I honestly think we need to bring back some of our former player

As for the I'd rather have Scott Brown; away and chuck shite at the moon, fucking idiotic comment.

Ill continue to voice my opinion and couldn't care what others think. We will never have a unified support so happy to debate my views.

One thing is for sure, the cunts in the strips just now are not fit for purpose and action is needed now.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

No if you would take the time and read I've said adding a few to bring experience and a winning mentality back to the dressing room.

Ive stated many times that I hold no bitterness to any player who left, I was disappointed but I do not get the hatred, bitterness and uber staunchness towards them.

Move on and get over it.

So they made comments, wow, fucking grow up and see that we banks need a resurgence n if it came via the help of some former players then so be it.

You don't have the mental capacity to fully comprehend this situation.

2 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Mate tbh you are being a right prick. For the sake of being a right prick.

we all understand why nobody wants them here. But have a bit of respect for folk of a different opinion 

1 minute ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

????

Aye ok mate. 

Just because I have a different view and opinion to you then suddenly I'm thick, uneducated, unable to process or comprehend.

Try I'm just willing to back up my views. Deal with it.

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

Mate tbh you are being a right prick. For the sake of being a right prick.

we all understand why nobody wants them here. But have a bit of respect for folk of a different opinion 

Have a bit of self-respect, then.

"Move on and get over it" isn't a sufficient answer to re-hiring players who royally fucked us over, big time.

I hold my hands-up and apologise for being a prick and petty name calling, but I wholeheartedly stand by my words that I would rather give Scott Brown the red carpet treatment than allow Naismith to as much as use the facilities at Auchenhowie.

There is a world of footballers out there and our Portuguese manager will have a shortlist of is own, so I don't believe it will ever come to it, but if we bring back Naismith, Davis, Laffety, Ness, any of them, then my season ticket of 18 years will not be renewed.

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

"Move on and get over it" isn't a sufficient answer to re-hiring players who royally fucked us over, big time.

I hold my hands-up and apologise for being a prick and petty name calling, but I wholeheartedly stand by my words that I would rather give Scott Brown the red carpet treatment than allow Naismith to as much as use the facilities at Auchenhowie.

There is a world of footballers out there and our Portuguese manager will have a shortlist of is own, so I don't believe it will ever come to it, but if we bring back Naismith, Davis, Laffety, Ness, any of them, then my season ticket of 18 years will not be renewed.

I respect your view mate. We are all hurting. Probably one of the worst weeks of supporting Rangers. It'll take a while for us to get over it.

One things for sure though, there won't be 40k renewing next season.

2 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Well actually "move on and get over it" is quite an accurate way of putting across how I feel.

I can't stand and have no time for these hate filled uber staunch fans  that hold grudges, despise players like Miller, mo Johnstone and the more recent guys like Naismith.

Life is too short n whilst I'm alive I want rangers dominating.

No time for these people who view themselves as a better fan because they hate them all n won't be back if any set foot in ibrox. 

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Well actually "move on and get over it" is quite an accurate way of putting across how I feel.

I can't stand and have no time for these hate filled uber staunch fans  that hold grudges, despise players like Miller, mo Johnstone and the more recent guys like Naismith.

Life is too short n whilst I'm alive I want rangers dominating.

No time for these people who view themselves as a better fan because they hate them all n won't be back if any set foot in ibrox. 

Miller? Johnstone? Was it you who also mentioned Broadfoot? Are you genuinely tarring them with the same brush as Naismith, Lafferty, Davis, etc.?

I'm trying my hardest not to use disrespectful wording to a fellow Bear, but fuck me, you're making this difficult.

Just now, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Miller? Mo Johnstone? Was it you who also mentioned Broadfoot? Are you genuinely tarring them with the same brush as Naismith, Lafferty, Davis, etc.

I'm trying my hardest not to use disrespectful wording to a fellow Bear, but fuck me, you're making this difficult.

No I'm generalising there about our sections of fans who are hate filled. Old guys on my bus still rant about mo Johnstone n I just don't get it.

Yes I did mention broadfoot and would rather have had him in my team yesterday than wilson or even tav. 

Yes many hold grudges to Naismith, Lafferty, Whittaker etc but I personally don't. They disappointed me but I'm looking to move on want my team strong again. 

Say what you want I don't care. 

we don't want to look back,we must look forward and get

some good young players in,as long as we get some cash

and if possible get rid off most of the shite weve got just now.:megaanguish:

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

No I'm generalising there about our sections of fans who are hate filled. Old guys on my bus still rant about mo Johnstone n I just don't get it.

Yes I did mention broadfoot and would rather have had him in my team yesterday than wilson or even tav. 

Yes many hold grudges to Naismith, Lafferty, Whittaker etc but I personally don't. They disappointed me but I'm looking to move on want my team strong again. 

Miller and Johnstone are entirely different situations; not even remotely similar to the traitors, so they're incomparible.

Broadfoot done nothing wrong; he transferred his contract, then moved on with the club's blessing. Again, he is neither here nor there in this debate.

As I said, have some self-respect.

You might have had fun with your ex-missus, but she fucked you over and bad mouthed you in public; are you going to return to her because times are tough? Remember, there's plenty more fish in the sea and you need to maintain a level of self-respect.

4 minutes ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Miller and Johnstone are entirely different situations; not even remotely similar to the traitors, so they're incomparible.

