I honestly think we need to bring back some of our former player

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Really?

So I'm a rat for suggesting that the likes of Naismith n Broadfoot would be huge improvements on our current players?

I am a rat for buying a season ticket for the past 19 years not to mention the money spent on merchandise, food and drink etc?

I am a rat for wanting to see my team stronger, winning on the pitch and not embarrassing themselves like yesterday.

You can take your opinion and fuck yourself with it. Your bitterness is impairing your judgement severely.

We are on our knees and need help, if these guys were willing then welcome home and earn the respect and trust of the fans through hard graft on the pitch.

Aside from the fact that, with 1 or maybe 2 exceptions, the players on that list are fucking scum they're also well past their best. 

Fuck having a team full of journeymen that jumped ship when we needed them the most just because they won a few titles over 5 years ago.

I'd much rather we looked forward and found new players who could actually serve us for more than a couple of seasons before retiring and leaving us in the shit once more than bring back any of those cunts.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Aside from the fact that, with 1 or maybe 2 exceptions, the players on that list are fucking scum they're also well past their best. 

Fuck having a team full of journeymen that jumped ship when we needed them the most just because they won a few titles over 5 years ago.

I'd much rather we looked forward and found new players who could actually serve us for more than a couple of seasons before retiring and leaving us in the shit once more than bring back any of those cunts.

Look forward to who exactly? Beerman, Bates, maybe Waghorn will score 10 next season.

mate open your eyes

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

And fucking what. I said 6 months ago Walter should have been asked back . In the past?

would that have happened yesterday?

Im gonny blow you little mind here by saying we should also get our selfs into (manageable) debt if need be to sort this fuckin mess out.

I wouldn't be against getting into a manageable debt to catch them, I don't think any supporter in their right mind would.

I'd just be against spending that money to bring back that bunch of rats.

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

Look forward to who exactly? Beerman, Bates, maybe Waghorn will score 10 next season.

mate open your eyes

Did you just ignore the part where I said NEW players?

Contrary to what you might believe there is actually other players out there it's not just a straight choice between what we have now or what we had in 2011/12.

So a player at 30/31/32 is now deemed as passed it? 

Canniggia was 35 when we signed him, De Boer was 31, Weir was 34 ffs.

Our team is crying out for experience n players who can handle the pressure of playing for us. 

A 31 year old Naismith or a 23 year old josh windass. Naismith every fucking game n I couldn't care if he told the world King Billy was gay!!!

Our team is crying out for experience n players who can handle the pressure of playing for us. 

A 31 year old Naismith or a 23 year old josh windass. Naismith every fucking game n I couldn't care if he told the world King Billy was gay!!!

One or 2 players maybe. That's a full fucking spine of a team in their early to mid 30s. Be serious ffs.

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Did you just ignore the part where I said NEW players?

Contrary to what you might believe there is actually other players out there it's not just a straight choice between what we have now or what we had in 2011/12.

Reread my opening post. We need men that know what it's all about. No one at that club from CEO to centre forward excluding Miller know what it's all about

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Naismith would improve our team without doubt.

However, after supporting him through 2 serious injuries, and him supposedly being a big bluenose,he fucked us over in the worst possible way and I simply would not put a penny into a club that paid him wages.

I utterly despise him

It may not be a sensible or logical point of view but that's how it is

One or 2 players maybe. That's a full fucking spine of a team in their early to mid 30s. Be serious ffs.

I'm being very serious. I've never said bring them all back, but 3 or 4 who are experienced and offer a better quality then yes.

I wouldn't want mcgregor back, or Hutton and we have no chance of Davis with the level he is playing not to mention wages.

Even look at the midfield yesterday of Holt, Hyndman and Windass, you change that to Dorrans, Naismith and McLean (another former player) and suddenly you have experience, grit and bit of creativity.

1 minute ago, Junior Soprano said:

Reread my opening post. We need men that know what it's all about. No one at that club from CEO to centre forward excluding Miller know what it's all about

I can't even be bothered continuing this debate tbh mate you're so narrow minded on this it's unreal. You actually do think they're the only options available to us.

Did they know what it was all about when we got sent down to the 3rd division?

I'm being very serious. I've never said bring them all back, but 3 or 4 who are experienced and offer a better quality then yes.

I wouldn't want mcgregor back, or Hutton and we have no chance of Davis with the level he is playing not to mention wages.

Even look at the midfield yesterday of Holt, Hyndman and Windass, you change that to Dorrans, Naismith and McLean (another former player) and suddenly you have experience, grit and bit of creativity.

Could just as easily have a competitive, experienced and creative midfield by swapping Naismith for another player that hasn't previously fucked us over.

I'd rather have Scott Allan or Scott Brown than I would Naismith. That's how much I despise him.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I can't even be bothered continuing this debate tbh mate you're so narrow minded on this it's unreal. You actually do think they're the only options available to us.

Did they know what it was all about when we got sent down to the 3rd division?

I'm narrow minded.

5 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Naismith would improve our team without doubt.

However, after supporting him through 2 serious injuries, and him supposedly being a big bluenose,he fucked us over in the worst possible way and I simply would not put a penny into a club that paid him wages.

I utterly despise him

It may not be a sensible or logical point of view but that's how it is

I hated Miller when he came back. My old man despised Maurice Johnston.

until they scored against Celtic and won the league 

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Could just as easily have a competitive, experienced and creative midfield by swapping Naismith for another player that hasn't previously fucked us over.

I'd rather have Scott Allan or Scott Brown than I would Naismith. That's how much I despise him.

That's fair enough but all I'm pointing out is don't rule out players because of what they did previously.

