Shameful standards.

CoatbridgeBear

More & more folk, on here especially accepting mediocre and 2nd best all 'because where we were a few years ago'. Now it seems the manager thinks it's fine aswell, it's embarrasing and shameful, sooner folk get over the years ago patter the better. We're Rangers fucksake and we're accepting pish aberdeen etc would be happy with. Also about 3 players max are worth the weight of that Jersey on their backs.

14 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

More & more folk, on here especially accepting mediocre and 2nd best all 'because where we were a few years ago'. Now it seems the manager thinks it's fine aswell, it's embarrasing and shameful, sooner folk get over the years ago patter the better. We're Rangers fucksake and we're accepting pish aberdeen etc would be happy with. Also about 3 players max are worth the weight of that Jersey on their backs.

It's a fucking reality with the shit show we have right now.

would you rather we deluded ourselves into thinking this squad will claw back 20 points ?

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

It's a fucking reality with the shit show we have right now.

would you rather we deluded ourselves into thinking this squad will claw back 20 points ?

Naw mate, just don't accept it and hit out with pish like 'we're lucky to have a team after what happened so I can't moan'. Aye we fuckin can for the 2nd biggest budget in the country to continually drop points to pishy teams that then go get humped a week later is a disgrace. Draws with ross county, partick thistle, stjohnstone twice, pumped off hearts, beat off the sheep, humiliated off the peados, then not even mustering up a challenge in the semi final. 4 games in a row is our best winning run this season. Howlin!

I wonder if Jock Wallace or Souness would walk out the front door at Ibrox telling everyone 'we are in good shape' 'we are progressing well' '2nd is ok' ?

Four years us Bears have backed the Club to the hilt with best attendances in order to put us back on our feet - where has all that money gone Mr King?

Where is the winning mentality? everyone says 'its the taking part that counts' - no it isnt -  its the winning that matters and there is not enough winners in our squad.

Christmas is over Mr King - we have given you enough presents, now it is your turn, all we want is for you to honor the spiel that you promised when you were desperate to become Chairman.

7 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Naw mate, just don't accept it and hit out with pish like 'we're lucky to have a team after what happened so I can't moan'. Aye we fuckin can for the 2nd biggest budget in the country to continually drop points to pishy teams that then go get humped a week later is a disgrace. Draws with ross county, partick thistle, stjohnstone twice, pumped off hearts, beat off the sheep, humiliated off the peados, then not even mustering up a challenge in the semi final. 4 games in a row is our best winning run this season. Howlin!

Yip and therefore a change of management is needed and some money invested.

you obviously aren't in touch with many bears because the ones I know are pissed off and 2nd place is last to them.

we don't need to be happy or accepting of it but there's no point deluding ourselves either 

We have the second biggest budget but what does that actually mean when it's still a small budget in comparison to what our budget used to be when we were a top flight club before?

The players we have at the moment simply lack real quality and that's always going to lead to inconsistent performances and results. I can't get my head around how people can't seem to figure that out.

For the way we basically single handedly put our name back on the map and money in the club, the least we deserve is a fucking winning No Surrender attitude from the club, and the pishy players that would get turned inside out on a sunday at glasgow green off the 1st joiner that can do a stepover!

Just now, DBBTB said:

We have the second biggest budget but what does that actually mean when it's still a small budget in comparison to what our budget used to be when we were a top flight club before?

The players we have at the moment simply lack real quality and that's always going to lead to inconsistent performances and results. I can't get my head around how people can't seem to figure that out.

May not be as big as we're used to but it's still the second biggest so pishy repeated draws and defeats to the dross are out of the question, fuck knows how you can't get your head round that though.

Unfortunately I can't see a new manager improving things.  The squad is low on quality and can't see any real potential in any of them (although Fod has had a couple of cracking games recently). None of them seem to have much fighting spirit either other than Halliday but he has more fight than skill.

Aries need kicked from chairman down. Not good enough MW and DK.

10 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

For the way we basically single handedly put our name back on the map and money in the club, the least we deserve is a fucking winning No Surrender attitude from the club, and the pishy players that would get turned inside out on a sunday at glasgow green off the 1st joiner that can do a stepover!

This 100%.

43 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

It's not just "because where we were a few years ago", we've had 15 years of mismanagement and a business model that went bust. I'm pissed off at where we are too but some people need to face reality, the scum are years ahead of us. Whether we like it or not the reality is it's going to take time and there's going to be bumps along the way.

