If Stuart McCall had been given the Managers job

williamcarvel9

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

As long as Calderwood was winning, or else you'd rather someone else rather than Calerwood. I take it you mean that if Calderwood was the manager there would be certain victories, that the win today would be guaranteed, that those near misses would have gone in, that that slip up by the defence wouldn't have happened, that nothing random would have happened at all, and that the three points would be in the bag. Calderwood it is then.

I think it's a bit flippant to whittle my opinion down to something so trivial.

My point just now is that under warburton we are not progressing, we are actually regressing. He is looking more and more out his depth each match that passes by.

Would I rather we had someone come in who knows what we are all about, kick some bollocks while still embracing a more modern approach to football? Just in the interim? Yes.

Is Jimmy Calderwood the first person on my list of managers? Not a chance.

But I do know, at this stage in the season with the window now closed, we need someone to come in who isn't bothered about not having any money to spend, who will be desperate to do well, and someone whom understands what Scottish football and what we are all about.

This is the job that Calderwood has been waiting for all his life, and looking at what he's done elsewhere - his record is actually quite decent. Him being a big rangers man, and not hiding it during him managing aberdeen would have pissed off the sheeps support something rotten. however he was there for something like 4 years or something and he led them into the last 32 of the champions league.

It seems he's been out of work due to him having very strong opinions against ownership and not hiding that fact. Perhaps he would provide some transparency here.

I think it's worth a try at least, and like i said he's definitely not my first choice. But I believe he would do a better job that Warburton.

At least he would have some fucking passion and metal.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

:lol: sorry, Uefa cup. Did he not beat bayern munich to get there as well? Seem to remember it being the German side. 

nah think bayern put them out, he qualified from the group stages the same year we went to manchester and the tarriers made it to the CL last 16

what a year for scottish football tbh

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

if memory serves me right, that night it could have been double figures for the sheep, they fucking pumped them up north

But what would you think of Calderwood taking over just until the end of the season?

Like I'm saying he's not my first choice, but I wouldn't be against it.

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

But what would you think of Calderwood taking over just until the end of the season?

Like I'm saying he's not my first choice, but I wouldn't be against it.

me personally, my avatar says it all, eck is my choice, not just for 6 months but for 18, give him a shot at restoring the pride he once restored to us back in 2001

Just now, bornabear said:

All bad managers, all backed by lying thieving boards.

Correct. 

New manager is a must, but even if we get rid of Warburton and appoint a world-class manager, that's still only 50% of the problem sorted. 

12 minutes ago, Ger77 said:

We would still be in the Championship if McCall gad got the job.

He inherited shite then and he would inherit shite now.

I've  a lot of respect for him. Played at the highest level and was a player unlike that fucking imposter we now have. If he had stayed on, I am confident we would be much better than we are now, but that wouldn't be hard.

Wouldn't like that other imposter king to get his filthy fucking hands on him.

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

me personally, my avatar says it all, eck is my choice, not just for 6 months but for 18, give him a shot at restoring the pride he once restored to us back in 2001

Again, I wouldn't be against big eck but I would have a fear of him disrupting the good progress warburton has made regarding modernisation of our club. I've always seen him as a more old style manager in the same vein as walter.

Calderwood brought a lot of modern philosophies and ideas from Holland and implemented them in Scotland, and I'd see him as being less of a disruption to our current setup. Because, although Warburton is failing regarding results, I do believe he has done a lot of good things for us.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Again, I wouldn't be against big eck but I would have a fear of him disrupting the good progress warburton has made regarding modernisation of our club. I've always seen him as a more old style manager in the same vein as walter.

Calderwood brought a lot of modern philosophies and ideas from Holland and implemented them in Scotland, and I'd see him as being less of a disruption to our current setup. Because, allow Warburton is failing regarding results, I do believe he has done a lot of good things for us.

nothing to stop the board saying to eck "here's the first team, but mullholland stays in charge of the youth set up" sure eck may change our style to something more effective, but lets be honest, even at times eck's rangers were bloody good to watch, and if memory serves me right, eck did bring through the most expensive youth we've ever sold and tried a few others as well

my concern with the likes of calderwood etc is that they'd need time to adjust to the requirements at a big club like ours, almost like a warburton, i think right now we need someone tried and tested at a big club, and unless we went back to walter (no chance) then eck is the cheapest and most trustworthy option available tbh

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

nothing to stop the board saying to eck "here's the first team, but mullholland stays in charge of the youth set up" sure eck may change our style to something more effective, but lets be honest, even at times eck's rangers were bloody good to watch, and if memory serves me right, eck did bring through the most expensive youth we've ever sold and tried a few others as well

my concern with the likes of calderwood etc is that they'd need time to adjust to the requirements at a big club like ours, almost like a warburton, i think right now we need someone tried and tested at a big club, and unless we went back to walter (no chance) then eck is the cheapest and most trustworthy option available tbh

maybe you're right JMJ.

the only thing that pissed me off about eck was him using certain tactics that were clearly not working at times but sticking with them. i remember him putting wingers on the opposite sides of the field to their natural position in order that they would come more central. now, this happened frequently and it didn't work well. it might have worked for barcelona, but for us at that time, although we had far better players then than we do now - it just ended in frustration.

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

maybe you're right JMJ.

the only thing that pissed me off about eck was him using certain tactics that were clearly not working at times but sticking with them. i remember him putting wingers on the opposite sides of the field to their natural position in order that they would come more central. now, this happened frequently and it didn't work well. it might have worked for barcelona, but for us at that time, although we had far better players then than we do now - it just ended in frustration.

i think at times eck was more concerned with stopping the opposition instead of using our best system to batter the opposition, again all ifs and buts as we had both good and bad with eck, right now id take his first 18 months over anything else tbh