: I personally would prefer a sub-cat within the transfer section but the Sub-heading is a good compromise if members agreed.

1) *Officially Linked*

2) *Paper Talk*

or

Or words to that effect.

What dyou think?

It's worth a go, would be a bit harder to implement though.

Is there not a section we could remove in place of either an 'officially linked' or 'poster suggestion' area?

Have a look around...which section would you suggest?

1) *Officially Linked*

2) *Paper Talk*

or

Or words to that effect.

What dyou think?

Or *Sourced* and *Unsourced*. :craphead: I personally would prefer a sub-cat within the transfer section but the Sub-heading is a good compromise if members agreed.

*Sourced* & *Unsourced* would work also ..yes - i was merely giving a general idea, it would be upto you guys to implement

A problem is where would the subcategories stop?

There seems to be almost limitless motivations for transfer threads; member recommendations, unsourced press stories, sourced press stories, actual Rangers staff interviews confirming interest, etc etc etc.

It overcomplicates things to create a subforum because it still wouldn't cover everything and moving threads would still happen.

If you guys can be so good as to subtitle your threads explaining the origin, such as the categories detailed above and more, that would suffice for everyone I'd hope (tu)

I wish people would just stop with the 'suggestions'. It is so irritating, coming on here seeing a name and thinking 'cool, some transfer activity', only for the post to contain 'I think he would be a mega signing, would be cheap'.

That is Walter and Ally's job.

Some kind of seperation would certainly be welcome.

This section wouldn't be as active if we didn't suggest players of our own.

Fair enough, might as well fill it with loads of players we all fancy signing then... (tu):blink:

Is Eto'o available :)

This section wouldn't be as active if we didn't suggest players of our own.

Fair enough, might as well fill it with loads of players we all fancy signing then... (tu):blink:

Is Eto'o available :)

I'm not sure but one person I would like is Ronaldinho :lol:

1) *Officially Linked*

2) *Paper Talk*

or

Or words to that effect.

What dyou think?

That sounds OK to me. Especially, if it's your suggestion for a signing please put "My suggestion" or something like that in the sub-heading.

I wish people would just stop with the 'suggestions'. It is so irritating, coming on here seeing a name and thinking 'cool, some transfer activity', only for the post to contain 'I think he would be a mega signing, would be cheap'

While not wanting to spoil posters fun, I also agree with this. If we only spoke about players linked to us through the Papers, TV or Radio or any other media source I think that would be just fine. :rolleyes:

something has to be done, even if it's simply insisting on better titles.

im fed up of threads about players who are just people's opinions and it's just a name for the title.

there's loads of misleading threads - such as "Andy Todd signs" and "Lee signs" when andy todd has gone to derby and lee "may" sign within 48 hours

I have started to add subheadings to all the stories in here to help clear up fact from fiction. If posters from now on do the same when they first submit their initial post - it will make it easier on all of us (tu)