We need to sort this.

K.A.I

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Looked miles off at the game. Don't have the benefit of a replay mind you. 

I've read 4 match reports now across the internet and not one mention of it being offside. I'd like to see a clip of it.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Bollocks - rubbish - Usual moaning over the top reaction to a win! :pipe:

anyway Barton was class - improving with every game and was the key driver in the win and was the player who drove us forward to the win, was snapping into tackles and had great energy and desire. We need a real scorer as the chances our very creative midfield created - we need a scorer - I'll wait till I actually see garner before moaning that he will change nothing. I thought Halliday was our first halfs best player and was surprised he was subbed - put in a great shift. 

Keeper made two important saves. Just to add a negative Tav can't defend and I blame him for the goal 

Well fuck fuckity fuck, I actually agree with most of your post, apart from Barton, I thought he was pish, but hey ho baby steps and all that.

The op was spot on, kranjcar turned the game when he came on,direct and can make a forward pass if somebody actually moves, see that tippy tappy pish in the first half moving it from side to side with no end product teams  just sit back and wait for us to lose it, for me it was the wrong starting 11. Just a quick word about moh,that guy is a headless chicken everything is 100 miles an hour and he never knows where to run even at the 2 nd goal nico laid it on a plate for him and he fluffed it ,that's 7 months he's been here and he's no further to getting a starting place,complete waste of money 

11 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

The op was spot on, kranjcar turned the game when he came on,direct and can make a forward pass if somebody actually moves, see that tippy tappy pish in the first half moving it from side to side with no end product teams  just sit back and wait for us to lose it, for me it was the wrong starting 11. Just a quick word about moh,that guy is a headless chicken everything is 100 miles an hour and he never knows where to run even at the 2 nd goal nico laid it on a plate for him and he fluffed it ,that's 7 months he's been here and he's no further to getting a starting place,complete waste of money 

His chance right after our 2nd goal summed up the best and worst of him. Bursts clear with great pace then completely cocks up an easy finish.

Do you know something see even 4 months ago I would've been that guy that says ah gee it a rest we won etc etc but even I can see that is absolute gash. 

Were too laboured and I think were showing these teams to much respect. Were Rangers go out and do what we done to the tims and just about every team last season. Play like that and we will be there or there abouts but the fact there was 2 players playing today is worrying. 

We need to start being disrespectful and gel a bit quicker. If we can get to the tim game with 10 points then come out of there unbeaten its a case of regrouping and going again

We've won whilst playing badly. That's not a bad trait to have but I agree we need to improve- fast. 

As for the team selections, I think Warburton is finding the bigger squad a bit of a novelty. He is tinkering too much. He needs to sit down and work out what he thinks his best XI is, then start playing them every week. The squad will still be fully utilised. We've already had a few injuries and no doubt there'll be plenty more. He can't play every man in the squad every week.

Although I suppose he maybe hasn't a clue what his strongest XI is.

I think the team are coming to terms with the top league, it's a step up. I think MW is learning too, remember he's not the finished article by a long shot either.

IMO he's picked the wrong teams recently, MOH would be a starter in my team, I also think Dodoo is more direct.

It will take time to adjust, I thought Tav was immense in the second half. I was also left wondering how many crosses or cut backs or Garner would have made his.

Think we need to chill out a bit.

Glad we got the three points but more work need done on mastering 4-3-3.

The 3 inter-changable forwards do need to be addressed. 4-3-3 won't work if they don't get the balance right. Imho, they need to practise until they know what, when and how each other are going to react and know instantly how to respond. We have a small window of opportunity to master it but it will serve us well when we're back to competing in Europe.

56 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I really think Kenny Miller is the problem.

We have NOTHING up front, with him thinking he's Messi and trying to drop deep or wide. Why he's picking up the ball at the halfway line I don't know - totally ineffective. 

Dodoo might not be perfect, but the game changed with his introduction. Gave us a focal point, a striker who actually makes it into the box regularly and someone who runs the channels.

I know he scored the winner, but I'd drop him. 

Yes. Absolutely. 100%. Agreed.

Couple of points:

1.Dont think barton and rossiter should both start as they get in each others way as many people have already mentioned. Barton should be dropped for rossiter IMO.

2.  Dont like this interchangeable front 3 idea. We should have a main striker in the danger area at all times bcoz the amount of balls that go into the box with no one there are a waste

3. This one is just a personal view but i dont like 433 as I feel it makes the midfield weaker with less bodies there. I much prefer 442

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I really think Kenny Miller is the problem.

We have NOTHING up front, with him thinking he's Messi and trying to drop deep or wide. Why he's picking up the ball at the halfway line I don't know - totally ineffective. 

Dodoo might not be perfect, but the game changed with his introduction. Gave us a focal point, a striker who actually makes it into the box regularly and someone who runs the channels.

I know he scored the winner, but I'd drop him. 

Dodoo to me looked very good today when he came on should maybe have started.

I'd like to see this against Kilmarnock:

Kilmarnock.JPG

Barton or Rossiter at CDM.  Windass who can get forward and link up with the forwards.  Forrester has been great for us so far as a CAM.  MOH should get a start.  If McKay doesn't up his game soon then the manager needs to consider dropping him because he's a passenger right now.  Let's hope Garner is amazing.

21 minutes ago, gkb10127 said:

Couple of points:

1.Dont think barton and rossiter should both start as they get in each others way as many people have already mentioned. Barton should be dropped for rossiter IMO.

