Starting team for Dundee away

Snakeater

I know it was only Peterhead and we can't get carried away but I think last night showed what a difference we are as a team when we have pace up front and move the ball quicker in the middle of the park. Niko was much better but I honestly feel still a wee bit behind in terms of legs and Dundee away will be fast paced match and would be inclined to start him on bench until games slows down in the 2nd half. Rossiter was excellent again and must start on Saturday.  I much prefer Harry playing midfield as gets in to box and supports strikers a lot and has great feet. My team would be:

Wes

Tav     Kiernan  Hill    Wallace

Rossiter  Barton  Forrester

O'Halloran  Dodoo  McKay

I thought Dodoo and O'Halloran played well last night and stretched teams. I'm convinced if both can get a run of games and build up a greater understanding we will score the amount of goals we should be for chances we create during a game.

3 points a must on Saturday....In Warbs we trust....

Same team as last night except Wallace and Fod back in. I'd be happy with that.

Maybe a bit harsh on McKay but if Forrester or O'Halloran is having an off day then personally I'd bring him on at half-time for either one. No messing about like waiting too late that cost us the win against Hamilton. That should be a key lesson learned.

37 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Same team as last night except Wallace and Fod back in. I'd be happy with that.

Maybe a bit harsh on McKay but if Forrester or O'Halloran is having an off day then personally I'd bring him on at half-time for either one. No messing about like waiting too late that cost us the win against Hamilton. That should be a key lesson learned.

Unless Kranjcar ups it significantly or Dundee go mental (they do frequently) and let him do whatever he wants, he'll be a man down against Dundee as he's nowhere near fit/sharpness and we need to be a lot sharper going forward.

I also think that unless Miller has been injured and I'm last to hear about it, he'll be back in the side. Dodoo showed he can offer us something different and there's potential there but against higher level opposition he'd have been snuffed like a candle in the wind. There are other options but we all have wonderful ideas and yet we know from experience that the manager has his plan so we can expect the two not to tie up.

Personally, I'd go for something like the following at present and try and play quick through balls for O'Halloran to run on to as he's a whippet and can beat a man. Think Rodney Wallace but without being offside every 2nd ball.

Foderingham

Tavernier, Kiernan, Hill, Wallace,

Halliday, Barton,

Rossiter 

Forrester, O'Halloran, McKay

1 minute ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Unless Kranjcar ups it significantly or Dundee go mental (they do frequently) and let him do whatever he wants, he'll be a man down against Dundee as he's nowhere near fit/sharpness and we need to be a lot sharper going forward.

I also think that unless Miller has been injured and I'm last to hear about it, he'll be back in the side. Dodoo showed he can offer us something different and there's potential there but against higher level opposition he'd have been snuffed like a candle in the wind. There are other options but we all have wonderful ideas and yet we know from experience that the manager has his plan so we can expect the two not to tie up.

Personally, I'd go for something like the following at present and try and play quick through balls for O'Halloran to run on to as he's a whippet and can beat a man.

Foderingham

Tavernier, Kiernan, Hill, Wallace,

Halliday, Barton,

Rossiter 

Forrester, O'Halloran, McKay

Hmm I know where you are coming from but Halliday is like a man down a lot of the times and if we are to be a man down (short term while Nico get's more games under his belt) I'd rather have the "man down" with bags more ability. Ideally Windass would be fit to give us that drive, though while Nico get's fitter.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Hmm I know where you are coming from but Halliday is like a man down a lot of the times and if we are to be a man down (short term while Nico get's more games under his belt) I'd rather have the "man down" with bags more ability. Ideally Windass would be fit to give us that drive, though while Nico get's fitter.

Nico looks at the level he's been at for 6 years, if we can get him looking like a 90 minute influence then we'll be pulling a rabbit out the hat. As it stands he did dick all against Hamilton and they are shite - he scored a great finish last night but it's a wonder strike unlikely to be a weekly event and his performance was against Peterhead....I just think he'd be better off the bench against tired legs/minds unless he can look look a top player for 60 minutes. 

Halliday wouldn't be in my starting 11 but I don't have Crooks, I don't have Miller or Waghorn fit/sharp, I don't have Windass (as far as I know); I figured that Halliday has looked like he could do the defensive/ball-winning/passing job and allow Rossiter (shot and good eye) to be more of a playmaker. 

Forresters shooting with his right foot last night was abysmal and yet he offers so much- I prefer him middle to right, if he goes to right wing he allows O'Halloran to go through the middle and I think Forrester can cut in onto his left foot better than most.

6 hours ago, Snakeater said:

I know it was only Peterhead and we can't get carried away but I think last night showed what a difference we are as a team when we have pace up front and move the ball quicker in the middle of the park. Niko was much better but I honestly feel still a wee bit behind in terms of legs and Dundee away will be fast paced match and would be inclined to start him on bench until games slows down in the 2nd half. Rossiter was excellent again and must start on Saturday.  I much prefer Harry playing midfield as gets in to box and supports strikers a lot and has great feet. My team would be:

Wes

Tav     Kiernan  Hill    Wallace

Rossiter  Barton  Forrester

O'Halloran  Dodoo  McKay

I thought Dodoo and O'Halloran played well last night and stretched teams. I'm convinced if both can get a run of games and build up a greater understanding we will score the amount of goals we should be for chances we create during a game.

3 points a must on Saturday....In Warbs we trust....

Thats exactly the team i'd go for.