Kranjcar = Rothen = Capucho

stewaj3

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

You haven't answered my question, although to be fair I did make another point and you obviously focused more on that. I'll answer yours: I'm acknowledging that he struggled with the pace, and that he has done the whole season, but he was putting in effort. Can we adapt our play to suit him, bearing in mind that he is skillful on the ball etc. We only have to look at some of the goals he has scored, okay against inferior opponent, but there was a definite show of class in two of those goals in particular.

I feel like I answered your question before you even asked it tbh. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, King Jela said:

I feel like I answered your question before you even asked it tbh. 

You don't think we can? It's not like he has no talent, or hasn't shown any signs of being a great player. It would be an opportunity worth exploring  if we can adapt a midfield to play to his abilities. I think there are signs that he feels a weight of expectation on him when it comes to a match like that one and maybe he needs to compose himself a bit more. I'm not convinced he will fail here.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

You don't think we can? It's not like he has no talent, or hasn't shown any signs of being a great player. It would be an opportunity worth exploring  if we can adapt a midfield to play to his abilities. I think there are signs that he feels a weight of expectation on him when it comes to a match like that one and maybe he needs to compose himself a bit more. I'm not convinced he will fail here.

Well each to their own, I suppose 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Well each to their own, I suppose 

What am I meant to say to that? You are choosing to deny that this guy has very evident talent. His league cup goal may have been against a lower league team, but that was the goal of a very good player. His goal against Linfield was the same. So, we can overlook that? What would you do with him?

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

What am I meant to say to that? You are choosing to deny that this guy has very evident talent. His league cup goal may have been against a lower league team, but that was the goal of a very good player. His goal against Linfield was the same. So, we can overlook that? What would you do with him?

Tbh I was barely reading your posts and was just looking for a end to this. I started off with giving my opinion on him and we've never really went forward from there, as usual. 

I think he has a place as a squad player and as a role model to the younger players. 

I think he can come on the last 20/25 minutes of games, as we seen against Motherwell and Killie, and have a positive impact. When he is coming on teams are tiring and he has space to create and pick out passes.

The problem with Niko is his legs and mobility. So I still find it baffling as to why he started on Saturday in a game were physical attributes are more important than in any other game. 

Mind you Niko didn't pick himself...

He's already showed more than those two ever did. It was a gamble by Warbs that didn't pay off. Niko has the quality if he gets a free role off the striker but we asked him to work hard and shut them down. That's not his game. I think he'll be used more from the bench but he's capable of the sublime. He'll create chances and score goals but he's a luxury player and with our midfield i dont think we can afford to start him unless we have energy around him. Something like this below....

Windass Holt 

Forrester    Niko    McKay

Garner