*** RAFFLE PRIZES WANTED

govanblue

On 10/12/2016 at 0:27 AM, LochendBilly said:

I have to say, when RM decides to do something, it does it big time. GB you are a credit mate and also a nice guy:541:

Other sites, pages etc. haven't shown as much interest sadly but the members on here are in a league of their own and the determination of some is truly inspirational. Well done!

I think that is absolutely correct. 

9 hours ago, bluepeter said:

RM appreciates your comments, but this is all govanblue. We bask in the glow of his work, and often cause him logistical problems (one we're trying to resolve just now). The work and time he has put in, and the money he has raised for good causes, is absolutely phenomenal. We're privileged he's done it on here and we get to be associated with it (tu) 

I think it's a bit more complicated than just "good old govanblue" ;)

Sure, my efforts have been pretty impressive, and certainly tireless. :P 

But the only reason I can even consider launching all these schemes, one after the other, is because I know that there are so many Members out there who are not only happy to support our efforts, but are determined to support them. :21:

You might not find all these Members constantly slugging it out in the "Same old argument, same old posters" threads. (unless there are grammar issues that need addressing. :P ) but the various lists in my various Fund Threads show that they are most definitely there, most definitely making contributions, and most definitely making an impact. :clap:

And RangersMedia deserves more credit than bluepeter says too.

Before I came along, RM had their very own PayPal donate mechanism, where anything you donated went straight to them.  As I understand it, most of it went on hookers and cocaine, and whatever was left they would maybe donate to Charities. :P

But since I "borrowed" their PayPal account 4 years ago, and never gave it back, they have effectively been completely deprived of hookers and coke.

Imagine what 4 years without hookers and coke would do to you!!!

Although admittedly, I don't actually know that much about the world beyond RM, I still can't think of many fans' forums who I think would be so happy to completely hand over their main income stream like that, not to mention to take on the amount of admin and other hassles associated with the massive increase in PayPal activity which resulted. 

So really, there are three key elements, all of which are equally essential. :D

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, bluepeter said:

I'm willing to donate, but I know you don't want cash donations. Any thoughts?

That's right. Since we already have a half-decent list of prizes, we only want people to now donate something that they already have, or can get access to for a very cheap price.  We don't want anyone to go out and buy anything at retail cost, because the money would be better served going straight to the Joshua Fund rather than some random retailer.

So quite simply, if you don't have anything you can think of donating as a prize, then just buy more raffle tickets instead.

Raffle tickets will be £10 each and anyone can buy as many as they want. (tu)

I think I'd better go start a Raffle Ticket Reservation Thread right now. (tu)

Good to have a new thread that allows us to go and express our interest and therefore our support for the BIG Raffle. 

Well done to those who have already posted a request for tickets. RM Members are Simply the Best in my opinion :21:

So now that the Hogmanay Match Ticket Raffle is done and dusted, we can turn our attention back to The BIG Raffle. (tu)

We're still looking for prizes, so if you have anytthing at all that you think we could use, please let me know.

The bigger the prize list, the more tickets we'll sell. (tu)

Here's a reminder of what we've got so far.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/301888-raffle-prizes-wanted/&do=findComment&comment=1063636154

They're listed in the order they were donated in.  I'll eventually sort them out into a more logical list.

Blue means I have the prize safely in my possession. (tu)

Bump.

Still looking for prize donations. :D

If you don't have a prize to donate (or have already donated it) - then why not pop along to the Raffle Tickets thread, and get your name on the waiting list for the Raffle Ticket Sale...

28 minutes ago, Samuel no 1 said:

William Hill Man of the Match champagne awarded to Martyn Waghorn ( hat - trick v Cowdenbeath , 5-1 Scottish Cup 10/1/16. ) 

Signed and dated by Waggy.

Ooh Yes please mate - that ticks just about every box! :D

I'm assuming you haven't drunk it? :P

Are you able to meet me at Ibrox before Kick Off on Christmas Eve?

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:28 PM, govanblue said:

So now that the Hogmanay Match Ticket Raffle is done and dusted, we can turn our attention back to The BIG Raffle. (tu)

We're still looking for prizes, so if you have anytthing at all that you think we could use, please let me know.

The bigger the prize list, the more tickets we'll sell. (tu)

Here's a reminder of what we've got so far.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/301888-raffle-prizes-wanted/&do=findComment&comment=1063636154

They're listed in the order they were donated in.  I'll eventually sort them out into a more logical list.

Blue means I have the prize safely in my possession. (tu)

G.B Will you need to know how many tickets each person wants or will it be the amount you donate ?

1 minute ago, Budswiser said:

G.B Will you need to know how many tickets each person wants or will it be the amount you donate ?

No, I don't really need to know in advance.  As long as everyone follows the correct payment instructions.

You'll just make your donation (in multiples of £10), then PM me.  You can tell me in the PM how much you donated (best idea), or I can see it myself when I see your donation on the gofundme page donations. (tu)

2 minutes ago, govanblue said:

No, I don't really need to know in advance.  As long as everyone follows the correct payment instructions.

You'll just make your donation (in multiples of £10), then PM me.  You can tell me in the PM how much you donated (best idea), or I can see it myself when I see your donation on the gofundme page donations. (tu)

Cheers mate, wasn,t sure how to go about getting the tickets, a bit thick sometimes.<cr> I,ll watch out for the date.

15 minutes ago, govanblue said:

We're still  looking for prizes for the Raffle, so if you have anything you think might do, please let us know.

That Signed MOTM Champagne from Waggy moved up the pecking order a few places last night. :D

Any good mate? Brand new size 11

IMG_20161217_142002.jpg

4 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Any good mate? Brand new size 11

IMG_20161217_142002.jpg

It's not like me to say no. :P  but I think with them being a specific size, they're only suitable for a small proportion of entrants.

But you could always flog them on here for a tenner, and I'll meet the buyer at the Statue. ;)