2.  Dont like this interchangeable front 3 idea. We should have a main striker in the danger area at all times bcoz the amount of balls that go into the box with no one there are a waste

3. This one is just a personal view but i dont like 433 as I feel it makes the midfield weaker with less bodies there. I much prefer 442

Agreed Barton and Rossiter do get in each others way but practise will sort it. The interchangeable front 3 will work if practised, but they all need to be at the same fitness and skill and know each others reactions/responses are.  Sadly Millers not got the pace he use to have and this formation needs everyone in their positions and doing their bit in synchronisation. I'm quite happy for the team to try and master 4-3-3 as they're still getting us the 3 points. I know it would serve us well in Europe and possible give us a chance at winning the cup. 

4 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Barton and Rossiter cant play together.

Barton, Rossiter and Halliday together is ridiculous.

the front three isn't working this season.

the 2 centre halves are fucking woeful.

(tu) 

Warburton needs to make up his mind out of the 3 in the middle of the park today which 2 starts for us. All far too similair in there.

Personally i would drop Halliday and put Forrester back there. 

Just now, weejoseph said:

(tu) 

Warburton needs to make up his mind out of the 3 in the middle of the park today which 2 starts for us. All far too similair in there.

Personally i would drop Halliday and put Forrester back there. 

Barton or Rossiter as CDM

Forrester/ Kranjcar or Mckay  as playmaker

Windass or Holt as the buzzbomb in midfield getting beyond striker.

Btw, at tougher venues i'd go for Rossiter and Barton/Crooks in front of back four but at Ibrox against the jobbers there's no need for both

My team for Killie would be 

Fod

Tav Kiernan Wilson/ Senderos Wallace

Barton

Rossiter Forrester

MoH Garner Windass/ Dodoo if Windass isn't fit. 

Mckay and Halliday need to know they aren't indespensible. As Mckay in particular has been awful.

MoH has been our best player and Forrester looks the part in the middle. Forrester will be an extremely important player over the season, he has a little bit of everything, not to mention how beautiful he is

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Btw, at tougher venues i'd go for Rossiter and Barton/Crooks in front of back four but at Ibrox against the jobbers there's no need for both

Agreed re the tougher venues and that extra bit of insurance in there. Even though, in my opinion, he's done nothing of note - I would choose Barton for it as that's when his experience if nothing else will come in handy.

11 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Barton CDM, Imho he's made for that position.

I think some of the problem we have is the zonal marking I dislike it because it gives the team no individual responsibility, It can make our team Vulnerable to the opponents and being outnumbered in their zones . They then get the jump on us for the goal

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Agreed re the tougher venues and that extra bit of insurance in there. Even though, in my opinion, he's done nothing of note - I would choose Barton for it as that's when his experience if nothing else will come in handy.

Wont disagree, mate.

I'd suspect Crooks would be ideal for Tynecastle as Hearts are a long ball team and He's fucking massive!

Totally agree, for me Mark Warburton is 100% responsible for how poor we are right now and some wont want to hear it, but Celtic will humiliate us next month if we dont sort ourselves. He's totally betraying his own system and everything we did well with his midfield selection - forget the defence, we all know those issues but its been an issue for a year, a year where we still wrapped up the Championship title and reached the Scottish Cup final with great performances en route. We're utter shite just now because Warburton has got it wrong in 3 out of 3 now. Going forward for me; 

- Halliday has to be a backup, the boys no where near good enough. 

- MW HAS to make an assessment and a choice between Rossiter or Barton, they cannot be in the same team. 

- I think we miss Holt, but for now Forrester has to be our advanced midfielder until Holt and Windass return. 

- Miller, for all he got us out of jail today probably still needs to be dropped. We could have been out of sight today, or at least would never have been in that desperate position we were in at the end  had we chosen the correct personnel for our system. Miller and Halliday out for me as a starting point, but in the back of my mind i think Kenny's 100th for us is destined to come at Parkhead. 

edit;  specifically  - Garner in for Miller today and it's game over within 40 minutes, Tavs deliveries outstanding again - and Millers anywhere between 12-20 yards away from goal. 

Lot of hopes being pinned on guys we've not even seen yet, like Garner.

Spoke to a Forest fan & a Preston fan yesterday, both of which Garner played for.

2 very different opinions, most of which I won't go into here, but both said he worked best with/needed someone alongside him.

Looking at the way the front 3 rotated today (Halliday at CF? Come on...) made me wonder just how Garner would fit in with that.

Just now, HG5 said:

Lot of hopes being pinned on guys we've not even seen yet, like Garner.

Spoke to a Forest fan & a Preston fan yesterday, both of which Garner played for.

2 very different opinions, most of which I won't go into here, but both said he worked best with/needed someone alongside him.

Looking at the way the front 3 rotated today (Halliday at CF? Come on...) made me wonder just how Garner would fit in with that.

If that's the case then Mark could be going for a plan B or at least a change of formation. 

Either way, I think he plans to have the wingers and midfield feed into Garner or something like that. But too have Garner rotate to the wings would be a really strange move. 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

If that's the case then Mark could be going for a plan B or at least a change of formation. 

Either way, I think he plans to have the wingers and midfield feed into Garner or something like that. But too have Garner rotate to the wings would be a really strange move. 

I guess we'll just have to see how it shakes down. ?