English Football

Clemdog

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Good move for him I assume you mean?

For both. I think Lampard is a good young manager (better than Gerrard). Everton was the wrong fit for him.

Mason Mount has never been the same player since he left.

He was also willing to give Gilmour a chance, and he has fallen off the earth ever since.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

For both. I think Lampard is a good young manager (better than Gerrard). Everton was the wrong fit for him.

He was also willing to give Gilmour a chance, and he has fallen off the earth ever since.

He's my favourite ever non Rangers player so would like to see him do well but don't see how he deserves another job like this.

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

He's my favourite ever non Rangers player so would like to see him do well but don't see how he deserves another job like this.

It's an interim job as they look for a new manager. So he is showing great loyalty to his old club. If he does well in the last nine games, you never know.

12 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Honestly haven't seen anything that makes me think Lampard will be a good manager.

He left Chelsea in 9th after struggling to get anything out of his new signings (sound familiar..) and his replacement instantly made them far better and won the champions league with the same team. He was pretty terrible at Everton and already Dyche is doing a far better job and a 6th placed finish with Derby (the same position they got the previous season) is hardly a sensational result.

Tactically he just seems really weak. 

He failed at Chelsea last time after spending a tonne of money on new players and struggling to get anything out of them, so now he's been asked to improve them after spending a tonne of money on new players.

3 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Honestly haven't seen anything that makes me think Lampard will be a good manager.

He left Chelsea in 9th after struggling to get anything out of his new signings (sound familiar..) and his replacement instantly made them far better and won the champions league with the same team. He was pretty terrible at Everton and already Dyche is doing a far better job and a 6th placed finish with Derby (the same position they got the previous season) is hardly a sensational result.

Tactically he just seems really weak. 

He failed at Chelsea last time after spending a tonne of money on new players and struggling to get anything out of them, so now he's been asked to improve them after spending a tonne of money on new players.

Lampard coached Chelsea during their two-window transfer embargo. I would like to see Beale or any manager succeed in those circumstances. When lifted, he brought in players like Ziyech, Havertz & Chilwell and had the balls to play youngsters like Mount, James & Gilmour. Abramovich was always trigger-happy with coaches.

Dyche is doing a better job at Everton? They have won one in 5 and a point above relegation.

Granted, Lampard is still relatively unproven. I just think he has something about him.

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Lampard coached Chelsea during their two-window transfer embargo. I would like to see Beale or any manager succeed in those circumstances. When lifted, he brought in players like Ziyech, Havertz & Chilwell and had the balls to play youngsters like Mount, James & Gilmour. Abramovich was always trigger-happy with coaches.

Dyche is doing a better job at Everton? They have won one in 5 and a point above relegation.

Granted, Lampard is still relatively unproven. I just think he has something about him.

Chelsea's ban was one summer transfer window, they were able to sign players in January. It's massively exaggerated what impact that had. They also brought in Pulisic and Kovacic that summer window through loopholes for a combined £90m.

When lifted he brought in Havertz, Ziyech, Mendy, Chilwell, Werner, Silva and Sarr and managed to make the team significantly worse. 

He did do well with the youth which he deserves credit for.

Dyche has 12 points in 9 games, 8 of which were against teams in the top half, including Arsenal, Liverpool, Arsenal (again), Chelsea, Brentford and Tottenham.

In Lampards last 9 games he had 5 points, losing 6 of his last 7 and that was against mostly relegation-battling teams (Palace, Leicester, Bournemouth, Southampton, West Ham - losing against all of those 5).

I may be wrong, but from everything I've seen he's very much of the Ole mould where I can see him motivating people and talking about the Chelsea way, which can help in the short term, but I just struggle to see anything from him on the way he wants his teams to play or the tactical side.

1 hour ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Chelsea's ban was one summer transfer window, they were able to sign players in January. It's massively exaggerated what impact that had. They also brought in Pulisic and Kovacic that summer window through loopholes for a combined £90m.

When lifted he brought in Havertz, Ziyech, Mendy, Chilwell, Werner, Silva and Sarr and managed to make the team significantly worse. 

He did do well with the youth which he deserves credit for.

Dyche has 12 points in 9 games, 8 of which were against teams in the top half, including Arsenal, Liverpool, Arsenal (again), Chelsea, Brentford and Tottenham.

In Lampards last 9 games he had 5 points, losing 6 of his last 7 and that was against mostly relegation-battling teams (Palace, Leicester, Bournemouth, Southampton, West Ham - losing against all of those 5).

I may be wrong, but from everything I've seen he's very much of the Ole mould where I can see him motivating people and talking about the Chelsea way, which can help in the short term, but I just struggle to see anything from him on the way he wants his teams to play or the tactical side.

RM loves a Google search. :thumbup:

No matter how well he does in the remaining games, I'm pretty sure it will remain an interim decision.

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

The shirt pull?

The one Hojberg stood on the boys foot for a clear pen I think is at least a definite, even the chopped off goal for handball seemed like it was his chest aswell.