Halliday

Guest Lloyd72

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Every fan of every club in the world world desperately want those players that are genuine supporters to succeed. There will always be more support for those players and we have never or should be any different. 

That's fine if he can do the job, but when it gets in the way of the team going forward then it's a problem. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/12/2016 at 11:25 PM, Courtyard Bear said:

That's not what I said though, he gets allowed poor performance after poor performance because he is one of our own. 

Na I don't agree. He is getting pelters on here regularly and for his error tonight it's justified.  I don't think he gets any  more slack at all. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So why did Warburton buy a whole new midfield if Haliday was up to the job. Rossiter and Barton were direct replacements for Haliday never mind Crooks. 

What difference does it make if he's a Rangers fan or not? Are we meant to allow him to be under par because he a Bear. 

And why did the manager extend the contracts of both Halliday and  Holt and prey tell me of all this new midfield that were bought how many are still with us and how many are actually playing?

Yes what difference does it make you brought it up.Do you honestly think he was brought and plays for Rangers soley because he's a Rangers supporter really. Do you honestly think we were going to build a team for the future round Barton and Kranjcar. I will have a go at the manager with regards to those two,not required and it has been proved.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Na I don't agree. He is getting pelters on here regularly and for his error tonight it's justified.  I don't think he gets any  more slack at all. 

That's fine mate it's all about opinions, I think differently from you. 

That aside do you think he is good enough to be in a 55 winning side? 

On 16/12/2016 at 11:26 PM, GlasgowsBlue said:

I don't mean Forrester holding, we have Tavernier in there who is a defensive player who could fulfil the role. Plus Forrester gets stuck in and presses high up the pitch I would have him starting more games than not

I don't think that's a role for tav either. Halliday is the best we have in the squad that is fit for that position. There's no doubt it needs strengthened, which was Barton and Rossiters job. 

On 16/12/2016 at 11:31 PM, Courtyard Bear said:

No I don't.  Halliday is a tryer, but I don't think he has the level we need. He isn't the only one in that boat though, so it mystifies me a little that he keeps getting singled out.

Maybe it's because he is one of our own :lol:

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That's fine if he can do the job, but when it gets in the way of the team going forward then it's a problem. 

I agree with that but he is the best we have in that position at the moment. The mistake aside he had indifferent game tonight. I'm just making the point that it's natural for supporters to give him more support and potentially cut him more slack given that he has a genuine passion for the club.

1 minute ago, sammy cox said:

And why did the manager extend the contracts of both Halliday and  Holt and prey tell me of all this new midfield that were bought how many are still with us and how many are actually playing?

Yes what difference does it make you brought it up.Do you honestly think he was brought and plays for Rangers soley because he's a Rangers supporter really. Do you honestly think we were going to build a team for the future round Barton and Kranjcar. I will have a go at the manager with regards to those two,not required and it has been proved.

We need Squad players plan and simple. 

We were going to build this seasons team around Barton and Krancjar and that's a fact along with Rossiter. 

Your saying Barton and Krancjar were not required really, tell me why we are way behind the mhanks with last seasons midfield then? 

Just now, westenclosure2008 said:

I agree with that but he is the best we have in that position at the moment. The mistake aside he had indifferent game tonight. I'm just making the point that it's natural for supporters to give him more support and potentially cut him more slack given that he has a genuine passion for the club.

I agree mate, but there comes a time when we have face the truth about one of our own and it's never easy and a bitter pill to swallow. 

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Is he good enough to be a staple in the team, probably not, but there are worse players than Halliday who have contributed to title winning sides.

Blah, blah, blah.

He's no Iniesta but he does a job, and more often than not, does it well. He made one bad mistake, in a bad area. Mostly down to our risky style of play. 

We had plenty of clear cut chances to be 4 or 5 up and had we taken them, that mistake would have seemed less disastrous. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We need Squad players plan and simple. 

We were going to build this seasons team around Barton and Krancjar and that's a fact along with Rossiter. 

Your saying Barton and Krancjar were not required really, tell me why we are way behind the mhanks with last seasons midfield then? 

Yes we need squad players but not players who do their talking on twitter and not on the pitch,we also need players playing who can finish 90 minutes not blowing out their arse after 45 minutes. If you think we are where we are due to our midfield and specifically AH and not more down to the fact that our forward line have not been putting the chances away which includes Miller,a fact if you look at the goals for table,a fact that both Miller and the manager have said then you are grasping at straws sir.

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

No I don't.  Halliday is a tryer, but I don't think he has the level we need. He isn't the only one in that boat though, so it mystifies me a little that he keeps getting singled out.

Maybe it's because he is one of our own :lol:

Aye maybe ? 

