Tavernier

siamthedanger

Bit of positivity for today (I know,  it's a hard thing to find) , really impresssed how he has stepped it up this season. Whatever he's been doing in training it's working and he seems so much better at tracking back and staying on his man.

Other than that Windass shows promise with his runs through midfield. Get the other bits to click(needs a massive click for CB pairing) and we will be ok. 

Any ideas how long Holt is out for? 

He's been excellent IMO. Defensively sound, strong, pacy, powerful and not afraid. He would get the ball in tight areas and rather than punt it up the park would trust his ability and run his man getting us valuable yards up the park. His crossing and shooting technique is an incredible asset too that we need to utilise more often than we do.

Also, and not wanting to get carried away, when you consider Walker at Spurs is generally a regular RB for England, I genuinely don't see a huge gulf in class between the two. Personally I don't think Walker is a great defender and IMO Tav can offer more going forward and from set plays. Of course Tav has never been tested defensively to the extent Walker has but as per the above post if Tav thinks he is almost a one man band in defence, and has ambitions and the belief of playing for England one day he may consider his future further down the line to push for an England place. IMO I think he has the potential to play for England...........

Other than one moment of deftness in the second half when he turned their player then played an odd pass out wide to Miller and gave the ball away.

on the whole he has been good this year, better than most expected I'd say. It's a pity the rest of the team haven't moved forward instead they seem to have regressed.

49 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Bit of positivity for today (I know,  it's a hard thing to find) , really impresssed how he has stepped it up this season. Whatever he's been doing in training it's working and he seems so much better at tracking back and staying on his man.

Other than that Windass shows promise with his runs through midfield. Get the other bits to click(needs a massive click for CB pairing) and we will be ok. 

Any ideas how long Holt is out for? 

He has looked better defensively but think we miss his creativity going forward. Doesn't get forward as much as he did last season in my opinion and we miss that. One of the few times he did get forward today he set up the goal with a great cross. Might be worth looking at him on the right of 4-4-2 or 3-5-2.