Getting slagged off for celebrating a last minute winner

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

It wasn't embarrassing. We played shite and we nicked it in the last minute. I'd love to have seen you telling everyone how embarrassing it was if you were in those first few rows. 

The Partick forum thread is just a laugh at a forum which contains about 15 Yes voting hipsters who use the same patter as every other Rangers hater in the country.

Not difficult to understand is it?

In my opinion it was. It wasn't a goal that was winning a cup for us or keeping us in a title race. It wasn't even a goal that was securing Europe for us despite some claiming otherwise because the draw was doing that anyway. It was a goal that keeps us secure in 3rd place, nothing more.

By all means celebrate, a last minute goal is a great feeling no matter what level it's at, but fuck running on to the pitch like that :lol:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was going off my nut - yes, we played shit but we won the game.  At this point in time we just need to win games to build confidence within the team.

A last minute winner is always good, particularly when you have been rotten for most of the game.

Its always good to shut up the haters. Lets face it we are villified at every turn so if any of our fans want to let off a bit of steam when we get a break - then so what! 

I have lost count of the games we have dominated possession and ended up drawing or losing so i will take it with a bit if satisfaction.

Also, I'm not sure how it is being portrayed as a 'pitch invasion' :lol: Hibs was a pitch invasion, most people down the front spilled over to celebrate with the players. Oh how shameful. 

I will celebrated every goal we score regardless who we play but the one yesterday felt particularly good for two reasons, that goal got us back into Europe and secondly who the f in their right mind doesnt like a last min goal and the fact Thistle fans were mocking Garner he pops up with the winner.

Fuck me man, I've read the first page and all I can say:

Nobodies celebrating the goal thinking everything's going to be alright, we scored a last minute winner after taking pelters aff the cunts all day, fuck sake.

Most fans probably walked away thinking we are fucking shite. Not gonna stop us celebrating a last minute goal in any game. Some of you think we should just boot stuff instead?

Deary me

1 hour ago, Ferris Bueller said:

If this is the crap we get for celebrating a 94th min winner against partick whats the response going to be like when we celebrate 55?

Meltdown, absolute meltdown.

11 hours ago, JamesRFC__ said:

Cringed at your own supporters fucking loving a last minute winner? 

The management team hugging each other and patting themselves on the back was what made me cringe most.  

10 hours ago, Queen's_shitebag said:

First time Europe in six years confirmed and you cringed. 

Fenian Scott brown loving rodent. 

Fuck off to ff 

any idiot could tell we were in Europe regardless of the result and a few weeks ago. any suggestion that it was Europe that led to the great celebrations is total BS and you know it!

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I know where you're coming from but my first trip to Thistle away was in 1993 mid week - McCoist scored an injury time winner and it was mayhem on the terraces - we were as bad as yesterday that night too and cruising the league tbh 

To be honest it players and management that I cringed at.  The fans always love a last minute goal regardless of significance and no issues with that.

Just now, EastEnclosureBear said:

I'm invading the pitch wi my baws oot and going on a much needed three week bender when 55 comes along. 

3 weeks? Cringe mate. If the management so much as smile when it happens I'll never step foot in Ibrox again

The only thing embarrassimg is the people feel the need to argue over this theough 4 pages. There were 5 or 6 on the pitch briefly on the pitch fs. For a "dead" club to go from division 3 back into Europe is worth celebrating. Bit like when you win a friendly in Brentford when celtic had literally hundreds on the pitch. But we'll not mention how embarrassing that was, shall we. 

19 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

The only thing embarrassimg is the people feel the need to argue over this theough 4 pages. There were 5 or 6 on the pitch briefly on the pitch fs. For a "dead" club to go from division 3 back into Europe is worth celebrating. Bit like when you win a friendly in Brentford when celtic had literally hundreds on the pitch. But we'll not mention how embarrassing that was, shall we. 

I wouldn't say celebrating a last minute winner in football is ever embarrassing. But quite a few people are still saying Euro qualification was the reason. It definitely wasn't. The celebrations were more to do with getting us out of a whole. If we had followed up last week with a defeat to Partick it would have been unimaginable. Instead the team showed they had a bit of character and quickly turned that defeat into a win. A win made all the better for the way the Partick fans were going on before it.

4 hours ago, bluenosebrad said:

I will celebrated every goal we score regardless who we play but the one yesterday felt particularly good for two reasons, that goal got us back into Europe and secondly who the f in their right mind doesnt like a last min goal and the fact Thistle fans were mocking Garner he pops up with the winner.

No, it didn't.

Ask them what team's fans came on to the pitch the same way after a last minute win against Motherwell earlier in the season.

Imagine celebrating that way against a bottom half team.

:belm:

Won't post it embedded. Here's a link. Exactly the same kind of scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ro3QsZiA6A

Fucking idiots.

13 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I know where you're coming from but my first trip to Thistle away was in 1993 mid week - McCoist scored an injury time winner and it was mayhem on the terraces - we were as bad as yesterday that night too and cruising the league tbh 

I was at that game and as I seem to remember PT were wasting time like you'd never believe and we were getting pelters from their support. McCoist's last minute goal sent us wild. It's about saying GIRUY to their shitey fans because they thought they were getting one over the Gers but came undone in the end. Haha! I'd never deny our fans a celebration. 

3 minutes ago, HenleyBear said:

I was at that game and as I seem to remember PT were wasting time like you'd never believe and we were getting pelters from their support. McCoist's last minute goal sent us wild. It's about saying GIRUY to their shitey fans because they thought they were getting one over the Gers but came undone in the end. Haha! I'd never deny our fans a celebration. 

That's exactly it - it's not us thinking we've won the CL like the fenian media would have you believe today just a massive get it right up you and a pure release. I love seeing the fans go wild at a goal and it's something we've not seen enough of past 5-6 years