*** RAFFLE PRIZES WANTED

govanblue

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks to @fermblue who has donated a Super Prize which literally had me drooling...

Sunday Carvery at the Argyle Restaurant for 2 people

A family favourite, Ibrox Sunday Lunch is a great afternoon out. Choose from a choice of plated starters, before indulging in the carvery buffet, where a selection of succulent roast joints and delicious main courses are available. If you still have room for more, the dessert table offers a great selection of desserts to suit all tastes. Superb value at just £15.95 per person

Tasty prize, eh?  How could you top that?

Well, just after that, The Rangers Charity Foundation emailed me with a donation of a couple of Stadium Tours. :21:

A quick bit of mental arithmetic and hey presto a new bumper prize.

Ibrox Stadium Tour & Argyle Restaurant Sunday Carvery for 2

SNF3108A_280_427890a.jpg

Whoever wins them, if you don't have a girlfriend, I have a wig. :P

And here comes yet another Great Prize that any Bear would bite your hand off for...

Many thanks to @Crispy Bear for his donation:

It's a complicated one, so Bear with me...

@Crispy Bear recently bought himself a nice print from this site here...

http://www.blueroomart.co.uk/products?page=1

and don't forget page two...

http://www.blueroomart.co.uk/products?page=2

alex-macdonald-rangers.jpg?auto=format&f Mark-warburton-rangers-magic-hat.jpg?aut

gazza-8-flute-rangers.jpg?auto=format&fiandy-halliday-rangers.jpg?auto=format&fi

Walter-Smith-Rangers.jpg?auto=format&fitGraeme-Souness-rangers.jpg?auto=format&f

Something for everyone there, I'm sure you'll agree. (tu) 

And many many more on the site.

Anyway, @Crispy Bear has just had so much pleasure from his own print, that he wants some other Bear to have that pleasure too!   If you don't know that feeling, It feels something like this...

bluebear_zpsnjjszd4d.gif

So he has offered to buy you the Print of your choice. :thumbup:

Cool, eh?

I've cut him down significantly from his original offer! :P  so the deal now is that the winner can pick anything at all from the site's  standard size (20" x 16") product range, except the £45 Barcelona one, and the £90 Barcelona 3 Set - that would be just taking the piss!

So that's up to £37 for the print of your choice (standard size), plus the UK Shipping costs paid too.

If you win, and you wanted to upgrade to the larger size (30" x 20"), you could do that, you'd just need to pay the price difference (£20)

And if you wanted it shipped overseas, again just pay the difference. (tu)

( btw - neither @Crispy Bear nor @govanblue have any knowing connection with that site or its owners. Cool pics though, eh? )

2 hours ago, govanblue said:

If you want me to be specific, then the answer is: not yet. :P

Now that I think about it, I guess we could do a soft launch pretty soon, for all the Usual Suspects. (tu)

@Perth_Campsie_Ger has already given me the cash for his tickets. (tu)

Must be the first time iv been in credit with you:D

58 minutes ago, bluegecko said:

A little bit different and probably not for all, but I can offer a £50 voucher for rock n roll tattoos in Watson Street Glasgow.  If it's of any use you're more than welcome to it. 

FB_IMG_1481006786515.jpg

Absolutely! :thumbup:

10 hours ago, govanblue said:

If you want me to be specific, then the answer is: not yet. :P

Now that I think about it, I guess we could do a soft launch pretty soon, for all the Usual Suspects. (tu)

@Perth_Campsie_Ger has already given me the cash for his tickets. (tu)

Let me know when tickets are available

Many thanks to our Good Friends, Rangers FC Ticket Office who have happily agreed to upgrade two of our Child Seats for the Hogmanay game to Adult Seats free of cost. :21::21::21:

The cash value of those upgrades is about £50 - £60, but the value to us is even more, as it gives us a much more attractive ticket proposition for our raffle. :21:

Which leads on to the next big announcement...

So to really do this raffle justice, we will need to spend several weeks relentlessly flogging tickets here, there and everywhere.

Which means that it's unrealistic to schedule the Draw for before New Year.

But what about the Match tickets for Hogmanay? I hear you scream. :P

Don't worry, there's an elegant solution.

