matt crooks

downviewbear

30 minutes ago, Liam_RFC said:

?? you serious he's been injured for the last 6 months that's him just getting back to fitness 

I mean I hope he's not going to be  one of those injury-prone players who spends more time on the treatment table than on the pitch. What seemed at first to be an innocuous injury back in March has led to him being out for six months and still a bit away from first team football.

I want to see him play and have a look at what he has to offer, it's frustrating when we're not firing on all cylinders and a player who could maybe give us something different is unavailable. 

He's probably going to be with the U20's most of the season. When Kranjcar and Barton's deals are up then that's when we'll start to see the likes of Crooks, Rossiter, Windass etc being the spine of our team.

Warburton is very meticulous in his planning. He's brought these young guys in for long term value. There's no need to rush Crooks back as we have midfield covered at the moment. 

He was in League Two's team of the season as well. I know it's not the toughest league out there but it's of a higher standard than our U20s. He's obviously a good talent, rated very highly, no-one comes back after 6 months out and plays a blinder

7 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

He's probably going to be with the U20's most of the season. When Kranjcar and Barton's deals are up then that's when we'll start to see the likes of Crooks, Rossiter, Windass etc being the spine of our team.

Warburton is very meticulous in his planning. He's brought these young guys in for long term value. There's no need to rush Crooks back as we have midfield covered at the moment. 

So you're writing Crooks off for the next two years?  Also, what do you mean "we have midfield covered at the moment"?  Did you even watch our first four league games?