Shameful standards.

CoatbridgeBear

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

We have the second biggest budget but what does that actually mean when it's still a small budget in comparison to what our budget used to be when we were a top flight club before?

The players we have at the moment simply lack real quality and that's always going to lead to inconsistent performances and results. I can't get my head around how people can't seem to figure that out.

It means nothing really - at the same time it can indicate things. We have the 2nd biggest budget, we are in 2nd place. Our budget is miles from the tims and we are miles off them in the race for the premiership. What it proves generally is that cash is King in football and money buys you talent, which can buy you success.

Its not always true (see Leicester) or in the cups that are a one off - but largely it is - particularly so in Scotland where the wage bills of the rest of the competition are so much smaller. The club that is making the most money, buys the best players and so wins things making even more money. 

Our biggest challenge is to break that cycle without breaking the bank.

Something about last night just makes me fucking raging. I despise st.johnstone, useless hammer throwers who sit behind the ball, chookter bastards on the radio greeting about Kiernan, that fuckin steven anderson a could melt him into a fucking plastic cup! And that bastard foster, bitter yes voting scum bastard, hate the fact we've put money in this pricks pocket.

This mentality needs to be sorted out within the next season, or we will be effectively handing them 10 in a row. That will just not be accepted, and we as a support will be sleepwalking into the moment we accept 2nd place as success. If MW feels he cannot win this league, then he needs to go asap.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

It means nothing really - at the same time it can indicate things. We have the 2nd biggest budget, we are in 2nd place. Our budget is miles from the tims and we are miles off them in the race for the premiership. What it proves generally is that cash is King in football and money buys you talent, which can buy you success.

Its not always true (see Leicester) or in the cups that are a one off - but largely it is - particularly so in Scotland where the wage bills of the rest of the competition are so much smaller. The club that is making the most money, buys the best players and so wins things making even more money. 

Our biggest challenge is to break that cycle without breaking the bank.

The sheep showed that they can be matched with a tight budget. My concern is that MW might not be the man for the job in the next couple of seasons. 

4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

The sheep showed that they can be matched with a tight budget. My concern is that MW might not be the man for the job in the next couple of seasons. 

when have the sheep matched them? they were beaten by 15 points and 17 points respectively over the last two seasons and were 31 points adrift of them 3 seasons ago.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

when have the sheep matched them? they were beaten by 15 points and 17 points respectively over the last two seasons and were 31 points adrift of them 3 seasons ago.

Until it all collapsed for them in the later part of last season, they were challenging and putting them under pressure.

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

That's ridiculous though. You could rhyme of an enormous list of bad, costly signings from our best ever managers. 

Because he's got some wrong, you'll never give him another penny?

Did you say that to Smith after Dailly, Velicia, Lafferty, Webster, Foster, Diouf, Beattie (and that's just of the top of my head, and discounting the money pushed against a wall in his first spell). 

Kiernan, Barton, Krancjar, Senderos, Oduwa, Halliday and Tavernier to an extent, Crooks doesn't get a game, O'Halloran, his lack of buying decent defenders all in the space of a year in a half is pretty awful imo. 

We've got the 2nd biggest budget in this league, and where are we? 2nd place! If we had the 1st biggest budget in the league, maybe, just maybe though, we'd be in 1st place.

Some of you never supported the team during the sixties, seventies, those were hard, at times, years to support the club.

I'm not saying that we should accept 2nd best, I'm just saying that we can't expect 1st place at this moment in time.

3 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

We've got the 2nd biggest budget in this league, and where are we? 2nd place! If we had the 1st biggest budget in the league, maybe, just maybe though, we'd be in 1st place.

Some of you never supported the team during the sixties, seventies, those were hard, at times, years to support the club.

I'm not saying that we should accept 2nd best, I'm just saying that we can't expect 1st place at this moment in time.

We wont have a bigger budget than Celtic until we win the league and gain access to the Champions League money.  It's a very tough situation for our manager and players to be in as Celtic are spending at least 3x what we are currently.  We need a manager and group of players who can get the better of them on a budget.  However, this is what needs to be done or we'll end up watching Celtic winning 10 in a row.  I believe Celtic managed to do it when they stopped us from doing the 10 and we need a similar effort now.

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We wont have a bigger budget than Celtic until we win the league and gain access to the Champions League money.  It's a very tough situation for our manager and players to be in as Celtic are spending at least 3x what we are currently.  However, this is what needs to be done or we'll end up watching Celtic winning 10 in a row.  We need a manager and group of players who can get the better of them on a budget.  I believe Celtic managed to do it when they stopped us from doing the 10 and we need a similar effort now.

There's nothing that you said that I can disagree with. This is our 1st season back in the top flight. We had to start from scratch, when all our best players deserted us in 2012, when things were looking bleak. We've been in a really bad way recently, and we're just recovering now. We just need to be a bit more patient. If they get to 8 in a row, and we're not challenging them, then we must do everything in our power to stop them getting 9, never mind 10 in a row.

Unless something disastrous happens to them they're going to get title no six in a row. Next season, we need to get into Europe, second place this season does that.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Kiernan, Barton, Krancjar, Senderos, Oduwa, Halliday and Tavernier to an extent, Crooks doesn't get a game, O'Halloran, his lack of buying decent defenders all in the space of a year in a half is pretty awful imo. 

Kiernan, Halliday and Tav have all done well enough over the piece - Championship players signed for virtually nothing. Stormed through that league, and still contribute. 

Barton was a fuck up, but was at least a player of quality. Similar quality to Krancjar, who was hitting form before injury. 

Senderos, agreed. Hurrendous buy. 

Although - I still can't agree that a few bad signings mean you should never get another penny to spend? 

13 hours ago, VERITAS VOS LIBREBETS said:

I wonder if Jock Wallace or Souness would walk out the front door at Ibrox telling everyone 'we are in good shape' 'we are progressing well' '2nd is ok' ?

Four years us Bears have backed the Club to the hilt with best attendances in order to put us back on our feet - where has all that money gone Mr King?

Where is the winning mentality? everyone says 'its the taking part that counts' - no it isnt -  its the winning that matters and there is not enough winners in our squad.

Christmas is over Mr King - we have given you enough presents, now it is your turn, all we want is for you to honor the spiel that you promised when you were desperate to become Chairman.

How no one has liked you for this amazes me .

Great post