Broadfoot done nothing wrong; he transferred his contract, then moved on with the club's blessing. Again, he is neither here nor there in this debate.

As I said, have some self-respect.

You might have had fun with your ex-missus, but she fucked you over and bad mouthed you in public; are you going to return to her because times are tough? Remember, there's plenty more fish in the sea and you need to maintain a level of self-respect.

I get what you're saying but I don't think you're getting me.

I am not advocating a wholesale let's bring back the squad from 2011. 

I am saying if any like a Naismith or Lafferty etc are available they should be considered on playing merit, improvement of team and not on this hatred of them from past actions. 

Say for example Naismith became available and we were interested in him and another player of a similar ability etc, common sense would say you have more chance of getting Naismith to return due to knowing the club, chance to right his wrongs and probably more chance of negotiating a deal into our wage structure. 

That is what I am saying. 

Dont rule these guys out because of the past, think of what they have to offer.

Poor example but would you not rather have had lafferty in ahead if waghorn or garner or Dodoo.

7 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I am saying if any like a Naismith or Lafferty etc are available they should be considered on playing merit, improvement of team and not on this hatred of them from past actions. 

Say for example Naismith became available and we were interested in him and another player of a similar ability etc, common sense would say you have more chance of getting Naismith to return due to knowing the club, chance to right his wrongs and probably more chance of negotiating a deal into our wage structure. 

Poor example but would you not rather have had lafferty in ahead if waghorn or garner or Dodoo.

No

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

I hated Miller when he came back. My old man despised Maurice Johnston.

until they scored against Celtic and won the league 

I never hated Miller of Johnston just for playing for the other side.

Neither did I hate Provan or McLeod as they had to make a living at their chosen profession

None of they players did anything remotely like Naismith.

I said at the time would he have walked away if his knee had not healed or would he have expected "new Rangers" to keep paying him for the remainder of his contract?

If he ever walks back through that door I will be walking out another door

12 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I fully understand your point, but I can't even begin to comprehend why you're thinking that; Dodoo or Naismith. It baffles me. There is a world of footballers out there.

I can understand people not wanting Naismith etc back after the way they left us but bottom line he's a quality player , something we don't have at this time and if he and laff etc were the only quality willing to come we must take them as were on a very slippery slope and I for one can't see anyway of stopping it ..

They are leaving us for dust and they will spend big again this summer and pull further away unless we bring in quality match winners .

It's no exaggeration. We need 10 quality players this summer and we might have to consider ones who walked away and I'll welcome anyone who'll stop this fuckin nightmare .

- Lafferty was mince first time round doubt he's improved with age.

- Whittaker not bad going forward but rubbish at the back the Tavernier of the pre admin days.

- Naismith nope even if he played for free after what he done.

- Davis playing in the EPL doubt we could afford his wages.

- Mcgregor maybe but another back stabber.

We need winners, strong players (both mentally and physically), a fine blend of young and old, big players with stature, athletes, skillful players, players with a good football brain, players that will go the extra mile, motivators, players with a thick skin etc. We also need to instate a solid spine to the team.

Naismith was a rat BUT Timothy would not want to see us sign him (he's a good, experienced player who knows where the goals are and I'm sure he would coming back wanting to please the support!). After yesterday, and at this point in time I would accept ANYBODY if it meant we could put a good team on the park.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/rangers-liquidation-steven-naismith-and-steven-whittaker-walk-away-1-2373940/amp

This is a new company called Sevco. I’ve never met Charles Green or anyone from Sevco. I don’t know who the investors are or what league they’ll be in.

“So how can I push forward into a new company that I don’t know anything about or any person involved in it? That was part of my thought process and led to my decision. I have concerns about who is in charge of the new club, definitely.

“You need to know what business you’re going to be part of. If you don’t, it’s inevitable there will be problems.”

I'd rather shite in my hand and clap furiously than welcome Naismith back!

21 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Because the old boys are from an age were the club,fans and players where all on the same page,we have been hijacked by leftys who just want a good team on the park pish

i want ibrox back to being a place where opposition players shit themselves coming out the tunnel and we had them beat before a ball was kicked

11 players out on the park who will fight like fuck for each other

if we buy the right players and get them fighting for each other then we can challenge and if Leicester showed us anything last season is team morale and togetherness can go a long way 

The Sun reporting that Naismith is about to be released on a free by Norwich just a few days after Kris Boyd said in his column that we should try and get him back up the road because he would want to right some wrongs. Now I don't want this to happen for reasons that have been stated by other people in this thread but I'm starting to think it might be on the cards...

It was 5 years ago these players were here.

They are all in their 30's now bar Aluko maybe?

That's not really building anything other than yet another stop gap with no view to what happens down the line.

These players are not what they were, most of them shat on the club and spat at our faces and now want one last pay day because we are in the top flight again. 

Would they want back if we were still in the championship? They didn't want our coin in division 3 because it was beneath them to be associated with Rangers at that time. Now we have the status back and their careers are winding down its OK to saunter back in like nothing was said?

Get fucked is what I'd say to those rat bastards, if they come back I won't be.

I think the bind we find ourselves in is that those past players are what we know. We know they can play and are better than what we have.

Since most of us think we are probably skint-we don't feel that we can get in much better than what we have.

I have mixed feelings about this-on one hand I know Lafferty/Naismith and Whittaker would definitely improve the squad but they did ditch us when we needed them the most. 

Sad but desperate times!