Senderos

When PLG was failing.. Minty got Walter and PLG together in a restaurant in Edinburgh.  At that time -- we had clueless CBs.  Remember Karl Svenson?  Anyway Wattie told PLG (paraphrasing) to get someone that could in fact HEAD the ball! 

People will say what they want about Sir Walter.  But the first thing he did was focus on the defence.  Make ourselves hard to beat.  Sadly, MW has focused on a misfiring attack and nothing on the defensive aspect. I'm outraged at the overall performance today..but the season is young.  We will see IF MW has what it takes -- not just to be a Rangers manager -- but a Football manager.  Jury is well and truly out.

3 minutes ago, fuckthespl said:

I thought he looked decent up until the third goal where it looked like him and kiernan got mixed up and both ended up on the same guy leaving one of them unmarked to score the goal. Apart from that he was doing OK but then ran into one of them to get a needless booking and then eventually the second yellow.

That was Keirnans fault, he followed the ball when Senderos was already there & took his eyes off the man

29 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Cut the guy a bit of slack.  Manager should never thrown him in to the game today, shows how concerned he must be over our defensive issues.  Tall order IMO to ask the guy to play first game after long layoff in that game/ environment.  

Aye it's a tall order to ask someone not to intentionally and so profoundly fucking stupidly commit a handball when he's already on a yellow card. (tu)

I honestly thought he started off pretty decent, won a few headers and seemed pretty composed. 2nd goal was a fuck up, jumped in too quickly but Kiernan was probably more to blame on that one. But fuck me, what he did to get sent off is near unforgivable. Did he forget he had been booked or something 

I thought he was doing ok until his 2 stupid decisions resulting in a red card!  Kiernan on the other hand was embarrassing, he was nowhere near dembele for the 1st at the corner, he couldn't pass the ball 10 yards which resulted in the 2nd and he followed the ball and not his man for the 3rd, then to compound the misery I'm sure he was at it when he went off injured coz he was having a howler. 

Shambles of a signing, Pishy wee team like Anderlecht decided he was not good enough yet we pick him up? Just awful all round from King, Warburton/Weir & the scouts.  This CB mess should of been sorted long before we took him on loan. 

Sadly Warburton and Weir have little regard on the defensive side of the game which might be fine if your Real or Barca 

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Put straight into an old firm game and was completely unprepared and simply not ready physically.

amazed MW thought he should start but actually it's unreal that this wasn't the worst of WMs decisions today.

Senderos or hill......do u think it would of made a difference? 

9 minutes ago, Harry Rangers said:

Shambles of a signing, Pishy wee team like Anderlecht decided he was not good enough yet we pick him up?

Anderlecht would be challenging every year in this league. Lets face it, if we're not in Europe we don't attract anyone trying to boost themselves into the EPL. It's downhill all the way without cash.