We will take the Match tickets out of the Raffle, and instead we will raffle them in a separate bonusball raffle.  Here's how it will work.

Entry price: £7 per ticket

Only 59 tickets can be sold.

Expected revenue: £483

Each £7 ticket will gain you one entry into 4 separate ticket raffles as follows:

Raffle 1: 2 Adult tickets,  Rangers v smellies, Hogmanay 

Raffle 2: 1 Adult ticket,  Rangers v smellies, Hogmanay

Raffle 3: 1 Adult ticket,  Rangers v smellies, Hogmanay

Raffle 4: 2 Adult Tickets, Rangers Legends v England Select (Fleetwood, 25/03/17)

The 4 raffles will be drawn simultaneously, and will all be decided by the National Lottery Bonus Ball

For each ticket, for each raffle, you will be allocated a random number between 1 and 59 (each ticket will have a different random number in each of the 4 raffles.)

We will publish all those number allocations before the draw.

The draw will be the bonus ball from the National Lottery.  

(In the unlikely event that someone who has bought more than one ticket wins more than 1 of the prizes, the winner will only win one prize (the one of their choice).  the remaining prize will then be awarded to the member who has the raffle number which is 1 below the actual bonus ball number.)

Does that make sense?

Is £7 a ticket too cheap? :P

8 minutes ago, govanblue said:

So to really do this raffle justice, we will need to spend several weeks relentlessly flogging tickets here, there and everywhere.

Which means that it's unrealistic to schedule the Draw for before New Year.

But what about the Match tickets for Hogmanay? I hear you scream. :P

Don't worry, there's an elegant solution.

We will take the Match tickets out of the Raffle, and instead we will raffle them in a separate bonusball raffle.  Here's how it will work.

Entry price: £7 per ticket

Only 59 tickets can be sold.

Expected revenue: £483

Each £7 ticket will gain you one entry into 4 separate ticket raffles as follows:

Raffle 1: 2 Adult tickets,  Rangers v smellies, Hogmanay 

Raffle 2: 1 Adult ticket,  Rangers v smellies, Hogmanay

Raffle 3: 1 Adult ticket,  Rangers v smellies, Hogmanay

Raffle 4: 2 Adult Tickets, Rangers Legends v England Select (Fleetwood, 25/03/17)

The 4 raffles will be drawn simultaneously, and will all be decided by the National Lottery Bonus Ball

For each ticket, for each raffle, you will be allocated a random number between 1 and 59 (each ticket will have a different random number in each of the 4 raffles.)

We will publish all those number allocations before the draw.

The draw will be the bonus ball from the National Lottery.  

(In the unlikely event that someone who has bought more than one ticket wins more than 1 of the prizes, the winner will only win one prize (the one of their choice).  the remaining prize will then be awarded to the member who has the raffle number which is 1 below the actual bonus ball number.)

Does that make sense?

Is £7 a ticket too cheap? :P

Tenner a ticket, everyone should remember what it's for and if they would pay 7 what's the price of a pint

11 hours ago, bluegecko said:

A little bit different and probably not for all, but I can offer a £50 voucher for rock n roll tattoos in Watson Street Glasgow.  If it's of any use you're more than welcome to it. 

FB_IMG_1481006786515.jpg

I think that's a fantastic prize!  I'm not a tattoo man myself, but virtually everyone else alive is!  So who wouldn't want that?

I think that would also work well if combined with the Free Cut & Style at Studio83 Barbers, donated by @Glasgowrangersafc   

That would be an even cooler prize! :thumbup:

47 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Tenner a ticket, everyone should remember what it's for and if they would pay 7 what's the price of a pint

I dunno.  A tenner seems a bit steep.  They're not cup tickets after all.

It was originally going to be a fiver, then six, then seven.

We don't want to drain our Members in advance of the BIG Raffle, do we? :P

11 minutes ago, govanblue said:

I dunno.  A tenner seems a bit steep.  They're not cup tickets after all.

It was originally going to be a fiver, then six, then seven.

We don''t want to drain our Members in advance of the BIG Raffle, do we? :P

Have a poll? What's £3 when you know what the money is being used for?