We need to sort this.

K.A.I

1 hour ago, craigrfcc said:

By the time Kiernan does step across it's too late. (Not a regular Kiernan basher but having watched this goal a few times, it's difficult to defend him)

Kiernan is actually keeping his positon, he moves across that's his position exposed and a gap made that would allow the ball to be crossed to Mcdonald who would use that space to turn and shoot. Rossiter is the who one should move across to support Tavernier. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MasterD said:

I don't think they interchange really which might be part of the problem. When Miller does his headless chicken act and runs deep or out wide none of the other 2 go into the middle. When we have the ball on the right about to be crossed McKay was staying out at the shy-line on the left rather than get in the box and the same with the other side.

It's more a 4-5-1 rather than a 4-3-3. I know people will say 4-5-1 turns into a 4-3-3 but when the 2 wide men don't do anything of a forward then it's not turning into a 4-3-3.

Miller playing is a big problem IMO.

The midfield 3 is the other problem because there's no offensive players being played, no-one that can drive at the opposition and cause real problems in that area and they don't support the wide men or forward or make late runs into the box. For whatever reason it's not been addressed despite being obvious that the players we keep picking is nowhere near a good balance.

The bottom part of your post is spot on and it's a big worry. MW spoke time and time again on post-match interviews about us needing to move the ball quicker last year but the following game would be slow and laboured again. Many including me are hoping that Holt & Windass make a big difference when they get back and in the team but Holt was there last year and we had a decent balance in midfield for the level we were at and we were still slow and garbage for months.

This is it in a very big nutshell mate.

12 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I think if we did this as a 4-3-3 training exercise it would help with synchronisation. It would help the team to get the feel of the 4-3-3 formation and where they need to be in positioned.

?

That should do the trick!

I'd have Barton in there all day long , he misplaced a few passes but he's definitely a player ,he was still getting about and getting stuck in. He'll come good. You know he's capable of pinging balls to feet all over the place it just didn't happen yesterday as much.

4 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Kiernan is actually keeping his positon, he moves across that's his position exposed and a gap made that would allow the ball to be crossed to Mcdonald who would use that space to turn and shoot. Rossiter is the who one should move across to support Tavernier. 

Potentially, but I reckon at that point it was too late, if Rossiter comes across it leaves Barton exposed. I reckon Kiernan should be attacking the man and allowing Rossiter to come across and cover. Either way, it shouldn't have resulted in a goal. 

5 minutes ago, craigrfcc said:

Potentially, but I reckon at that point it was too late, if Rossiter comes across it leaves Barton exposed. I reckon Kiernan should be attacking the man and allowing Rossiter to come across and cover. Either way, it shouldn't have resulted in a goal. 

All n all, the fault is with Tav who should be getting stuck into him and making the initial cross difficult. That flank is the area he should be taking care off, Kiernan on the other hand should be right where he is. In the box "marking" forwards. 

Again, Kiernan or Wilson coming out leaves open a gap that can't be filled efficiently. If they came out of their spot then they have failed in their defensive duty. Ultimately Wilson let McDonald go unmarked and didn't intercept the ball. The problem was and I'll admit this right now is the ball was onside (Happy @K.A.I) so Wilson let his guard down and stopped making it hard for McDonald. The ball came off Kiernan putting the ball in play and I think Tavs positioning would've made it on side as well.

The whole thing was shambolic, from Tav not dealing with the threat. To it coming of Kiernan then Wilson relaxing because he thought it was offside. Like Kai said, they should be playing to the whistle and not relying on what they think is offside. 

15 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

The whole thing was shambolic, from Tav not dealing with the threat. To it coming of Kiernan then Wilson relaxing because he thought it was offside. Like Kai said, they should be playing to the whistle and not relying on what they think is offside. 

I coached a team of under 15"s for a few years and I always told them to never stick yir hand up and claim offside as it's just pish. It's fucking horrendous that pros decide to try and influence a ref/linesman instead of concentrating 100 % on the task in front of them. 

It's amateurish to say the least and Wilson is the biggest offender. 

44 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It's fucking horrendous that pros decide to try and influence a ref/linesman instead of concentrating 100 % on the task in front of them. 

Case and point,

giphy.gif

the defenders completely ease up and stop doing their job. The fact that people can now rely on Defenders doing that shows that they're too reliant on the ref who may or may not be wrong.

23 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Case and point,

giphy.gif

the defenders completely ease up and stop doing their job. The fact that people can now rely on Defenders doing that shows that they're too reliant on the ref who may or may not be wrong.

Two things Robbo. 

You are the queen of gifs I'll give you that. 

And you only liked my post cos I said Wilson and not Kiernan :lol: