Mark Warburtons AGM Speech

RFCRobertson

Just now, tannerall said:

We're back in the top tier, four years after we were thrown to the lower depths of Scottish football, with assets stripped, with dubious new owners and and other charlatans feeding off us, We were very vulneravble at that time, we had many influential enemies. We could have been destroyed, And our history too was under threat. 

Even just two years ago we were facing football ghostland in the first division with no wait out under inept management and board.

At both those points many of our fans probably took a reality checked and despaired.

Now look where we are. Top leahue status, full stadiums, manager who I still have faith in, prrofesional set-up and high ambitions.

It's been a roller coaster, but we are steadily moving forward, the only way from now is up, but we may need to be a wee bit patient, and loyal to the team and club. 

There's a lot more to be positive than negative about,..........

A lot of that I don't actually disagree with but I take slight offence to it being said in relation to now as we will never progress doing that.

By that logic could finish 8th and it's OK because it's our first season back and we are better off than last year in the second tier.

Nupe. Not for me, sorry.

We deserve a lot better. 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Lidl said:

Do you reckon that you're a better judge of player than the Rangers manager then? :rolleyes:

Most posters will think so as he's bought some fucking shite, your polishing it but its still shite . He's a poor manager out of his depth buying players who are struggling to perform even at this poor level.

3 minutes ago, Lidl said:

Do you reckon that you're a better judge of player than the Rangers manager then? :rolleyes:

Apart from Nico and maybe Hill I wouldn't have signed the players we did. 

That's not with the benefit of hindsight, either.

and besides your question is redundant - I (or any other Rangers supporter) is not the Rangers manager who get's paid 12 thousand pounds a week to sign players as part of his job, appoint scouts and act on any scouts reports.

If I was the Rangers manager and I signed a load of shite then yeah, hold me to account and say I'm a better judge of player. 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Most posters will think so as he's bought some fucking shite, your polishing it but its still shite .

These posters are sitting posting garbage on an Internet forum while he's addressing shareholders as the manager of Rangers. I would value his opinion a great deal more than theirs. 

Just now, Lidl said:

These posters are sitting posting garbage on an Internet forum while he's addressing shareholders as the manager of Rangers. I would value his opinion a great deal more than theirs. 

he's bought some embarrassing shite to be honest i wouldn't trust him with anymore money.

2 minutes ago, Lidl said:

Mate you are called Lidl on an internet forum with a picture of the Lidl badge and tried to say earlier we did well to get rid of Law, Shiels and Templeton when all that happened was that their contracts expired.

Forgive me if I don't really take your opinion seriously, either. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Mate you are called Lidl on an internet forum with a picture of the Lidl badge and tried to say earlier we did well to get rid of Law, Shiels and Templeton when all that happened was that their contracts expired.

Forgive me if I don't really respect your opinion, either. 

I didn't say we done well to get rid, I said we replaced them with better players. Keep up mate. :wink:

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

he's bought some embarrassing shite to be honest i wouldn't trust him with anymore money.

That so called embarrassing shite play for Rangers. Have a bit of respect. Youre talking like a right fenian cunt. 

I didn't say we done well to get rid, I said we replaced them with better players. Keep up mate. :wink:

I'm upto date. I just can't get my head around any of your points - when someone responds it's a daft snipe about knowing better than the Rangers manager or valuing his opinion over people on a Rangers forum or above there they're a fenian cunt for saying the players he's bought are shite.

If you don't want to talk and take peoples points on boards why you even here, then? 

The posters who are not happy with the present board,manager,and the majority of the playing staff what you going to do.Keep coming on here and moaning.Stop going to the games as a means of protest.What you planning to do if the club finish 2nd 3rd , 4th even.What's your plans.Thousands will keep supporting the club as they have done in good and bad.It's what's called supporting your team.But I ask again all those who do nothing but run down just about everything to do with the club what is your plan for the rest of this season and next.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I'm upto date. I just can't get my head around any of your points - when someone responds it's a daft snipe about knowing better than the Rangers manager or valuing his opinion over people on a Rangers forum or above there they're a fenian cunt for saying the players he's bought are shite.

If you don't want to talk and take peoples points on boards why you even here, then? 

I'm listening to what you're saying, I just think you're wrong. Sorry if that upsets you. 

I'm listening to what you're saying, I just think you're wrong. Sorry if that upsets you. 

No it doesn't upset me. I like debate and differing opinions - it's your responses that are baffling me a bit is all. 

3 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

The posters who are not happy with the present board,manager,and the majority of the playing staff what you going to do.Keep coming on here and moaning.Stop going to the games as a means of protest.What you planning to do if the club finish 2nd 3rd , 4th even.What's your plans.Thousands will keep supporting the club as they have done in good and bad.It's what's called supporting your team.But I ask again all those who do nothing but run down just about everything to do with the club what is your plan for the rest of this season and next.

Stop being a blouse. No-ones going to protest or stop supporting the club if they don't have a good league finish. 