59 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

May not be as big as we're used to but it's still the second biggest so pishy repeated draws and defeats to the dross are out of the question, fuck knows how you can't get your head round that though.

We have the second biggest budget and we are sitting second so we are exactly where our budget suggests we should be even if the results have been shite.

Pishy defeats and draws happened when we had a wage budget of over 20 million pound a year and players who we had spent millions on. We lost 4-1 at the ground we drew at last night a few years ago so it's not a new thing that's just started happening this season even though some people like to act like it is.

Teams always raise their game when they play us, particularly on their own ground and in the past we had players who had the quality to dig us out of a hole. We simply don't have that now and the knock on effect is poorer results and it will be until the budget is increased to the level we are used to.

I agree too but think the OP is just sick of all the second patter. I know I am. It maybe what's realistic but I find it difficult to talk like that or to listen to it. I took second to be the minimal requirement as I always will.

I will be excited to see us in Europe again next year but that's just because it's been so difficult to handle what we've been through and so I'll be proud to see us once again playing in the top competitions.

34 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Yip and therefore a change of management is needed and some money invested.

you obviously aren't in touch with many bears because the ones I know are pissed off and 2nd place is last to them.

we don't need to be happy or accepting of it but there's no point deluding ourselves either 

Would you trust MW with more money after Joe garner .I said I would give him to the end of the season but my patience is dwindling somewhat after last night's shambles,we need another 11 players in , better than the 11 that started last night.if we get anything out of the game on Saturday will be an improvement.cheers.

2 minutes ago, bluebovril said:

Would you trust MW with more money after Joe garner .I said I would give him to the end of the season but my patience is dwindling somewhat after last night's shambles,we need another 11 players in , better than the 11 that started last night.if we get anything out of the game on Saturday will be an improvement.cheers.

Nope I wouldn't give him another penny

39 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Unfortunately I can't see a new manager improving things.  The squad is low on quality and can't see any real potential in any of them (although Fod has had a couple of cracking games recently). None of them seem to have much fighting spirit either other than Halliday but he has more fight than skill.

Aries need kicked from chairman down. Not good enough MW and DK.

Leave Aries alone, that Pisces is the fishy bastard.   

Not sure about the new manager, Brenda has them playing better with essentially the Delia squad ++.

1 hour ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

The 'look where we were' is as bad as the 'we are Rangers' patter. 

You've no god given right to win games or championships.

And unless you've got a spare £20m to give to the club to spent on quality footballers, there won't be much of a change. 

7 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Nope I wouldn't give him another penny

That's ridiculous though. You could rhyme of an enormous list of bad, costly signings from our best ever managers. 

Because he's got some wrong, you'll never give him another penny?

Did you say that to Smith after Dailly, Velicia, Lafferty, Webster, Foster, Diouf, Beattie (and that's just of the top of my head, and discounting the money pushed against a wall in his first spell). 

50 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

To be fair I honestly think a lot of us do get that.What we can't accept is the level of performance put up by the team on more occassions than not at present.I have watched some shite Rangers teams over the past 40 odd years but never have I come across one that doesn't seem to have the fight or desire as this one.They just don't seem to understand just what it means to us fans and the press conferences  just get more and more unwatchable.I am sick to my back teeth hearing we will learn and how great shape we are in.Dont know who they are trying to convince but it's not working on me.We are a bang average side at present with no leaders and it seems no mentality to improve on that within this squad.Mediocrity seems to be acceptable to this lot and that for me should NEVER be part of our squads DNA.No matter the budget players should have the professional desire and pride to fight and give their all.Can anyone say they see that every week from most of this squad because unfortunately I don't.

I know where you're coming from but the reality is we can't just dismiss the circumstances of the last few years and we shouldn't see MW as a failure because of our current league position .I don't believe for a minute that MW thinks second for our club is fine, he's knows what is expected of a Rangers manager but at this moment and unlike any of his predecessors he hasn't got the luxury of a squad packed with internationalists to pick from.

For me, until he receives a substantial transfer budget from the board then second is a realistic position to be in.

Second will never be acceptable but to expect to be top of the league when you compare the squads in terms of wages and transfer outlay (as well as squad stability) it was obviously going to be a tall ask for us even if half of our 11 summer signings had been great buys.

It's a case of it will have to do this year but if there are no improvements between January and the end of the year even if we finish second I'd say that Warburton should be leaving of his own accord. We need to see the foundations are there for a proper challenge next season i.e. comfortable and consistently beating the teams below us.

When did we draw with Partick thistle ? We've played them twice and won twice.