I agree there are a few more in that team that won't see 55. I think it's a bit of we wish he was better than he is because he's one of us and the fact he isn't hurts all the more. 

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Is he good enough to be a staple in the team, probably not, but there are worse players than Halliday who have contributed to title winning sides.

Well said, but that was back in the day when we had really outstanding players to take the weight off the journey men players.

We don't have that luxury these days we really are a team that will win or lose as a group. 

5 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Yes we need squad players but not players who do their talking on twitter and not on the pitch,we also need players playing who can finish 90 minutes not blowing out their arse after 45 minutes. If you think we are where we are due to our midfield and specifically AH and not more down to the fact that our forward line have not been putting the chances away which includes Miller,a fact if you look at the goals for table,a fact that both Miller and the manager have said then you are grasping at straws sir.

Love debating with you Sammy. ?

I wouldn't have signed Barton or Krancjar it was too big gamble. I would've said signed the other 3 Windass Crooks & Rossiter along with an experienced solid pro who could hold the midfield together and lead them on a match day. 

Again with Kenny no forward is setting the heather on fire with their goal scoring its a team effort, just like we don't have a couple of superstars to carry the weight of an average team. But he brings a passion and leadership on the pitch that seems sadly lacking these days. 

Your keeping me from a vodka frenzy as well ya bugger. ??

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I agree mate, but there comes a time when we have face the truth about one of our own and it's never easy and a bitter pill to swallow. 

I do think that if Rossiter can get fit, a worryingly big if, and build on the early promise he showed then he should make that position his own. I still think though that Halliday would be a valuable squad player to have.

On 16/12/2016 at 11:54 PM, jamess said:

Willingness to play for the jersey and commitment will take you so far.  We need a step up in performance in the midfield,  and that is not yet at the club.

It's strange though because speaking for myself there is a real emotional attachment to the lads that won the championship last year. I really want to see them do well and it genuinely saddens me when you see some of them struggling to make the grade. 

2 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I do think that if Rossiter can get fit, a worryingly big if, and build on the early promise he showed then he should make that position his own. I still think though that Halliday would be a valuable squad player to have.

I agree he would make a great squad player. 

The signings this summer have been a disaster, some were a huge gamble that I  think we didn't need to take. Good solid experienced pros would've been better than the big names, but hindsight is a great thing. 

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

It's strange though because speaking for myself there is a real emotional attachment to the lads that won the championship last year. I really want to see them do well and it genuinely saddens me when you see some of them struggling to make the grade. 

I think that's got a lot to do with why Haliday gets it in the neck a bit more, we all wanted him to carry us to 55. Sadly it's not going to happen. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Love debating with you Sammy. ?

I wouldn't have signed Barton or Krancjar it was too big gamble. I would've said signed the other 3 Windass Crooks & Rossiter along with an experienced solid pro who could hold the midfield together and lead them on a match day. 

Again with Kenny no forward is setting the heather on fire with their goal scoring its a team effort, just like we don't have a couple of superstars to carry the weight of an average team. But he brings a passion and leadership on the pitch that seems sadly lacking these days. 

Your keeping me from a vodka frenzy as well ya bugger. ??

Sorry I don't rate Miller a bang average player who has pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes including MW. Busy doing not a lot but that's only my opinion. Forwards are judged by goals scored and if anyone thinks that 4 goals in something like 1200  minutes of league football is acceptable that's up to them.I do not think that that's good enough but I have seen threads how just about every player is not good enough except the elephants in the room which really astounds me. Criticise where it's due but criticise everyone who is due it not just the usual suspects.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

But all is not lost - sometimes an addition to a team can bring out the best in those around. I would always have Halliday in the squad.

On 17/12/2016 at 0:04 AM, jamess said:

But all is not lost - sometimes an addition to a team can bring out the best in those around. I would always have Halliday in the squad.

In fairness it wasn't just halliday I was alluding to. At times Keirnan,  tav, mackay waghorn,  they have all been hard work to watch this season

2 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Sorry I don't rate Miller a bang average player who has pulled the wool over a lot of people's eyes including MW. Busy doing not a lot but that's only my opinion. Forwards are judged by goals scored and if anyone thinks that 4 goals in something like 1200  minutes of league football is acceptable that's up to them.I do not think that that's good enough but I have seen threads how just about every player is not good enough except the elephants in the room which really astounds me. Criticise where it's due but criticise everyone who is due it not just the usual suspects.

I agree mate, I've been one of Millers biggest critics. His second touch is usually a tackle and when he has to think about a scoring chance he fucks it up. 

But he does bring a leader on the pitch. 

As I said somewhere else I think the fact Haliday gets it so hard is because we so wanted him to lead us to 55 and it looks like that wont happen.