Have you never made a mistake in life? 

Ever thought that some of them would love to settle the divide,make up for how things ended?

I judge it on would they improve our team and nobody in their right mind can say that right now a Broadfoot, Naismith, Lafferty, Aluko etc wouldn't be an improvement. The team on the park now is so poor it's an embarrassment to watch. 

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'd rather have Scott Allan or Scott Brown than I would Naismith. That's how much I despise him.

I don't think you mean that mate, just said in the heat of the debate....

What clown mentioned Broadfoot in the same breath as Naismith? That sums it up for me, the opinions of those open to the traitors returning; you don't even have the mental capacity to distinguish between Broadfoot and Naismith, never mind maintain a level of self-respect.

Cunts like Naismith, Lafferty and Davis should be forgotten; is it purely a coincidence that those three - a large part of a hugely successful period for the club - have never been back to Ibrox? We had Alex Rae on Saturday and we've had Marvin Andrews, Bert Konterman and Graham Roberts in recent times, so why not even more successful former players? Because they know what they done.

I can't believe grown adults require educating on this. They fucked us over; they shat on us, big time. Yet, in a world where there are thousands upon thousands of professional footballers, you're pro-actively entertaining a potential return of those who left us for dead.

Sorry, but you're stupid. Plain and simple.

3 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

What clown mentioned Broadfoot in the same breath as Naismith? That sums it up for me, the opinions of those open to the traitors returning; you don't even have the mental capacity to distinguish between Broadfoot and Naismith, never mind maintain a level of self-respect.

Cunts like Naismith, Lafferty and Davis should be forgotten; is it purely a coincidence that those three - a large part of a hugely successful period for the club - have never been back to Ibrox? We had Alex Rae on Saturday and we've had Marvin Andrews, Bert Konterman and Graham Roberts in recent times, so why not even more successful former players?  Because they know what they done.

I can't believe grown adults require educating on this. They fucked us over; they shat on us, big time. Yet, in a world where there are thousands upon thousands of professional footballers, you're pro-actively entertaining a potential return of those who left us for dead.

Sorry, but you're stupid. Plain and simple.

And you're fucking deluded.

Do you think players of the standard we need from that plentiful worldwide pool want to come to our shambles of a club?

No.

Bit in our hour of need would some former players return to right some wrongs and raise the standard of the playing squad. 

More chance in my opinion.

I couldn't give a fuck about the past, I want a successful team now.

And you're fucking deluded.

Do you think players of the standard we need from that plentiful worldwide pool want to come to our shambles of a club?

No.

Bit in our hour of need would some former players return to right some wrongs and raise the standard of the playing squad. 

More chance in my opinion.

I couldn't give a fuck about the past, I want a successful team now.

Deluded? No, sensible. You're neither; you're a mug.

How on earth can you even begin to accurately assess the interest in joining us of a standard of footballer within a worldwide pool? Are you suggesting that our options are limited to former players? Mentalist, if so. Absolute mentalist.

Hour of need?! Jesus fucking Christ. In our hour of need, as we lay bleeding to death in a financial sense, these players turned their back on us, refused us the right to a transfer fee in favour of enhancing their subsequent salaries and signing-on fees elsewhere. "Hour of need", for fuck's sake. You're so daft, your own statements are flying straight over your head.

At least when McCoist was living in the past - bringing back Smith, Foster, Miller and Boyd - he was bringing back trustworthy personnel who hadn't fucked us over.

Can you answer me this - what were your immediate thoughts in the aftermath of the press conference Naismith organised after refusing to transfer his contract? Remember, the one where he said "Rangers Football Club no longer exists in its original form"? Based on your performance I here, I'm going to guess it was something similar to "nae bor stevie mate, till next time bro".

As I've said elsewhere, I'd rather hand Scott Brown - a man I spent 90 minutes wishing a bad tackle on yesterday - the captain's armband at Ibrox than even offer Naismith or any other traitor a trial at Auchenhowie. At least he's loyal.

6 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Deluded? No, sensible. You're neither; you're a mug.

How on earth can you even begin to accurately assess the interest in joining us of a standard of footballer within a worldwide pool? Are you suggesting that our options are limited to former players? Mentalist, if so. Absolute mentalist.

Hour of need?! Jesus fucking Christ. In our hour of need, as we lay bleeding to death in a financial sense, these players turned their back on us, refused us the right to a transfer fee in favour of enhancing their subsequent salaries and signing-on fees elsewhere. "Hour of need", for fuck's sake. You're so daft, your own statements are flying straight over your head.

At least when McCoist was living in the past - bringing back Smith, Foster, Miller and Boyd - he was bringing back trustworthy personnel who hadn't fucked us over.

Can you answer me this - what were your immediate thoughts in the aftermath of the press conference Naismith organised after refusing to transfer his contract? Remember, the one where he said "Rangers Football Club no longer exists in its original form"? Based on your performance I here, I'm going to guess it was something similar to "nae bor stevie mate, till next time bro".

As I've said elsewhere, I'd rather hand Scott Brown - a man I spent 90 minutes wishing a bad tackle on yesterday - the captain's armband at Ibrox than even offer Naismith or any other traitor a trial at Auchenhowie. At least he's loyal.

No if you would take the time and read I've said adding a few to bring experience and a winning mentality back to the dressing room.

Ive stated many times that I hold no bitterness to any player who left, I was disappointed but I do not get the hatred, bitterness and uber staunchness towards them.

Move on and get over it.

So they made comments, wow, fucking grow up and see that we badly need a resurgence n if it came via the help of some former players then so be it.