I honestly think we need to bring back some of our former player

47 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

I expected this thread to be people pining over Wee Vlad but ffs what a ridiculous suggestion and I have to assume the OP is at it.  

Not at it at all. I'd have them back. An apology from Naismith along with an explanation.

No one would give a flying fuck on here if they all came back and we won the league. In fact they'd be hailed as Rangers legends. Just like "traitors" have before.

so spare me the mock outrage please.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Not at it at all. I'd have them back. An apology from Naismith along with an explanation.

No one would give a flying fuck on here if they all came back and we won the league. In fact they'd be hailed as Rangers legends. Just like "traitors" have before.

I take your point, when Miller returned he was a 'traitor' and look how that's turned out. 

Naismith I'm not convinced on though.

I'm not outraged tho, far from it. There's just that many fishing trips on here I wondered if this was another one. 

Firstly, even if they agreed and we as a support agreed we couldn't bloody afford them anyway on what they are getting and they do not have loyalty to the club so your asking for a pipe dream.

I just skipped to the last page after reading the Op and a couple of other comments but WTF really?

The problem is our board and wanker supporters in C1872 and uncle fester, not to mention the ones voting SNP every sodding time. We are our own worst enemy, we cannot unite without calling in "The Old Guard", we are not fucking Napolean! (oh and look at his calling in the old guard at Waterloo, didn't end well. We can't even unite on a sodding forum!

Time to fucking change our mentality entirely as a support to force the board to do something but too many factions to contemplate that and too many wanting "Rangers Men in charge" that causing most of our issues!

7 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Still wouldn't go as far to say we 'need' them tho, they'd improve the playing squad no doubt but so would many other players and I'd rather we looked at them first. 

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

That being said,  skill wise they would probably walk into the team.

Problem there is we are always looking to "Rangers Men" to come in (no sniggering in the back)

Fuck them is my mantra and get rid of this current crop of shite board, the players are what they are at the standard they are and it is the boards fault. Buy a bargain bucket and get food poisoning you get what you paid for.

1 hour ago, DennyBlueNose said:

I take your point, when Miller returned he wajun a 'traitor' and look how that's turned out. 

Naismith I'm not convinced on thougit.

I'm not outraged tho, far from it. There's jwas a deal for all staff not one or twtst that many fishing trips on here I wondered if this was another one. 

Miller never orginised a press conference to rub our noses IN IT and never told us they knew better but never told us what , they then went on to basically rell us we were dead.

During the time the players were taking wage cuts to help save jobs IT was said that Naismith and Whittiker were the two along with the Ulster giraffe who refused to sign up to IT because the poor three thought they were getting hard done to as they were INjured and were already on a pay cut as there was no appearence or bonus money for them, by all accounts Shagger asked Duff and Phelps to give them his bonuses so not so well paid staff coukd keep their jobs as IT was them all ageeing or IT wouldnt happen. Whether thats true or not I dont know other from hearing IT from an ex player who was still close to the squad at the time.

10 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Miller never orginised a press conference to rub our noses IN IT and never told us they knew better but never told us what , they then went on to basically rell us we were dead.

During the time the players were taking wage cuts to help save jobs IT was said that Naismith and Whittiker were the two along with the Ulster giraffe who refused to sign up to IT because the poor three thought they were getting hard done to as they were INjured and were already on a pay cut as there was no appearence or bonus money for them, by all accounts Shagger asked Duff and Phelps to give them his bonuses so not so well paid staff coukd keep their jobs as IT was them all ageeing or IT wouldnt happen. Whether thats true or not I dont know other from hearing IT from an ex player who was still close to the squad at the time.

I know mate, I'm just agreeing with the guys point that people formerly referred to as traitors have turned it round, Miller being a prime example. 

It's a completely different scenario with those cunts tho and it would be unthinkable any them ever get the privilege of playing for us again and I said as.much in a post a couple of minutes later.  

23 minutes ago, piperpete said:

And Tbf I heard similar accounts from a boy at my work who said it was Mcgregor himself who said it. I've known the guy for years and he's a good bluenose so reason to doubt it. I forget the finer details as it was a few years back but I'll ask him tomorrow. 

29 minutes ago, DennyBlueNose said:

And Tbf I heard and arnimilar accounts from a boy at my work who said it was Mcgregor himself who said it. I've known the guy for years and he's a good bluenose so reason to doubt it. I forget the finer details as it was a few years back but I'll ask him tomorrow. 

I know I was told the squad were not happy with them as they got their agent to arrange a sky INterview driving out the training ground ten minutes after finally agreeing to the cuts and making them look like the brokers even though IT was them who held the rest to ransom. As I said I was told by an ex player who was still IN and around the dressingroom at the time and many things he told me were bang on IN other INstancies through his long time at the club.

Hand-on-heart, if Steven Naismith ever walks through the doors of Ibrox as a Rangers employee again, I will give-up my season ticket and never return.

This isn't about strengthening the squad. This is about genuine self-respect.

As we lay bleeding to death, financially, the little Ayrshire bluenose-from-birth, our captain and co. denied us the right to a much needed transfer fee in favour of enhancing both their salaries and signing-on fees elsewhere. They couldn't have played in the Third Division or sacrifice their international careers? Cop-out. Of course they couldn't and nor could we afford their wages. For a prime example and how they should have conducted themselves, look no further than Bocanegra and Edu, two full internationals (one being the captain) of a nation much more competitive on the world stage, therefore more at stake.

To add salt to the wound, Naismith - raised a little Bear in Stewarton before fulfilling his dream of playing for the Queen's eleven - pro-actively organised a press conference to justify his actions, saying - and I quote - "Rangers Football Club no longer exists in its original form"

I mean this wholeheartedly; I would rather sign Scott Brown and hand him the captain's arm band than have any of those back on trial; at least he's loyal.