All points are valid - even some on the other side of my view (I just don't agree with the overall view)

You are another that's incapable of having a debate - if someone disagree's with you then it's a daft post like that you hit out with. 

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

A lot of that I don't actually disagree with but I take slight offence to it being said in relation to now as we will never progress doing that.

By that logic could finish 8th and it's OK because it's our first season back and we are better off than last year in the second tier.

Nupe. Not for me, sorry.

We deserve a lot better. 

We deserved a lot better, and we know who prevented that.  

And many teams and their fans deserve a lot better. But no team has a divine right to success, ask any Leeds, Charlton or Coventry fan. 

We were totally stuffedf our years ago, We have achieved a great deal since in extraordinarily bad circumstances. 

I am optimistic our foundations are stronger in recent months.

But we are not a Blackburn Rovers or Parma. We need solid foundations for the long term, not a cosmetic "let's spend money the now and buy success in the short term" approach.

Realistically a third or fourth place would be disappointing, but even that would be a huge stepping stone from last season.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No it doesn't upset me. I like debate and differing opinions - it's your responses that are baffling me a bit is all. 

I find the fact that you're writing off players as shite after quarter of a season pretty baffling. 

Just now, tannerall said:

We deserved a lot better, and we know who prevented that.  

And many teams and their fans deserve a lot better. But no team has a divine right to success, ask any Leeds, Charlton or Coventry fan. 

We were solidly grounded a few years ago, We have achieved a great deal since in extraordinarily bad circumstances. 

I am optimistic our foundations are stronger in recent months.

But we are not a Blackburn Rovers or Parma. We need solid foundations for the long term, not a cosmetic, let's spend money the now and buy success in the short term.

Realistically a third or fourth place would be disappointing, but even that would be a huge stepping stone from last season.

Fair enough. 

I think deep down we aren't that far apart in our thoughts but I just want the highest place finish possible and don't see why we can't do better - but I am not stupid - I know we are still being mismanaged in a all departments (boardroom, scouting, youths, PR) 

Just now, Lidl said:

I find the fact that you're writing off players as shite after quarter of a season pretty baffling. 

We are a third of the way into the season and I'm not saying anything different to what Dave King said today actually ... he said (to paraphrase) that we haven't got value in the wage bill for the people we've signed. They've not stepped up and added the value we need and the demands of playing for Rangers.

Is it OK for him to say it and not me? after-all, I'm just a guy on an internet forum to use your words. 

Stop being a blouse. No-ones going to protest or stop supporting the club if they don't have a good league finish. 

All points are valid - even some on the other side of my view (I just don't agree with the overall view)

You are another that's incapable of having a debate - if someone disagree's with you then it's a daft post like that you hit out with. 

Again a bit rich coming from someone who calls posters everything under the sun if they don't happen to agree with your view on anything.Aye right oh.So they won't stop supporing the club so what are they going to do.Come on here like blouses moaning as if it matters.It's an Internet forum no one  really gives a toss.Certainly not men sitting round tables who are making multi million pound decisions concerning a good part of their money.

We are a third of the way into the season and I'm not saying anything different to what Dave King said today actually ... he said (to paraphrase) that we haven't got value in the wage bill for the people we've signed. They've not stepped up and added the value we need and the demands of playing for Rangers.

Is it OK for him to say it and not me? after-all, I'm just a guy on an internet forum to use your words. 

Yer wastin yer breath on some in here , most of Warburtons signings are absolute dross and even King knows it.

Just now, sammy cox said:

Again a bit rich coming from someone who calls posters everything under the sun if they don't happen to agree with your view on anything.Aye right oh.So they won't stop supporing the club so what are they going to do.Come on here like blouses moaning as if it matters.It's an Internet forum no one  really gives a toss.Certainly not men sitting round tables who are making multi million pound decisions concerning a good part of their money.

I only call someone something if they are cheeky to me first. 

As for the rest of your comment - if that's your honest opinion then why are you here? why do we have the forum? are we only to post things you agree with or only if it's positive? think you need to get real and realise this is the internet. 

I'm guessing your an older guy and this is all new to you? 

I take that as them not playing to their potential as yet. I wouldn't consider what he's saying as writing them off as shite. 

But, of course, Dave King is a glib a shameless liar. Thats what I've heard on here anyway. :rolleyes:

I only call someone something if they are cheeky to me first. 

As for the rest of your comment - if that's your honest opinion then why are you here? why do we have the forum? are we only to post things you agree with or only if it's positive? think you need to get real and realise this is the internet. 

I'm guessing your an older guy and this is all new to you? 

You may guess what you like but you know nothing about me.For you to say that you only give cheek to people who give you it first,really not only do you talk well nonsense but you wander from the truth in that statement.You have still not answered my question what you going to do.Obviously there are a lot of people who think that the present set up are doing the best they can.But again tell me what you and the rest plan to do apart from come on here and moan as if it matters a jot in the big picture.