Wingers

Gandhi1872

Please don't let us go back to playing two fullbacks in tandem on the one side.  Had enough of that with Walter and Ally.  If Tavernier's play is causing an issue defensively, the manager should be telling him to sit back and concentrate on defending first and foremost.  If he still cannot cut it, replace him with Hodson.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we would all like to see us start winning games again but a change in formation is very unlikely the players that are in the starting 11 and that come off the bench will just need to work harder than they have been doing so far. how many fucking games is that now this season where in the aftermath of a game we have played have we all said maybe two or three players had got pass marks for their performance ? far too many passengers in far too many games thus far. it's time they realised how lucky they are to be playing for a team like the rangers got their heads up and worked like fuck to be a success instead of feeling sorry for themselves I know we are not creating a lot and the defence is making mistakes but for fuck sake if they want to turn this around they as a collective will all need to work a dam site harder than they are doing at this moment in time. 

31 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

we would all like to see us start winning games again but a change in formation is very unlikely the players that are in the starting 11 and that come off the bench will just need to work harder than they have been doing so far. how many fucking games is that now this season where in the aftermath of a game we have played have we all said maybe two or three players had got pass marks for their performance ? far too many passengers in far too many games thus far. it's time they realised how lucky they are to be playing for a team like the rangers got their heads up and worked like fuck to be a success instead of feeling sorry for themselves I know we are not creating a lot and the defence is making mistakes but for fuck sake if they want to turn this around they as a collective will all need to work a dam site harder than they are doing at this moment in time. 

TBH, it's not the working harder that's the problem. It's the fucking system that isn't working. There is absolutely nothing smart as in moves, nor exciting  in how we play. It is all so predictable and becoming worse than watching fucking paint dry. From what I am looking at, the players have no faith in it and can't do it. I think mentally they are fucked before they even get on the park. As you say, every week you would be lucky to give two or three players pass marks. Now that speaks volumes, as it's no coincidence that so many players have off days in one game far less every week. It's the system that's fucked, the players can't do it and just don't want it and it shows.

Warburton needs to set up to the players strengths, not some fucking ideal from a book. He won't change it and if we drop points to Thistle, he can go fuck himself with his idealist book.

I too advocated for Waghorn playing wide right and Mckay sticking to left mid, but changed my opinion over the last games.

Mckay needs a break from the first 11 and I'd love to see Waghorn and Garner up top together in a new formation.

With Mckay's ability the number 10 role would possibly suit him and the team better, should be able to draw fouls in more dangerous areas of the park. 

Our set up doesn't promote natural wingers in all honesty, the emphasis on keeping the ball also discourages beating a man and whipping a ball into the danger area.

I actually think wingers aren't that important in our current set up, both if we need to pick one for either side I'd go with Windass and Forrester probably or an on form McKay

I also agree with to regards mw sticking to the one system but I also think the players could be working harder than they are. that's a few games now where we don't track back or try hard to press the ball and win the ball back off the opposition when we lose it and that is players just being lazy. but as you say maybe they just don't like what they are being asked to do can't remember the last time  I saw the players on the park with a smile on their face and we are a shadow of the team we were last year in the early part.it's not as if this is the first time we have played spl opposition look how we dispatched both dundee and killie  in the cup then the scum albeit on penalties.