9 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Hand-on-heart, if Steven Naismith ever walks through the doors of Ibrox as a Rangers employee again, I will give-up my season ticket and never return.

This isn't about strengthening the squad. This is about genuine self-respect.

As we lay bleeding to death, financially, the little Ayrshire bluenose-from-birth, our captain and co. denied us the right to a much needed transfer fee in favour of enhancing both their salaries and signing-on fees elsewhere. They couldn't have played in the Third Division or sacrifice their international careers? Cop-out. Of course they couldn't and nor could we afford their wages. For a prime example and how they should have conducted themselves, look no further than Bocanegra and Edu, two full internationals (one being the captain) of a nation much more competitive on the world stage, therefore more at stake.

To add salt to the wound, Naismith - raised a little Bear in Stewarton before fulfilling his dream of playing for the Queen's eleven - pro-actively organised a press conference to justify his actions, saying - and I quote - "Rangers Football Club no longer exists in its original form"

I mean this wholeheartedly; I would rather sign Scott Brown and hand him the captain's arm band than have any of those back on trial; at least he's loyal.

Excellent post and you certainly wouldn't be alone in never going back to Ibrox if Naismith came back.

Naive of the OP to think an apology would be enough.

its an interesting point but the players in smiths squad were not winners themselves.

mcGregor - was at Dunfermline on loan until letizi disaster

broadfoot - signed from st mirren

thomson from hibs

darcheville was Bordeaux

cuellar was Osasuna

weir from Everton

beasley from PSV

they are hardly winners when they arrived but the key difference is the quality of the player and a willingness to give their all to the manager, their teammates and the fans.

id say we need a team of players who want to be pro footballers for the right reasons and if you get that you'll win games, winning games breeds a winning mentality.

the trouble is we need some fantastic precontract deals or investment to get that quality in.

5 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

its an interesting point but the players in smiths squad were not winners themselves.

mcGregor - was at Dunfermline on loan until letizi disaster

broadfoot - signed from st mirren

thomson from hibs

darcheville was Bordeaux

cuellar was Osasuna

weir from Everton

beasley from PSV 

they are hardly winners when they arrived but the key difference is the quality of the player and a willingness to give their all to the manager, their teammates and the fans.

id say we need a team of players who want to be pro footballers for the right reasons and if you get that you'll win games, winning games breeds a winning mentality.

the trouble is we need some fantastic precontract deals or investment to get that quality in.

Beasley did arrive with a track record of success in MLS, with PSV and with the USA, in fairness. The rest weren't proven winners at a high level, but they'd shown the sort of attitude Smith was looking for.

Barton aside, it didn't look like we were attempting to recruit anyone with a winning mentality last summer, and I think that's the biggest issue we have. We do have a few players who are good enough, but there was no sense of 'winning is everything' filtered through from the management, nor many in the squad who had that about them. 

On 24/04/2017 at 8:39 PM, Junior Soprano said:

Who are you to tell fellow Rangers fans we don't give a fuck, regardless if we win a league or not. Most of us fans are not as fickle as you. What explanation was there for a so called Rangers fan to stand and tell the world the club was dead, and then opt to walk out for financial reasons whilst more experienced pros and guys who had had no allegiance but loved our club were taking the risk by staying ?

You even suggest our reaction to probably one of the worst days of our supporting life is mock outrage. Do you remember watching it ? Did you cringe ? Or were you happy just to accept it ?

Wee cunt will probably sell his story to rhe papers some day of how he was the victim. He's had plenty time to think it over, and if he really cared I'm sure he would have made some attempt at conciliation or apology. The wee coward does not have it in him to confront his past mistakes, never mind apologise.

I hope this thread has made you realise you're totally out of tune with the majority of those who remember Naismith's words, Please stop trying to justify it, it's almost as embarasing as Naismith's wee speech itself.

3 hours ago, tannerall said:

Who are you to tell fellow Rangers fans we don't give a fuck, regardless if we win a league or not. Most of us fans are not as fickle as you. What explanation was there for a so called Rangers fan to stand and tell the world the club was dead, and then opt to walk out for financial reasons whilst more experienced pros and guys who had had no allegiance but loved our club were taking the risk by staying ?

You even suggest our reaction to probably one of the worst days of our supporting life is mock outrage. Do you remember watching it ? Did you cringe ? Or were you happy just to accept it ?

Wee cunt will probably sell his story to rhe papers some day of how he was the victim. He's had plenty time to think it over, and if he really cared I'm sure he would have made some attempt at conciliation or apology. The wee coward does not have it in him to confront his past mistakes, never mind apologise.

I hope this thread has made you realise you're totally out of tune with the majority of those who remember Naismith's words, Please stop trying to justify it, it's almost as embarasing as Naismith's wee speech itself.

Totally out of tune with the online support maybe.

I remember a lot of folk on forums saying that we weren't the same club as well and  they wouldn't be back after liquidation.

Only to say their where wrong and be back after a few months.

Donald Findlay said it. Then in court this week said the club and company where 2 different things.

A lot was said after liquidation, maybe look at some of the quotes by Rangers "legends" from 2012.

Am I out of order to suggest that another cruciate injury wouldn't go a miss with that little cunt? I don't think I am.

We'll no doubt see him back in Glasgow this summer, just like at Christmas, when he dishes out all of three plates of dinner to the poor at a city centre homeless shelter.

What a coincidence that, for all three plates, there's photographers from every 'paper...

That sums-up that little cunt for me.